Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Still Dizzy

Re: Single Rider Line Abuse

Wow, I hope I never end up in a line you are in. Is it one person going ahead of you in line really worth that much negativity being thrown around, especially at Disneyland?

• Resident of the Caldera

At the Tokyo Disney Resort, whenever there's a parade or a show, it seems to me that between 50 and 75 percent of the viewers are recording video of the event using their cellphones. (Tablets aren't big yet in Tokyo, and neither are iPhones.)

You only really notice it at the night time parades and shows, then it's like there are thousands of lights between you and the event and it's pretty bothersome. But what the Japanese do NOT do is hold the phones high above their heads so the people behind can't see. There, they behave well and you think of everyone else FIRST and yourself second.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ericg View Post
    Wrong! The same applies for all lines. You are not supposed to hold someones spot. I refuse to let anyone pass. If they want to join their friends they can have their friends come backwards through in line and join them.

I will also report you and get you removed from the line, but I don't report you until you wait through almost the entire line. Believe me the people around these people will back up your claim and applaud you too. What's most important is kind of causing a scene when it first happens. Yes, I'm an the a-hole in line, but I will stand up for what is right.
    Right? Who are you Batman no one appointed you, you have no clue why someone had to leave line or get there late......

You even know you could be ruining someone day to be "right" how is that right if you know what your doing is just causing pain and grief? I can understand the Single Rider line but the normal line, should look up People who live in a glass houses

• -

Believe me the people around these people will back up your claim and applaud you too.
    Really, I highly doubt the people around would applaud someone who makes a big deal about a mother coming back into line to rejoin their party after taking a small child to the restroom.

What's most important is kind of causing a scene when it first happens.
    So it is most important to be even more disruptive to the people around you who are trying to enjoy their day at Disneyland? While I may be a little upset at someone who may be cutting in line, it would be worse to have to endure someone making a loud scene above it. The looks that disruptor is getting that they perceive as admiration from the rest of the crowd are probably actually looks of ridicule. I wouldn’t want to make a scene, ruining other peoples day at the park and have people look at me like a pariah.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Wrong! The same applies for all lines. You are not supposed to hold someones spot. I refuse to let anyone pass. If they want to join their friends they can have their friends come backwards through in line and join them.

I will also report you and get you removed from the line, but I don't report you until you wait through almost the entire line. Believe me the people around these people will back up your claim and applaud you too. What's most important is kind of causing a scene when it first happens. Yes, I'm an the a-hole in line, but I will stand up for what is right.
    As a father of 4 small children, I can't help but take offense to this comment. What can you do when your child is doing the "potty dance" in line? Tell them "tough" because we can't let your Mom hold our place in line? Let them wet themselves? Hope that they can hold it until the ride is over? There are a lot of things to consider in these situations.

If this type of thing was actually against the rules at Disney then you better believe that they would have a CM in place at the end of every line ensuring that nobody was "cutting in line".

I highly doubt that anyone would applaud this type of behavior when it comes to this particular situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    As a father of 4 small children, I can't help but take offense to this comment. What can you do when your child is doing the "potty dance" in line? Tell them "tough" because we can't let your Mom hold our place in line? Let them wet themselves? Hope that they can hold it until the ride is over? There are a lot of things to consider in these situations.

If this type of thing was actually against the rules at Disney then you better believe that they would have a CM in place at the end of every line ensuring that nobody was "cutting in line".

I highly doubt that anyone would applaud this type of behavior when it comes to this particular situation.
    I used to take my nephew to the regional waterparks and amusement parks and I can't tell you the number of times we waited in line and got almost to the front and we would have to leave the line to go to the restroom. we didn't have the luxury of reclaiming our place in line. even when we were there with a group. we skipped the ride and waited for the group after the ride. my feeling is, you get out of the line, you start over at the end.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

First I just have to say that I had no clue there were "rules" to the single rider line that said you can't be with anyone else to use the line. Or that its "abuse" when someone gets off the ride, then gets back in the single rider line.

Secondly, I agree cutting in line is wrong, but come on people. It is not the end of the world when a few people come and catch up with their group.

My friend has endometriosis and has to use the bathroom constantly, so for a while she would just jump in and out of line until people complained enough one day, and a CM directed my friend to City Hall to obtain a GAC so that she did not have to keep doing this. So now instead of getting yelled at for getting in and out of line, she gets dirty looks for having a condition that isn't visable when she uses the GAC.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Well line cutting is against the park policy, but true I've also been guilty of the "catching up" in line to a party.

Its a hard judgement call to make and we cant really expect CMs to police the line, judging whos line cutting and whos just catching up to the group after a bathroom break or emergency or such.

I'm wary to make any calls on this, but yea it does personally irritate me when I see a group cutting past me.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post
    I used to take my nephew to the regional waterparks and amusement parks and I can't tell you the number of times we waited in line and got almost to the front and we would have to leave the line to go to the restroom. we didn't have the luxury of reclaiming our place in line. even when we were there with a group. we skipped the ride and waited for the group after the ride. my feeling is, you get out of the line, you start over at the end.
    This is the key phrase in your post that proves my point; there is no rule that states anybody has to do that at Disney. If there were, it would be enforced and I would follow that rule the same as any other rule in the park.

My feeling is that this is perfectly acceptable given this particular circumstance and I have no problem at all letting someone do the same thing... even if their party is ahead of me in line.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Heck I've had ONE person ask if they could get out of line to go to the restroom and if I'd save there spot...and done....it's called "being nice" some people may one to try that one day instead of being all...ohh the world's against me

Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    Wow! The iPad thing is so random and very unfortunate. It kind of makes me hope they learn their lesson by accidentally dropping it. That's kind of mean to think but they are ruining the experience for everyone else just because they don't feel like bring out a camera or camcorder, or phone!
    Do guests bring the ipads out after the ride has started (and out of view of castmembers)? I would think this would be a huge liability for Disney that they would want to stop - if for some reason, one of the ipads is not held securely and somehow becomes a flying object that could hit someone else on the ride... I remember years ago trying to ride a non-coaster at a SixFlags park, trying to talk to my sister who was in labor a state away, and being told to put my small phone away before they would start the ride for this reason. A flying ipad could certainly do a lot more damage than a small cell phone! I also remember Knotts not letting me wear a fanny pack, or crossbody mini camera case on Montezuma's Revenge due to safety issues...but maybe that was more lapbar safety than flying objects with velocity issues...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    But what the Japanese do NOT do is hold the phones high above their heads so the people behind can't see. There, they behave well and you think of everyone else FIRST and yourself second.
    There are rude people everywhere. I'm sure that there are just as many selfish people there as there are here. Just the same I'm sure there are just as many considerate people here as there are there.

Further, in this video one can clearly see other's brightly lit screens in the crowd shots.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9h27wlWAGP8
    Last edited by calsig31; 07-28-2012 at 08:46 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Doombuggy Rider

While I use Single Rider access @ every Theme Park to my advantage ... I go out of my way to make sure that I do not advance in line unless said Single Rider Line is moving (I haven't had a people try to bump past me via the Single Rider Line, usually I'm typically all Disneyland excited while in a queue - if there is one - or getting onto a ride as quickly as a Disney Cast Member asks me to) as I'm usually on the smart phone (still using that HTC Droid Incredible) taking advantage of information on the Mouse Wait app ...

I have noticed more iPads & Tablets (yes, I'm an Android user) use since they will shoot Hi Def Video and / or up to 8 Megapixel; but I haven't had one interrupt my Disneyland excited moments (even I respect the "no flash photography please" to mean please put your tablets, smart phones, & cameras away - I guess its up to Disney Cast Members to point out the obvious if enough people complain) ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

"What's most important is kind of causing a scene when it first happens." In my opinion, this is definitely the wrong way to deal with this. I'm sure that an "excuse me, but I don't think that what you're doing is right" would work just as well without ruining the other party's day. No need to be rude or cause a scene. I'm fine with people going to meet up with their group because you'd be waiting the same amount of time whether they were in line or not. Honestly, I think it's just a little selfish for you to assert yourself as the "line police." Not even the CMs punish you for trivial things like this without a warning. I think the correct way to deal with this is...
    "Excuse me, but I don't think you're supposed to be meeting up with your group in line. I'm just letting you know for the future that you can be kicked out of line for doing this."
    You don't know if they're just ignorant tourists or really trying to cut in line. "Meeting up with someone waiting in line" and "cutting in line" are two different things to most people. Imagine that the family that met up with the person in line saved up for years for this trip. The dad sees that the line is an hour and is reluctant to wait, but his little son has been waiting years to go on it. He's just a little kid so he can't wait to go to bathroom, and when he comes back with his mom you're behind him and start causing a scene, probably frightening the boy. When you come to the end of the line, you get the family kicked out of line and the dad refuses to wait another hour in line, and the kid will probably never be able to ride the ride. Would you act the way you did if you knew this was the story? Now of course the "line-cutter's" story probably isn't ever exactly like this, but I'm sure that there are lots of people that honestly have to be somewhere else while somebody else is waiting in line for them. There are often also the people that knowingly cheat because they know they can take advantage of it. But you really don't know the people's situation. It's the same reason that I don't around yelling at people without visible injuries that have special privileges line-wise because they're in GACs. Yes there are people that cheat, but you have to have to assume they're honest. Same goes with lines.
    Last edited by Quarar44; 07-28-2012 at 10:44 AM.

• cigaminc

Love your saying:"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234