Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Which is Best? Radiator Springs Racers or Epcot's Test Track?

Having ridden both attractions, I have done my own comparison. Test Track has all of the show building elements (dark ride) first, and saves the "race" for last. I found myself getting a bit tired of the dark ride elements and then wishing that there was more of the outside race portion of the ride. RCR seems to have the best balance of the show building scenes and outside track scenes (plus the rock work is breathtaking - possibly Disney's best to date).

What say you?

Re: Which is Best? Radiator Springs Racers or Epcot's Test Track?

RSR....The animatronics, and story make up for the lack of speed.
    I open in 2012

• Circle of Ancients

^ Disagree. I really felt the lack of speed compared to Test Track and it felt like it was missing "something". The race didn't seem like much of a race at all.

Maybe if I had never ridden Test Track then I would have enjoyed it more? The dark ride part was fun, but the finale' just left a LOT to be desired for me. Didn't have that "punch" like Test Track does.

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Test Track.....Both are great rides....Test track is more thrilling

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Depends on what you look for in a ride. Theme/detail or speed/thrill.

• Circle of Ancients

Will be interesting to see if Test Track wins in the themeing/thrill category once the rehab is done.

• -

I say the racers. I like Test Track because of the speed, but the rest of it just kind of leaves me cold. The amount of detail put into the racers is awesome. And the turns and mountains more than makes up for the lack of speed.

Test Track is basically an opened unthemed track that extends out of an unthemed show building.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I haven't ridden Test Track but RSR looks much more detailed and well done. I think a more difficult question would be RSR vs. Journey to the Center of the Earth, where I think Journey wins.

• Minion

RSR by far. If I want a thrill ride, I go to Magic Mountain. RSR gives me the best of everything Disneyland rides have to offer--an amazing dark ride experience with a thrill element. Is it slower or maybe less thrilling than Test Track? I guess, but I don't really care. I go for the theming, the immersion, and I couldn't possibly care less about the whole Test Track story. RSR is impeccable, and the fact that it isn't as fast as another ride somewhere else doesn't really make a difference to me.

• The "zip" in your doo dah

No contest for me. Test Track is a bore - and there is little thrill in driving fast on it's outdoor track. RSR has much more entertainment value and the hills, curves and scenery more than compensate for a lower speed.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Test Track is definitely fun with the speed, but RSR definitely keeps it fast enough to keep you entertained!

Test Track has been my favorite ride of all time since I first rode it years ago. Once I heard that RSR would be the same type of ride, I knew that TT's home in my number one spot was in peril. I finally rode RSR on Thursday, and it is easily now my favorite ride of all time.

BUT, I adore Test Track and always will. The only thing that RSR has that TT doesn't, for me, is the characters I love.

RSR hands down, mainly do to the visual effects of the mountain landscaping.

• Functional & Decorative

I like RSR a lot, but the race part is such a let down to me. In that department, I have to give it to Test Track. If I'm in a racing car, I need to go fast.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

I'm glad to hear people here saying they enjoy Test Track. Most people I hear say they can't stand the ride. I always thought I was in the minority for actually enjoying the heck out of it. I have to say Test Track, indoor portion is fun and the speed lap around the outside is tremendous. The only thing I think RSR got better was the braking at the end of the ride. You know what I'm talking about those of you who have ridden Test Track.
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast