Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

Going to Carsland for this first time next week and have a few questions.

If we want to ride RSR twice that day, what is the best approach? Get FP at opening (I assume)... then what? Get in standby line? Or try and do single-rider first thing? (Is the single-rider line open first thing in the morning?).

What is the typical wait time when using (returning with) a fastpass?

If we get to DCA really early, and we run (I mean walk) straight to RSR, should we ride first, then get a fast pass? Or will the standby line be really long no matter what (we don't have early entry/magic morning)?

Thanks so much for any advice!

• MaliBOOMer

Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

I would say try your hardest to get there before the park opens so you can be one of the first to get a Fast Pass for it. They go quick and the line for them has been quite long I have heard.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

Get a Fastpass then get into the Single Rider line right after because the regular standby will probably be way too long by the time you get your fastpass.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Best way? If you mean getting to ride RSR 2 times in one day 'the quickest way'... I would recommend standing in the Single Rider line. You can do 2 rides within 2 hours if you really wanted to. From personal experience I have waited between 5 min to 50 min. On average, the typical RSR single rider waits about 45 minutes.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

•   
    • Minion

Get there early in the morning and get your FP. Then find a time during the day to wait in the single rider line. I have gotten on it 5 times in one day using this strat. The single rider line can sometimes move very quickly.

does anyone know the best way to get a fast pass for anything past 8 at night?? Get in line maybe right at 8 in the morning??

• Future Animator

Does the single rider skip a lot of the ambiance and atmosphere of the queue?

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    It's a lot shorter so yes you don't go through the major parts of the queue. Single rider is a good way to get on an attraction faster. You can always wait in the normal line to see every part of the queue. Just depends on your agenda.

• Disneyland Original '55

Depending on the Time of the Fast Pass hop in the single rider late in the evening, like during the first show of WoC becuase the ride is better at night.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BuenaVista St. View Post
    does anyone know the best way to get a fast pass for anything past 8 at night?? Get in line maybe right at 8 in the morning??
    When I got my RSR fastpass on a trip a couple of weeks ago, I entered the park at 8:10 A.M., was in line for fastpass by 8:15, got my FP about 8:50, and had a return time of 7:55 P.M.

Your mileage may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by Grin Without a Cat View Post
    When I got my RSR fastpass on a trip a couple of weeks ago, I entered the park at 8:10 A.M., was in line for fastpass by 8:15, got my FP about 8:50, and had a return time of 7:55 P.M.

Your mileage may vary...
    Thank you! I just don't want to wait in the fast pass line and get a ticket for say 5 pm when it's still daylight out.

Agree with people who said best way to ride RSR twice is getting to DCA before 8am and waiting in the Fast Pass line and then using the Single Rider line at some point during the day.

I have been at DCA before 8am 3 times this Summer and have gotten fast passes that ranged from 11am to 1pm.

I have only ridden RSR once each day, but the Single Rider line did seem to move fast.

My Fast Pass waits for RSR have been pretty short, averaging about 10 mins. Never really felt compelled to wait in line to ride it twice in the same day.

This, my friends, is a true believer. He *prefers* to wait in line in order to absorb and enjoy what the imagineers were intending to convey. To mouse ears up for you sir!

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• ~

Exactly what I'm concerned about. I would rather opt for a longer wait and be able to enjoy the queue. Speaking of which, I had the same question for the fastpass entrance. I'm assuming with a fastpass you skip the beginning of the queue that doesn't have lots of theming and are still able to enjoy the portion of the queue that tells the story of Radiator Springs?

I'll be going for the first time either September 13th or September 14th. Any predictions on how long the standby line will be in the morning of either of those days? How long is the line typically first thing in the morning?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I'd say you get a good feel for the Q in the Single rider all you really miss are two Switch back stations (places where the lines just go back in fourth in an area)

You still see the Springs, hear the songs...see the cars racing before riding

As for the best way....well like other said get a FP when it open then Single rider...or normal Q (though I have seen this reach 2 hours RIGHT as it opens)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast