Why so little Sponsors in DCA?

I was think about this, there seems to be a complete lack of sponsors in DCA besides Kodak for Muppets, Alamo Rent-A-Car for Mullholland Madness, and that's about it. Besides food stands, none of the big rides have any sponsors...You would think Soarin' or Screamin' might have one..Any reasons why?

• Banned User

Re: Why so little Sponsors in DCA?

If you were a sponsor would you like to advertise in a park that is dead more then 50% of the time?

• Rock Star Minion

Perhaps the story of Dole's sponsorship of the Tiki Room left corporations with a sour taste. That was then (Eisner/Pressler/Harriss), though.

Corporations do sponsorships in order to make money. Corp's make money with sponsorships if the attraction is:
    1. Great;
    2. Well-placed within park;
    3. Very well-known;
    4. Somehow has corporate product tie-in (Milgard Doors for Mike and Sulley"?);
    5. Is well-maintained ("by whom" was the issue with Tiki);

Sponsorship has to result in bottom-line profits. Convincing corp's of this is a lot more difficult, as short-term results are too important these days. Laying out a few million dollars for the hope of 10 years of sales increases, most of which cannot be traced directly back to the sponsorship, is too risky for most.
    Last edited by sediment; 01-06-2006 at 09:36 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Robert Mondavi and Wolfgang Puck threatened Disney with lawsuits.

They agreed to participate by relying on attendance estimates Disney had provided. When the crowds failed to materialize, those institutional patrons were not very happy.

• Banned User

like ^ said, when people didn't show, they used the loophole in their contract to save money and get the heck out..

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Robert Mondavi and Wolfgang Puck threatened Disney with lawsuits.

They agreed to participate by relying on attendance estimates Disney had provided. When the crowds failed to materialize, those institutional patrons were not very happy.
    I never tried the wolfgang puck place, and I sure wish I did. Robert Mondavi, I was so upset to see them go, cause I couldnt buy their wines at the park anymore

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

But couldn't there be alternative tie ins, like Farmers Insurance could sponsor California Screamin'. No, I didn't just say that, that was wrong. Hey maybe instead of just a ride, we could have entire lands sponsored by corporations like Home Depot. They could through in paint and light bulbs.

Seriously though, sediment is exactly right, without any return on investment for a sponsorship, corporations will not lay out the cash just to have their name on an attraction. It's like any sponsorship deal, look at who companies like Nike sponsor, the all-stars that generate label appeal.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Well it is just that there are some good opportunities for sponsors, like Boeing which has a big presence in Long Beach would be a good contender for Soarin', companies based in California like Google, Apple, Bank of California, or just other companies already paired with Disney like Honda and Siemens.

maybe Fanta for Orange Stinger and they can play the theme song and have Fanta misted.