Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Goofy's Bounce House is now part of Yesterland

Pooh Happens.
    Or shall I say...Pooh will happen.
    Last edited by Super Grover; 01-03-2006 at 02:16 PM.

• Dont make me unfriend you

My kids love Goofy's House. That is about the only thing left over in that part of TT. (Beside's Mickey's and Minni's)

Donlad's House has been gutted, I think Chip's n Dale's treehouse is gone or gutted, they used to have a ball pit up in that corner by the coaster, it's gone.

Last time we went to DL and went to TT, we did Mickey's, Minni's and Goofy's houses. Now they are taking away Goofy's??? I say rip out Donald's and Goofy's and make something bigger in their place.

• Minion FOREVER!

Awwww...! my daughter loved this (when she was small enough), but sounds like
    they have ideas about it... when the castle walk-thru went , it never got this treatment, just closed for now, then gone (off the map)

But I agree w/ Garret240, that whole quadrant of TT (southwest) has been getting
    progressively less interesting. They really need to do something to boost TT again.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    My kids love Goofy's House. That is about the only thing left over in that part of TT. (Beside's Mickey's and Minni's)

Donlad's House has been gutted, I think Chip's n Dale's treehouse is gone or gutted, they used to have a ball pit up in that corner by the coaster, it's gone...
    It is true that Toontown has been the victim of urban decline. I have hope though. Matt is still in command and so far he has improved things where he can.
    I'm for urban renewal for Toontown!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Goofy's House belongs on top of the PeopleMover platform ! ! !

Lawyers be darned.

I never really cared for Toon Town. My kids don't even want to go to Toon Town (granted they are 16, 14, and 9). If they do want to go over it's to ride Roger Rabbit, then it's right back out the gate.
    It just seemed like there wasn't enough to do there. Maybe they will add a ride of the tea cup nature or something there. This might help to attract a few more people over there.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They could do a spinner, like Dumbo. Magic Kingdom has Alladin's Carpets on top of Dumbo and the Astro Jets.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    They could do a spinner, like Dumbo. Magic Kingdom has Alladin's Carpets on top of Dumbo and the Astro Jets.
    I hate spinners. The last thing the Disneyland Resort needs is another ride that spins you in circles.. they've got Dumbo, AstroOrbiter, Golden Zephyr, and the Orange Stinger. Please... not another spinner!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Basking in birthday love

In my opinion, I think Toontown is neck and neck with Tomorrowland as far as lands needing the most renovation. I hardly ever go back there because Roger Rabbit is the only thing worth doing. The area needs a SERIOUS overhaul.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I was searching through past MiceAge columns and I stumbled over this snippet from page two of Al's 10/11/05 "Disney Dollars" update.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    ToonTown in Play
    In happier news, the new fiscal year has arrived at Disneyland and that means all sorts of projects traditionally get the green light in October. The first such item to be approved by TDA is the proposed toddler play zone we'd told you about earlier this summer slated for Toontown. The project just got the formal go ahead, and Imagineers up in Glendale are putting the finishing touches on their plans to turn the rambunctious Goofy's Bounce House queue area into a safer toddler friendly playground.
    The current construction timetable WDI is using has Goofy's Bounce House closing in early November, and the queue and garden area south of the house will be walled off at that time. The new playground will debut just after the first of the year.
    The original working title of "Goofy's KinderGarden" has been thrown out for now, although the garden theme is still intact for the area.
    Obviously, the WDI timetable slating the project to commence in November didn't happen - probably due to the huge crowds Disneyland continued to see through the end of the year - or maybe Al's sources just slipped or things changed last-minute. Anyway - I assume that the project is getting the go now and we'll be seeing the new toddler play zone that Al talked about months ago.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• ...TWO BITS!

Take out Chip N Dale's Treehouse and ballpit, Gadget's Go Coaster, Donad's Boathouse, and Goofy's Bounce House for a new attraction. Maybe the backdrop or facade to this ride can be the Mt. Rushmore of Toontown with the Fab Five being the faces. Could probably put in the waterfall and stream, too.

Have Goofy's extended queue and Toontown Park into a kids play area. Similar to WDW's Pooh Playful Spot. The waterplay area can be themed to Donald. A treehouse based on Chip N Dale here. Some other stuff I can't think of. Continue to call this area Toontown Park.

The entire Toontown food court area should be Mickey's House of Mouse indoor, sit-down restaurant. The Microphone from the TV show introduces and plays cartoon shorts. A similar format to the Sci-Fi Dine in Disney MGM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

-and get the Jolly Trolley back on track where it belongs.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Well, I dont think the actual attraction isn't gonna go away, just the queue, for the new play area. The bounce house was still in operation today.
    Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 01-03-2006 at 08:54 PM.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Mt. Rushmore of Toontown with the Fab Five being the faces.
    You Mean Sensational Six... Daisy Deserves to be up there just as much as Pluto.

Great where is goofy gonna live now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast