Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Disneyland water: Too Purified To Actually Quench Your Thirst?

The RC/7up bottling plant has been there forever. I live nearby. Here is their website -looks like they bottle deja-blue there but no other water.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I prefer the drinking fountain water to bottled water. Probably because I prefer my water at room temperature rather than cold or with ice. At home, I drink tap water. My husband buys bottled water, and drinks that. Me, on the other hand, I get a glass, and drink the water from the tap.

During my last trip to Disneyland, I did buy some small bottles of water. Not because of the taste of the water, but rather for the size of the bottle that I could reuse.
    I, too, drink tap water at home. Maybe that's why I don't have a problem with the drinking fountains in DL? IDK. Interesting thought, though...

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

I have no prob with the drinking fountains as long as it saves me a couple bucks!
    Because Bert Said So!

•   
    • Minion

I usually bring a travel water bottle, get some ice if I can, and use the special faucet fountains to fill it up. There's one at Tomorrowland Terrace and another by the Mint Julep Bar, and they are usually colder than the water fountains. They're not icy, but they're better.

---------- Post added 07-23-2012 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenchanter View Post
    The RC/7up bottling plant has been there forever. I live nearby. Here is their website -looks like they bottle deja-blue there but no other water.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group
    Interesting! I didn't realize Dr. Pepper and Snapple were the same company now.

I'm wondering about the Coca Cola plant in Orange, if they bottle the Dasani there...

• MaliBOOMer

Where I live in Portland our tap water is completely unfiltered and comes straight from a lake on Mt. Hood. Now whenever I go to California I find the tap water there to be absolutely awful. It tastes bad, water shouldn't taste like anything. If Anaheim is doing this purifying thing like some have mentioned why is so bad. I never drink bottled water, except when I travel to places like Florida or California.

Last edited by Quentin; 07-23-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I was watching Extreme Makeove Weight Loss Edition tonight and they mentioned something that made a lot of sense and answered this question. They said that cold water was the best way to quench your thirst. The problem is that cold water moves through your sytem very quickly. Then they mentioned that warm or room temperature water is best for weight loss because it gives you a fuller feeling that helps curb your food cravings, however is not effective in quenching thirst.

water fountains on the resort are not always cooled if I remember correctly , but bottled water is always chilled

Quote Originally Posted by remix1982 View Post
    I was watching Extreme Makeove Weight Loss Edition tonight and they mentioned something that made a lot of sense and answered this question. They said that cold water was the best way to quench your thirst. The problem is that cold water moves through your sytem very quickly. Then they mentioned that warm or room temperature water is best for weight loss because it gives you a fuller feeling that helps curb your food cravings, however is not effective in quenching thirst.

water fountains on the resort are not always cooled if I remember correctly , but bottled water is always chilled
    I think you have that reversed. Cold water helps you lose weight because your body used more energy (i.e. calories) trying to bring the temperature down. Further, your body doesn't process any liquid well when it's cold. That's why, if you play sports, your told NOT to drink ice cold liquids. Instead you have room temperature to slightly cold water or gatorade. The law temperature allows your body to process the liquid which thereby "quenches your thirst" more efficiently.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    About there being "Reclaimed Sewer Water" in the water system, you need to read up on the Adibatic Cycle of Fresh Water - that's how it already works in Nature.
    YES

The 'reclaimed' water thing is such hype you hear about Cali and Anaheim specifically. The treated waste water is fed back into the environment to sift through the natural cycle back to the aquifer.

It's not grey water reclamation.

In a lot of ways, if one wants to make a stink about Anaheim's water... we ALL are drinking reclaimed water because all of our waste water goes back to the environment to the natural sources where it eventually is tapped again as a source.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    I think you have that reversed. Cold water helps you lose weight because your body used more energy (i.e. calories) trying to bring the temperature down. Further, your body doesn't process any liquid well when it's cold. That's why, if you play sports, your told NOT to drink ice cold liquids. Instead you have room temperature to slightly cold water or gatorade. The law temperature allows your body to process the liquid which thereby "quenches your thirst" more efficiently.
    Here's an article that supports what I heard

Livestrong
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/270097-hot-water-weight-loss/

Of course looking at sources on the web everybody seems to have different theories and it's a mixed bag of results. So everybody is right and nobody is wrong it seems.
    Last edited by remix1982; 07-24-2012 at 08:07 AM.

• Mischievous Mouse

We are "chlorine intolerant" - can't stand the taste, but our next trip instead of BUYING water we'll try these ...

Brita Bottle Aqua: The Brita Water Filter Bottle — Drinking Water

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• some assembly required

Personally, I will never drink from a fountain unless it is some sort of "emergency". I have no issues touching the handrails that the unwashed masses have touched, b/c I can wash (and do wash) my hands before they go anywhere near my face.

When it comes to fountains tho, I have seen way too many ppl, mostly toddlers, french kiss a fountain spout. Gross. I dunno if this is their lingering suckle-response, or that their parents haven't taught them how it works yet... but they can keep the fountains, I will stick with other options...
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Banned User

Considering the topic of this thread and the fact that it has received 25 replies already, I am convinced that micechatters are now officially out of things to talk about.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Where I live in Portland our tap water is completely unfiltered and comes straight from a lake on Mt. Hood. Now whenever I go to California I find the tap water there to be absolutely awful. It tastes bad, water shouldn't taste like anything. If Anaheim is doing this purifying thing like some have mentioned why is so bad. I never drink bottled water, except when I travel to places like Florida or California.
    It's all in the mineral load and exact mix that you're used to. Your "Mountain Lake Water" probably has less dissolved minerals, and it's what you're used to.

And it's the same with any municipal system - Some are using more local ground well water, some get it piped in from regional systems in the area mountains, and some get a lot from far away river systems where the regional mineral load is very different.

Roam around in Southern California and you'll notice the differences between the municipal systems. Los Angeles City water is mainly from the Owens River Valley and California Aqueduct. But it has won Water Taste Tests against some of the best, because they buff it up real good before they send it out. Anaheim Water is a lot harder - almost Crunchy - but not disagreeable. And once you run it through a Activated Carbon filter for a soda fountain, it's not bad at all...

There's even a decent amount of Desalination still happening, mostly in isolated places like Avalon on Catalina Island. Reverse Osmosis desalination isn't expensive when compared to the transportation costs of bringing in fresh water on barges or building an undersea pipeline...

And folks, all Dasani or Aquafresh are is the same City Water they use for making and bottling Coke or Pepsi products - They run it through Reverse Osmosis and Carbon Filters, then add back in the trace minerals they want to for consistent taste.

Heck, after natural disasters even the big Breweries crank up their bottling lines and send out truckloads of treated water for emergencies - I've seen 2-color printed cans (IIRC blue on a white background) of "Coors Drinking Water" ...

--<< Bruce >>--

---------- Post added 07-24-2012 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    Considering the topic of this thread and the fact that it has received 25 replies already, I am convinced that micechatters are now officially out of things to talk about.
    Are not! Besides, the Argument Clinic is down the hall...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

"drink cactus juice! it'll quench ya! it's the quenchiest!"

Last week I seemed to have trouble being quenched by Disneyland's water fountains but it certainly wasn't the purity that was causing it. That stuffs got a strong flavor to it and it always weirds me out.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    I think that happened in 2005!

Personally, I like these random details.

---------- Post added 07-24-2012 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bruce bergman View Post
    and folks, all dasani or aquafresh are is the same city water they use for making and bottling coke or pepsi products - they run it through reverse osmosis and carbon filters, then add back in the trace minerals they want to for consistent taste.

--<< bruce >>--
    lmbo!!! I soooo think of tooth paste when I read this.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast