Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    I was going to head out to the park in about 30 minutes does anybody know what the crowds will be like...if any? :]

  2. #2

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    I presume you meant January 3rd?? The 4th is tomorrow...

    As for today...

    Well, all the Rose Bowl folks coming to watch the game have a "day off", since the Parade was yesterday, and the game is Tomorrow.

    Also, MANY school districts have the week off, including LA Unified and Anaheim, so lots of kids will be there.

    The weather is better, so folks in town who postponed their trip will show up.

    And Most AP holders were blocked out last week, and over half have been blocked out for 2 weeks, so they can also return to the park.

    Be prepared for large crowds. (Disney is, and has expanded hours due to the expected crowds).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  3. #3

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I presume you meant January 3rd?? The 4th is tomorrow...

    As for today...

    Well, all the Rose Bowl folks coming to watch the game have a "day off", since the Parade was yesterday, and the game is Tomorrow.

    Also, MANY school districts have the week off, including LA Unified and Anaheim, so lots of kids will be there.

    The weather is better, so folks in town who postponed their trip will show up.

    And Most AP holders were blocked out last week, and over half have been blocked out for 2 weeks, so they can also return to the park.

    Be prepared for large crowds. (Disney is, and has expanded hours due to the expected crowds).
    ahhh what the heck? Darkbeer - not to call you out wrong here, but I have many friends in the LA school district (i'm a senior in hs still =[ ) but they all go back to school today, but maybe its just the HS's i know people at)

    ASLJKDLAKW!!!!!! I waited to go on a non-crowded day and this is wut i get :[ oh well, we'll see :P

  4. #4

    • DLR -> WDW Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,238

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    Sweetheart, if I could predict the future I wouldn't waste my energy on estimating Disneyland crowds. :P I'd be winning the lottery. Geeze.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

  5. #5

    • Dreams do come true
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    876

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    My kid goes back to school on the 9th, here in Long Beach, We'll be there tomorrow.

  6. #6

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    yea baby...thats where i go

  7. #7

    • The Fantasyland guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    981

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    Est crowds are to be around 62,000 each day this week.

    Yesterdays est changed in the morning to 28,000 and then lowered to 10,000 around 3. (According to my friends who work in ticket sales.)

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    157

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    Agrees with D-Beer. Today has all the ingrediants for a very, very busy day!

  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Seal Beach, California, United States
    Posts
    2,944

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    Quote Originally Posted by snorkeld
    My kid goes back to school on the 9th, here in Long Beach, We'll be there tomorrow.
    Los Alamitos district too.
    Mike



  10. #10

    • Damn Good Burger!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In the backseat!
    Posts
    5,969

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    Looks like year-round in L.A. go back the 3rd, traditional the 9th. San Diego started back today. Went this week(end) last year and it wasn't so bad - and they had 2 out of state teams playing.

  11. #11

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    Stopped by this afternoon to take photos, the entire secondary Star Tours queue was full. Space Mountain was out of Fastpasses at 3 PM, and had a 75 minute standby.

    It was BUSY!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  12. #12

    • Resident Fantasmic Guru
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    168

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    yet only one parade and no Fantastmic! :-(

    FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

  13. #13

    • Damn Good Burger!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In the backseat!
    Posts
    5,969

    Re: Crowd Expections today? 1/4

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Stopped by this afternoon to take photos, the entire secondary Star Tours queue was full. Space Mountain was out of Fastpasses at 3 PM, and had a 75 minute standby.

    It was BUSY!
    A word of advice, never listen to me. Darkbeer is always right! I didn't think it would be so bad compared to last year. This weekend should be interesting.

Similar Threads

  1. 4/9 crowd
    By popinjay07 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 02:36 PM
  2. Thanksgiving Crowd
    By demento57 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 09:42 AM
  3. Crowd changes in '06???
    By DisneylandPlanner in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 07:33 PM
  4. Crowd Control
    By bubbubble4 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 10:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •