Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: Disneyland water: Too Purified To Actually Quench Your Thirst?

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    lmbo!!! I soooo think of tooth paste when I read this.
    Aquafina, smart***... Teach me to not let my fingers run on auto-pilot without triple-checking them. Dasani is Coca-Cola, Aquafina is Pepsi. Pure Life from Nestle, Sparkletts and Alhambra from Danone...

There are a bunch of independent brands of "Purified" Drinking Water that all do the same thing - take City Water from the line feeding the local bottling plant, treat it to widely varying degrees, some add in the trace minerals (yes, the Aquafresh would tie in here, they're adding in a tiny bit of essentially toothpaste), and bottle it.

If you're going to pay a premium, make sure you know whether it's worth the money. The term to look for is "Source" or "Spring" Drinking Water, from a certain place.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• The Pumpkin King

I never liked drinking water fountains of any kind. From schools, to parks, to theme parks, camp grounds, stores,etc...

I feel the same with all of them, and that is........

I feel like Im drinking toilet water through the water fountain.

Mainly because 98% of the time they are right THERE by the bathrooms, so I always had this image of it being toilet water instead of actual water.

Lmao

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    I feel the same with all of them, and that is........

I feel like Im drinking toilet water through the water fountain.

Mainly because 98% of the time they are right THERE by the bathrooms, so I always had this image of it being toilet water instead of actual water.

Lmao
    I guess you never brush your teeth then??
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I guess you never brush your teeth then??
    Hahaha very funny . No, I do brush my teeth. Ever since I had my root canal done, I have been paranoid that I would need some other major stuff done with my teeth. So Im keeping them clean as possible.

Since Nestle was mentioned here, I wanted to add that in Canada the Nestle pure life water is spring water and not filtered tap water. I am unsure if all of Canada is bottled at the same place, but they bottle from a natural source about 2 hours east of Vancouver in a town called Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Aquafina, smart***... Teach me to not let my fingers run on auto-pilot without triple-checking them. Dasani is Coca-Cola, Aquafina is Pepsi. Pure Life from Nestle, Sparkletts and Alhambra from Danone...

There are a bunch of independent brands of "Purified" Drinking Water that all do the same thing - take City Water from the line feeding the local bottling plant, treat it to widely varying degrees, some add in the trace minerals (yes, the Aquafresh would tie in here, they're adding in a tiny bit of essentially toothpaste), and bottle it.

If you're going to pay a premium, make sure you know whether it's worth the money. The term to look for is "Source" or "Spring" Drinking Water, from a certain place.

--<< Bruce >>--

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Where I live in Portland our tap water is completely unfiltered and comes straight from a lake on Mt. Hood. Now whenever I go to California I find the tap water there to be absolutely awful. It tastes bad, water shouldn't taste like anything. If Anaheim is doing this purifying thing like some have mentioned why is so bad. I never drink bottled water, except when I travel to places like Florida or California.

Try the tap water from the SF Bay Area. It comes directly in pipes from Hetch Hetchy snow melt, so pure it doesn`t need to be filtered,rated with some of the best in the nation. The water we ship to Southern Ca comes from the Sacramento and American Rivers thru the Ca Aquaduct.
    I worked for almost 30 years for Pepsi and can confirm that Aquafina is from tap water, but at our Hayward plant that tap water is from Hetch Hetchy.It still goes thru filters and reverse osmosis, minerals added, and bottled with ozone (not kidding ) to help preserve it.
    Last edited by Jerryp49; 07-25-2012 at 06:03 AM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Since Nestle was mentioned here, I wanted to add that in Canada the Nestle pure life water is spring water and not filtered tap water. I am unsure if all of Canada is bottled at the same place, but they bottle from a natural source about 2 hours east of Vancouver in a town called Hope.
    In the states, the law controls what you can call 'spring' water. Everything else is just processed 'tap water'. So you can tell right from the label. For spring water, it will say the source too.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I almost always drink from the fountains- it's free! I can also fill my CamelBak pack from them, if I have a cup of some kind (first aid on Main Street is best).
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    In the states, the law controls what you can call 'spring' water. Everything else is just processed 'tap water'. So you can tell right from the label. For spring water, it will say the source too.
    Same in Canada. Really the only bottled water that isn't from a natural spring or source seems to be the Pepsi and Coke brands up there, most companies seem to prefer the plethora of natural springs and sources.

The labels there will dictate where the water is from just like in the US.

i just ask at any restaurant for a cup of ice water. they give you about 8-12 oz cups (i can't remember) with a lid and straw. free, and you can ask as many times as you want! this always makes me feel rehydrated... i think the ice helps, though.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Here: www.aquafresh.com.au/

Nothing "smart A$$y" aboutr it. I assumed you were from outside the USA where there are many water products using the [unrelated] name "Aquafresh". This Aussie company was quite popular in the Ile-de-France region.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123