Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney friends are #1

Are Show Passes really still needed for World Of Color?

Recently I took in a showing of World of Color. I got my Show Passes (there were 4 of us) and went about enjoying the rest of the park. Throughout the day I passed by the location where they were issuing the passes and there was hardly anyone there. Even when we lined up for the show, they were STILL issuing the passes as the show was not yet at capacity. Seeing as they were still putting out the passes at showtime, shouldn't they just do away with them now that the popularity has leveled off? Another thing that kind of irked me was that although the viewing area was obviously less than full, they still wouldn't let anyone without a pass inside the viewing area. Those without passes were sent to the front of LM to watch from there, even though there was still plenty of room to accommodate them in the audience. Why can't they backfill the empty space?
    Last edited by Crazee4mm; 07-22-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: corrected spelling error
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

Re: Are Show Passes really still needed for World Of Color?

Does that mean they weren't issuing GRR FP all day???? Don't they use the same machines and the GRR FP doesn't turn on until the WOC tickets run out?

• World of Color

I know I feel the same why, they should not require a showpass but dont let people sitting down in paradise parks for hours like Fantasmic

• Disney friends are #1

No, the GRR passes are issued from separate machines. Both sets of machines are located very close to one another and people looking for GRR passes often get into the WoC line by mistake...and vice versa.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• I'm from Canada eh!

I agree 100%. The passes are silly and make last minute viewing a pain. Time to stop the practice IMO.

• Johnny and Me!

It does keep people from hanging out in the viewing area for 5 hours.

I disagree...it keeps down the Fantasmic "need to camp out for hours" mentality...if fastpasses are still available up till showtime....great!...means that you can make a last minute decision to go see it and still get a decent spot.

I personally don't mind a bit of planning to get a fastpass to get a reasonable chance at a good spot and not have to camp out.

Perfect system...absolutely not...better than Fantasmic system...absolutely!

I think the fastpass system is still great. Gives guests a viewing area without having to waste a day camping out. I think now they should make the section smaller for fastpass. Maybe only use the Blue viewing area for fastpass and leave the yellow section for everyone else. There have been times CMs will ask people in the viewing area in front of TLM if they wish to go into the viewing area since they still had room.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

The Fastpasses are definitely still needed. When I went last week, there was quite a big number of people enjoying the shows each time. In all honesty, I wish now that "Fantasmic!" would implement the system. Just use the unused machines for Haunted Mansion to distribute them. (Something could be worked out during the overlay period.)

- Joe

I think the fastpasses need to stop, eventually. Maybe they will be stopped before next summer(3rd year mark for the show).
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 07-22-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: editing

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
    I disagree...it keeps down the Fantasmic "need to camp out for hours" mentality...if fastpasses are still available up till showtime....great!...means that you can make a last minute decision to go see it and still get a decent spot.

I personally don't mind a bit of planning to get a fastpass to get a reasonable chance at a good spot and not have to camp out.

Perfect system...absolutely not...better than Fantasmic system...absolutely!
    I absolutely agree with this. I LOVE the fact that they don't allow camping out. It gives non-locals a real chance of getting a good viewing spot without having to sacrifice hours of their day to sit there and hold one. If the FPs don't run out--all the better. That gives people the flexibility of making a last minute decision. I love this system would would love to see it in place for F!

•   
    • Minion

There could perhaps be a happy medium: offer the FPs (I do agree that I like the way they eliminate the campers) but also allow guests to fill in the back if there's room at showtime. That is fair to everyone: it means that the FP holders who planned in advance still get their spots up close, but it also means that someone who ambled by at the last minute can see the show too. If there's room left over, I don't see the point of keeping it empty at showtime.

i don't think they are needed.. the fastpass are just in use because they dont want people camping out 4 hours be4 the show starts. all they have to do is rope it off until 8. instead of the fastpass.. every time i go.. there is so much room in paradise park you can fit so much people!, unlike Fantasmic! there is limited room to even breath sometimes lol. they should really stop the fastpass now.

• Minion

Fastpasses aren't necessary to stop people from staying in the area. Cast Members are needed. With WoC, CMs are stationed at the entrances to the zones and tell people they have to get a Fastpass. Even if you have one, you can't wait there. You have to wait in the designated line elsewhere in the park. An hour before, the line is allowed to move into the seating location. I don't see why Fastpasses are necessary to just rope off the F! viewing area.

I say to get good seats, then yes.

I was there Thursday July 19th (4 Days ago)
    and for the SECOND showing, people were already lined up after the end of the first show. There were probably about 100 people ahead of me. By the time they allowed guest to claim a spot there were probably 500 people in the back. I don't know why but it seemed packed as usual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast