Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report - with lots of pictures

I've been going through a tremendously hard time this week and this thread has been absolutely therapeutic for me! Thanks again for posting. All of us here are living vicariously and enjoying every second of it!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Re: Joe's Epic Overnight Disneyland Dream Suite Trip Report - with lots of pictures

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Ruston, your generosity to your friends, both in real life and here on MiceChat, has truly touched my heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your story about Walt's description of Disneyland to his granddaughters, coupled with your own insights, made me a little misty-eyed. While I love all the photos, and have eagerly awaited the next installment, the one that caught my eye was Theresa on the moving ramp in the Mansion - so elegantly moody and spooky.

You've done more for me than you know. Thanks again.
    All the credit for these postings goes to Joe. He is the one who is organized and has the foresight to take pictures and journal all of these things. I just have to show up and try not to look too hammy in his pictures (I struggle with this!)

I am the lucky one who got to share this experience with my close friends, but Joe is the one who has shared our experience with all of you... which I think is really cool!! Had I have known it was going to be this popular, I might have worn a nicer shirt. Ha ha.

• Joe Flowers

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler
    This trip report gives an extremely detailed report of our experience at the Disneyland Dream Suite. Be warned, if you read this posting, and then stay in the Dream Suite, many of your magical moments will not be as magical.

If you happened upon this page and you're actually going to be staying in the Disneyland Dream Suite,
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    DO NOT READ THIS!!!
    It will be so much more magical if you experience it all for yourself first.

Before I continue and close out our amazing time in the suite, I wanted to share a closer look at each of the rooms.

My absolute favorite photo of each room are the 360º panorama shots I took. These photos really make me feel like I'm right back there.

A couple things to note though on the panoramas; you have to click the image and it will take you to an external site. I can't embed the panoramas directly here on the forums. Also, the file sizes are pretty big, topping out at just over 100MB each, so it might take a minute or two to load.

Because they're so large though, there's plenty of detail all around the room. Definitely use the +/- buttons to zoom in on anything you find interesting.

Lastly, if you hit the "F" button, it will make each photo full screen, and that's when it really feels like I'm back there just looking around the room.

So please do click on these links. If you've liked the photos I've posted so far, you'll love these.

The Parlor is the first room you see as soon as you enter a Dream Suite.

The photos below are really meant to compliment the panorama above.

Ruston's complimentary gift bowl. It had the Disney Dream Suite logo on the front, with July 14th 2012 on one side, and Harker on the other.

The amazing fireplace.

Ruston said it looks like the castle is on fire.

If you stare into the fire long enough, you'll see fireworks appear.

Spoiler

A closer view of the mechanical birds that were the inspiration for Audio-animatronics

Beside the fireplace is a glass case.

Here's Cinderella's stage coach.

Plus a glass slipper.

No questioning which switch does what in here. I love how they're all labeled.

This was a special mirror our hostesses told us about when we entered. They used a special technique painting on the back of the glass that covers it. As such, the small details have to be painted first, then you follow with the larger and larger sections.

This carrousel horse is a representation of what inspired Walt to create Disneyland park.

The main clock in the room that also started off all the magic moments in this room.

The Tiki Room birds in the morning

Spoiler

Geppetto between 6pm and 9pm

Spoiler

And Cinderella from 10pm to midnight

Spoiler

Here's another panorama from the other side of the room.

The two castles that inspired Sleeping Beauty castle.
    Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria Germany.

Château de Chenonceau is another inspiration. (8/2 - Not Château d'Ussé as I stated earlier, thanks Hoop Raeb)

The $1200 waste paper basket. I almost felt bad putting trash in here.

They're all prepared for hosting with cups and glasses, just above the fridge.

We really liked these glasses and were hoping we'd be able to purchase at least one as a souvenir. Unfortunately though, they aren't available, and you couldn't even order them in the crystal shop down in New Orleans Square.

These paintings are on either side of the entrance.

As well as two night stands with these statues.

A view of the chandelier in the Parlor

And the giant rug in the parlor even has Hidden Mickeys around it.

Another Hidden Mickey in the carpet in red.

Next, we'll head over to the Frontierland inspired bedroom.

---------- Post added 07-27-2012 at 02:40 PM ----------

Just off the Parlor is the Frontierland bedroom. It's probably my favorite room in the whole suite. There is just so much detail here, it's amazing.

It is just so opulent

Original Disneyland Map by Peter Ellenshaw. This is what it looked like normally.

Walt wanted to see what the park might look like at night though. When you turned out the lights in the room, the map still glowed. You can even see the little lights in the parking lot outside Disneyland.

Jacob - When you turned out the lights to go to bed, this still glowed for 5 minutes or so. Eventually though, it completely faded and the room was dark.

A Cinderella Franklin stove.

The Chandelier in the bedroom. We were told it came from somewhere special, but I can't remember where. Overseas somewhere I think, and I vaguely remember the words Silver Spur. Not sure if that's correct or not.

When you press the Goodnight Kiss button, a train that looks like it's in a glass case suddenly comes to life and goes around the room. I tried a few videos of it, but it's difficult with the lighting to get everything in focus.

Spoiler

So, I took photos all around the room of each and every item the train passes on its journey.

The Frontierland bathroom was also quite nice.

While I was busy taking pictures, Theresa came running up to me to show me that even the toilet paper was embossed with the Dream Suite logo.

The Adventureland inspired bedroom is next!

• Joe Flowers

The Adventureland bedroom is just off the parlor to the left. It's the room Theresa and I stayed in.

Here's what happens when the Goodnight Kiss button is pressed.

Spoiler

When the Goodnight Kiss button is pressed, the painting above transforms into this. To me, one of the mermaids looks like it could be from another movie...

These are the items we were allowed to take as souvenirs from the Dream Suite. The pen in the photo above, plus a postcard. We gave the pen to Ruston, but he wanted us to have it. Jacob, Theresa and I decided we'd all share it equally, and it's currently at our house.

Next, we'll explore the amazing Master Bathroom in the Adventureland bedroom.

I have been a faithful Micechat reader for 5 years, and this is the best thread I have ever read. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. My daughter and I just sat here looking through all your pictures and videos and were so happy to get the chance to see it all with you.

Lisa

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

I havent been this jealous in my life!!!! however, BEST TRIP REPORT....EVER!!
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Every picture is more fantastic than the next. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing experience, I feel nothing but sheer happiness for you and your friends, congratulations and thank you so much for this!

Thank you so, so much for writing this report. This is by far the most magical and inspiring thread that I've read here on Micechat. As someone stated earlier, my first instinct is to feel bitter with jealously, but I can't possibly when you've gone through so much time and effort to be so generous in sharing your experience! I'm glad that the night went to a group that fully appreciated how special the privilege was. I almost feel like I've been in the Dream Suite myself. A+++

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    And we just sat on the deck, watching people walk by.
    That used to be one of my absolute favorite things to do at Disneyland. Oh well.

• Joe Flowers

One of the most amazing parts of the Dream Suite was the Master Bathroom.

The stained glass window in the back of the tub.

When you push the "Stars" button, magic starts happening.

As our hostess Chelle said. Sometimes when I gaze at the stars in here, I start to see constellations. And every once in a while, my imagination sees a very special constellation.

Spoiler

The Master shower

Double sinks

With very detailed faucets

Just off the bathroom is the powder room. It's the size of a small bedroom.

Looking out the window, you can see the stairs leading up to the suite.

Just to the right was the toilet.

Lots of butterflies and peacocks.

Lastly, we'll go look at the balcony, patio, plus the hallways in the suite.

• Sondheimian

Can this trip report be stickied or something? This has got to be the most detailed and most interesting trip report ever. If it's not getting stickied, I'm definitely putting the first page as a bookmark. I know I'll want to come back and read this again.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney

• And Dad was my hero.

Best trip report Evah!!!!

Thank you!

• Chief Troublemaker

Bump to the top. Please make this a sticky.

PS. OK I'll admit it. I put my laptop on the sink, turned out the lights, & played the master bath stars video at full screen over and over while taking a bath last night. A girl can dream, can't she? LOL
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Ruston, this obviously couldn't have happened to a nicer person, congratulations. And Joe, to take all this time and care to share this with us is magnificent. Thank you for giving me something I would never have in this lifetime. Simply magical. Deepest thanks!

• Mrs. J. Depp

What's interesting to me is that the Frontierland bedroom is more grand and opulent than the master bedroom. It's got the double doors and very fancy decor. From a design standpoint, I just find it odd that more detail would be paid to the guest bedroom. But the master bedroom surely got the nicer bathroom! The design details are so rich and beautiful!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast