Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

• I'm New Here

Re: Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report - with lots of pictures

Thanks guys for sharing the experience with us. I've never met any of you (except Ruston) but feel like I know you all. Next time you're in Florida, we need to hang out at the World. Enjoyed following you though Japan and was completely amazed when Ruston said he stayed in the suite! He sent me a teaser photo of him being dragged out of the suite and I've been waiting for your post since.

I love that there's an outdoor patio behind the suite that's completely private. I never knew that and it's for sure my favorite spot. I'm going to guess the fireflies are the same ones used in the Pirates bayou section. Very cool.

Oh and one correction on the castles used for inspiration. The second one is the Chateau de Chenonceau (I think!). I've been to both castles and they are amazing to see in person.

Château de Chenonceau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks again! Ruston is truly one of a kind and I'm glad to have met him though my friend Joe. Congrats to all.
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.

• Joe Flowers

Re: Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report - with lots of pictures

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    OK, I took four hours to read the Tokyo trip report today

(Joe's Tokyo Disney trip report - October 1st to 16th, 2011 - Lots of pictures) and while it was cool, this trip report has it beat in my opinion.

The great care that you took with your photo documentation, and the magical moments that Ruston added to the party with the invitations and secret passwords really helped make this occasion special for your guests as well as everyone reading.

Wow, two top trip reports in less than a year! Looking forward to the next one.
    I agree about including everyone else's comments and memories, and that'll be something I ask from my friends on future trip reports. Half the fun is hearing about how your friends experienced it.
    Hopefully I whetted your appetite for going out to Tokyo Disneyland though with all the cool stuff there is to see.
    The next trip for the four of us will be to Disney World in September! Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

Now, Ruston has to win a night at the Cinderella Suite at the Magic Kingdom!
    Wouldn't that be something... I don't think anyone could possibly be that lucky though.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMandy View Post
    What a truly special and magical stay! You can always tell those that really appreciate this treat by the way they describe their story.

Thank you so much for sharing it with everyone and for making it so detailed and as if we were all there with you! So many questions and experiences have been cleared up for me personally and I wish that I too could take part myself! ;-)

Congrats again and happy belated birthday!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! I spent the day at, surprise, Disneyland and it was awesome! I think my favorite part was just after the Voices of Liberty sang outside the Opera House and before they went inside to do their number, they saw me with my birthday hat and button. They asked if they could sing me Happy Birthday, and of course I said yes! Standing there with 11 amazing singers in a half moon around me singing Happy Birthday to me alone was incredible!

The rest of the day was similarly fantastic, whether it was watching the Dapper Dans on Main Street and having the piano player break into a quick "Happy Birthday" when he saw my button, all the birthday wishes from random guests as we were walking around, the piano player in the Grand Californian lobby also playing "Happy Birthday" when he saw my button, and then finishing the night with an amazing dinner at the Napa Rose. I don't know how you can beat that for a great birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzygrl View Post
    you'll never know how happy iam right now and will be every time i reread your TR. ive been stuck in a wheelchair for the past 5 years (i have MS) and seldom get to Disneyland (my favorite thing in my life) and when i do get there many things have changed as far as what i can and cannot do anymore.

Your report simply transported me and i felt as if i was there with all of you and i loved every minute. I know this will be something i can go to when i need a pick me up. thank you! thank you! thank you!!!!!
    Aww. Now you're making me misty eyed. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by QPerth View Post
    Just a truly wonderful Trip Report, to a very deserving Disney fan, who was not only so generous to share this with loved and appreciative friends, but also all the readers from around the world at MiceChat - Thank you soo so much for sharing this wonderful and magic experience with everyone. It would have taken a long time to put all this into words, and to organise all the pictures and videos, but just know that all your hard work in sharing is truly appreciated by readers here. Thank you! -Q
    You're very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop Raeb View Post
    Thanks guys for sharing the experience with us. I've never met any of you (except Ruston) but feel like I know you all. Next time you're in Florida, we need to hang out at the World. Enjoyed following you though Japan and was completely amazed when Ruston said he stayed in the suite! He sent me a teaser photo of him being dragged out of the suite and I've been waiting for your post since.

I love that there's an outdoor patio behind the suite that's completely private. I never knew that and it's for sure my favorite spot. I'm going to guess the fireflies are the same ones used in the Pirates bayou section. Very cool.

Oh and one correction on the castles used for inspiration. The second one is the Chateau de Chenonceau (I think!). I've been to both castles and they are amazing to see in person.

Château de Chenonceau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks again! Ruston is truly one of a kind and I'm glad to have met him though my friend Joe. Congrats to all.
    I think they're the same as the ones in Pirates. It's much darker in Pirates so it's hard to tell exactly. Here though you can get up close to see how it works.

Good call on the castle. I replayed the private tour video a few times and couldn't quite make it out. I've updated my original posting and gave you credit for calling out the correct castle. Amazing that you've been to both. Maybe we'll have to take a week detour when we all head out to France to see Disneyland Paris...

• I'm from Canada eh!

Thanks again for such a great report. I feel like I will being coming back to it every once in a while look at the pics and the videos.

Best. Trip. Report. Ever!!!!!

• I'm New Here

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post

Wouldn't that be something... I don't think anyone could possibly be that lucky though.

Good call on the castle. I replayed the private tour video a few times and couldn't quite make it out. I've updated my original posting and gave you credit for calling out the correct castle. Amazing that you've been to both. Maybe we'll have to take a week detour when we all head out to France to see Disneyland Paris...
    The WDW Dream Suite has NOTHING on the DLR one. I took a tour of it during a passholder event and its very small, no balcony, no views to the outside and only one bedroom. The only cool thing is the tub (similar to the one you enjoyed) but probably smaller. Thinking only one person comfortably in that one.

I was lucky enough to travel to France when I was in high school and saw a lot of castles then. I honestly didn't know it was used as inspiration until your post so pretty cool! We made a point to go to the other one in Germany when visiting Munich. It was a couple hour drive but WOW, totally worth it. An absolutely amazing setting and to know that Walt walked there was kinda cool too.
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.

Thank you for your TR, seems so "flat" compared to how it stirred me! It transported me to Disneyland and I felt like I was there with you all! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this experience with us! I smiled the entire time and like others, I misted up and just got completely caught up in it all!

I love that you took all the pictures I would have taken! Always before, the slim pickings of pics that anyone shares are few. But you did exactly what I would do, take a picture of every square, wonderful inch of the place!!!!!

You shared the special feeling that one gets only at the Happiest Place on Earth in this TR and I am still marveling at how you did it! Thank you!

• TDR and Japan fan

I was navigating through the site when I noticed this... when I saw the first pictures I was like "Wait a moment... I think I recognize them" and yes, it were the same people who went to TDR and that made an amazing TR.
    I know I might not have the chance of winning a night there (starting from the fact that I live in another country), but I was eagerly waiting from a TR of the dream suite.
    I can't describe the happiness you have transmitted with this TR, the photos and videos are amazing, the details in the room and the scenery (starting from the good night kiss button) are amazing
    I hope they keep this room for a long time, and make a permanent promotion to stay there for a night, so more people can experience it
    Thank you again for your trip report and I can't wait for your next one
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

Thank you for posting this amazing awesome TR. Thank for sharing -most of us wouldn't have had the opportunity to experience otherwise! I loved seeing all the magical moments and the 360 views and the painstaking detail you took in the report. Me and the fam were all crowded around the computer

• Shablagoo!

So yesterday my friends told me I had to come look at this thread. They told me it was like the trip reports of old. When I say old I mean from like 2005 or 06. Sure enough they were right. It certainly reminded me of Micechat's glory days. Thanks for a terrific report.

• Let's all go . . .

649.8 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Got to say thanks so much for putting so much work and detail into this trip report! What an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing.
    Maggie doesn't get along with the other babies . . .

• Disney "FREAK" since 1981

Thank you so much for this captivating report! I am so glad you won so that you could share all the wonderful times with all of us.

I am going on a cruise soon and you have given me a textbook example on how to capture all the memories you experience.

You guys all rock!!...and Happy Belated Birthday!!

• Minion

I hate you. Sorry... that's just my overwhelming jealousy talking. It's my way of saying "Best trip report ever". Thank you for letting us live vicariously through it.

• formerly very helpful

I have to say, as I revisited your trip report, I was taken by how you didn't leave the actual suite any more than you absolutely had to. It makes me glad that someone (and friends) won this honor who really appreciate what a marvelous, valuable experience this is. You didn't take this gor granted, but appreciated every single moment.
    Sure, like most everyone else who read this, I'm JEALOUS, but more than anything, it makes me just happy for you, and glad that you were able to have such a wonderful time.

• Joe Flowers

I was able to get photos from one of the last members of the group, plus received a few comments from some of the last group members. I've incorporated them throughout my previous posts, but I'll add them here for those who don't want to scroll back through the report looking for the unique individual photos.

Oh, and I also went back and added a whole bunch of spoiler tags to this trip report. If someone who is about to stay in the Dream Suite stumbles across this trip report, a lot of the magic will be lost for them.

One of the great things that I wasn't able to capture but someone else did, were the fireflies on the Patio. Here's the video:

Bruce getting ready to come up the Dream Suite staircase

And exploring the suite

Chelle leading the group around the suite.
    \

A couple more photos from Fantasmic and the crowds around the river

A closer view of the mechanical birds that were the inspiration for Audio-animatronics

And a larger view of the glass case beside the fireplace.

Some of the decorations throughout.

A view of the chandelier in the Parlor

Another Hidden Mickey in the carpet in red.

A few more shots of the Adventureland bedroom

And a couple shots of the balcony

A couple more of the hallway

The chandelier in the concierge hallway

And one more concept painting I didn't get a shot of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangel View Post
    Thank you for your TR, seems so "flat" compared to how it stirred me! It transported me to Disneyland and I felt like I was there with you all! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this experience with us! I smiled the entire time and like others, I misted up and just got completely caught up in it all!

I love that you took all the pictures I would have taken! Always before, the slim pickings of pics that anyone shares are few. But you did exactly what I would do, take a picture of every square, wonderful inch of the place!!!!!

You shared the special feeling that one gets only at the Happiest Place on Earth in this TR and I am still marveling at how you did it! Thank you!
    You're very welcome. This is a place I'm always going to want to remember, so I went in with the mindset that I'll be documenting as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
    I was navigating through the site when I noticed this... when I saw the first pictures I was like "Wait a moment... I think I recognize them" and yes, it were the same people who went to TDR and that made an amazing TR.
    I know I might not have the chance of winning a night there (starting from the fact that I live in another country), but I was eagerly waiting from a TR of the dream suite.
    I can't describe the happiness you have transmitted with this TR, the photos and videos are amazing, the details in the room and the scenery (starting from the good night kiss button) are amazing
    I hope they keep this room for a long time, and make a permanent promotion to stay there for a night, so more people can experience it
    Thank you again for your trip report and I can't wait for your next one
    That's us! I don't know that there's any way for me to top this trip report. It won't keep me from trying though...

Quote Originally Posted by Belle626 View Post
    Thank you for posting this amazing awesome TR. Thank for sharing -most of us wouldn't have had the opportunity to experience otherwise! I loved seeing all the magical moments and the 360 views and the painstaking detail you took in the report. Me and the fam were all crowded around the computer
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughin'Place View Post
    Got to say thanks so much for putting so much work and detail into this trip report! What an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiction41999 View Post
    Thank you so much for this captivating report! I am so glad you won so that you could share all the wonderful times with all of us.
    I am going on a cruise soon and you have given me a textbook example on how to capture all the memories you experience.
    You guys all rock!!...and Happy Belated Birthday!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I have to say, as I revisited your trip report, I was taken by how you didn't leave the actual suite any more than you absolutely had to. It makes me glad that someone (and friends) won this honor who really appreciate what a marvelous, valuable experience this is. You didn't take this gor granted, but appreciated every single moment.
    Sure, like most everyone else who read this, I'm JEALOUS, but more than anything, it makes me just happy for you, and glad that you were able to have such a wonderful time.
    Very glad you all enjoyed it. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

And with that, I think I can close out this Epic Trip Report. Thanks for following along!

• Future Imagineer!!

Wow. Best way to spend the morning before school and work was reading through this Trip Report THank you so much for all the details!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast