Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Disneyland Freak

Re: Goofy's Bounce House is now part of Yesterland

It would be neat if they'd make fake cartoon trees to replace some of the small street trees they added for shade.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Sector Two Droid Repair

My son is not going to like this. He loves the bounce house even though he is big enought to go on California Screaming.

They should wipe out the park, goofy's house and donalds boat and put in a new small ride that takes over at entire area. Maybe a return to the midgit autopia. Toontown needs a freeway right? The rollercoaster should be Gofy's barnstromer with his house as the que. Chip n Dale's treehouse could make way for a Toon Town movie theater where we can watch Mickey's Philimagic.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Minion

I say gut the whole area, move it to DCA, and dedicate a giant portion of it to be Duckburg... It fits too, Toontown is located in L.A.!

It'd probably be a better motif than the "land" that is the Hollywood Pictures Backlot...

: salivates at the idea of how much fun. it could be... :

Why do I get this image of Goofy, standing near the gates of Toontown, threadbare and unshaven, with a sign that reads:

Homeless.....

Will Goof For Food

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    It's interesting to me that they opted to put "Stay toon'd for something fun!" instead of just omitting the attraction and it's number from the list altogether.
    That's what they said for America Sings, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    The little kids always loved it, from what I saw and experienced. Not fancy enough for Disneyland, but the little ones didn't care, and if you were too tall, you couldn't play in there anyway. When my boyfriend was 4, he wasn't allowed in...he's a tall guy, always was. Poor little guy was crushed.
    They must have increased it then, because it's 52" now and for a 4 year old that size would be an off the charts monster. Same height for driving your own Autopia car.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    One of the best things about Mickey's Toontown is its ability to suck children away from the rest of Disneyland.

Most of Disneyland is filled with adults, and we have Mickey's Toontown to thank for helping create that situation. It's good that the area exists.
    Heavents to Mergatroid! Children! At Disneyland! Perish the thought!

• Tour Ready

The new name for Goofy's Bounce House is:
    GOOFY'S TOT SPOT!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Goofy's Bounce House is now part of Yesterland

Heavents to Mergatroid! Children! At Disneyland! Perish the thought!
    Call Mike and Sully to get them out ! ! ! ! !

• ...TWO BITS!

How about replacing Go Coaster, Chip N Dale House, Donald's boat, and Goofy's House into a new version of Goofy's Barnstormer. Or call it "Goofy's Plane Crazy". Goofy builds his own plane in his house and invites guests to join him on his test flight. After the load station, we go through a dark ride segment through Goofy's house then up his self-built airstrip (chain lift). From the chain lift, guests zoom through the air with a longer ride time. Goofy also crashes through a barn. He could also crash through other stuff for mayhem. Maybe fly around Chip N Dale's treehouse. I never been on the ride in WDW but in this version you can hear Goofy yelling his famous yell. Then at the end, Goofy crashes the plane into Donald's house. A dark ride segment through Donald's house with guest hearing the duck arguing with Goofy to the unload station. Guests exit Donald's boat house. EH?
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-08-2006 at 12:24 AM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Does anybody have concept art of how it's gonna look or photos of the construction progress?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

My Sunday (2/12) update (Dancing with the Stars) has a couple of current shots.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Darkbeer perhaps you can do a Miceage photo article or provide pix to another writer, of the ongoing progress. I mean the sub lagoon looks the same week after week but I think this is going to change out pretty fast.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Darkbeer perhaps you can do a Miceage photo article or provide pix to another writer, of the ongoing progress. I mean the sub lagoon looks the same week after week but I think this is going to change out pretty fast.
    You can find some of my photos in the weekly Disneyland update on Mondays at MousePlanet.com

Otherwise, just check my photo site once or twice a week...

And of course, Al's updates at MiceAge will feature photos from Al and/or David Lane, and on occasion myself....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• For You!

We love toon town! My kids love the bounce house! I hope the don't do another walk through thing. another ride would be great. We love the go coaster and roger rabbit - oh yeah, those are the only two rides there! It a great area - I hope they do something fun for everyone!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Let's get dangerous!

and dedicate a giant portion of it to be Duckburg.
    I would personally hate that. I don't know, basically a whole land for one show wouldn't go well with the rest of the park. That, and DuckTales is all right, but overrated.

Wishful thinking: It'd be nice to have small areas for all of the past Disney Afternoon shows. Thoguh since none of the little kids know who the characters are, that's nixed.

I don't like the idea of just a playground replacing the Bounce House. Yeah, the only good thing is that it keeps the little kids away from the rest of the park, but it seems very small-theme-park to me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast