Disney Hotel's - Cars Land Early Entry - How is it?

I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at one of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels recently and taken advantage of the Early Entry to Cars Land.

How early do people start lining up to get in? In the past they've done similar early entries for Hotel Guests to get World of Color FastPasses and to ride the Little Mermaid. In those cases people were lining up 20 minutes before they opened the Hotel Entrance. I'm guessing Cars Land is getting a bigger crowd.

How long is the wait for Radiator Springs Racers at 7 a.m.? The other rides?

Any other tips or suggestions on how to make the most of the Hotel Early entry?

Thanks!

• Minion

Re: Disney Hotel's - Cars Land Early Entry - How is it?

During our visit (which coincided with only one magic morning), we left the hotel room at the GCH around 7:00...do NOT use the GCH hotel entrance unless you're up earlyyyy. The line to get into the park stretched back to the lobby. We went to DCA's front entrance but that also had a monster line. We got in the park around 7:15 however.
    This is where it gets tricky. Get in the line for Fastpass...a cast member will tell you it's pointless but they start handing out the tickets before the official park opening so it's handy to be there as early as you can be! The wait for the ride at 7:15 said 45 minutes but took us about an hour (wife waited for FP's and met us later in line). If the line stretches down Route 66 dont worry, they haven't opened up all the switchbacks yet and the line will be manageable.
    Overall the early entry is a good deal but what I dislike is that anybody with a certain park hopper can also take advantage of it. Do the math--three full hotels, several park-hoppers with one magic morning privilege...it's too many people! I felt just a little jipped. Still take advantage of it though because those that really get the short-end of the stick are people who arrive at opening to find the early entry guests have already nabbed half the fastpasses for the day! Its worth waking up for, have a good time!!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Overall the early entry is a good deal but what I dislike is that anybody with a certain park hopper can also take advantage of it. Do the math--three full hotels, several park-hoppers with one magic morning privilege...it's too many people! I felt just a little jipped. Still take advantage of it though because those that really get the short-end of the stick are people who arrive at opening to find the early entry guests have already nabbed half the fastpasses for the day! Its worth waking up for, have a good time!!
    Thanks for the advice, Tyler. We'll be there in a month and hope to take advantage of the EMH and will enter from the main entrance.
    It does seem to put regular guests at a disadvantage, but will hopefully even out over time as that new car smell wears off.

One point of clarification, though. As I understand it, those multi-day park hopper guests only have early entry access to DL park, not DCA. The other group of guests that will mingle with the on-site hotel guests are the APers that pre-registered for their one early entry to the park during the summer...and that will only be on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

That said, I would imagine the best strategy would be to enter during EMH on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday if your trip allows.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by LacyBelle View Post
    One point of clarification, though. As I understand it, those multi-day park hopper guests only have early entry access to DL park, not DCA.
    Actually they get to choose which park to go to.

Tyler thanks for the info. Good to know the best plan is to go for the Fast Pass. Maybe we can try for the flying Tires before the masses arrive also.

Interesting both Tyler and AB Born say the Cars Land Early entry is for anyone with a Early Entry Park Hopper.

According to the Disneyland Website the only people who should have access to the DCA Early Entry are Resort Hotel Guests and AP's who registered for the Early Entry:

"Extra Magic Hour for Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests
    For this limited time, both theme parks will be open every day for Extra Magic Hour. After September 29, Extra Magic Hour will be available every day, during a hotel stay, according to this schedule: Disneyland Park on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and Disney California Adventure Park on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Applicable theme park, days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores, restaurants and appearances of characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

Magic Morning at Disneyland Park for Disneyland Resort Guests with Valid Ticket
    Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants and appearances of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Early Entry
    Each eligible Annual Passholder may register for one Annual Passholder Early Entry event at each park. Passholders must be at least 18 years old to register, but Passholder Guests of the registering Passholder may be any age. The registering Passholder and each registered Guest must have a valid Annual Passport at the time of registration and on the day of the event for park entry. Blockout tickets and non-Annual Passport admission media will not be accepted for theme park entry for the Annual Passholder Early Entry event. Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants and appearances of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions."

Early Admission Options | Disneyland Resort

• Minion

I may be wrong...but in addition to the hotel room we had bought 5 day park hoppers that said on them 'valid for one magic morning', and I didn't see it specify which park. It may very well only be for Disneyland and I just didn't read it right.

Either way expect lines of about an hour for RSR around 7:20-ish. From my understanding Luigis was very reasonable, maybe walk-on at this time, and Mater's gets down to 20 minute waits or less during the afternoon so I wouldn't worry too much about that one.

Im glad I could help!

• Resident of the Caldera

I don't think Magic Morning is the same as Extra Magic Hour (Early Entry).

On the main Disneyland thread I posted almost exactly the same question as the OP in this thread, so happy to hear some more responses!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I don't think Magic Morning is the same as Extra Magic Hour (Early Entry).

On the main Disneyland thread I posted almost exactly the same question as the OP in this thread, so happy to hear some more responses!
    It's the same thing. Now Hotel guests can pick either park for magic morning ( as posted above the entrance ) or early entry what ever you want to call it. Pass holder mm is subject to Diferance parks each day
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

I don't know why anyone would get FP first. We had the AP early entry last week. We arrived at the security check point at 6:30 walking in from Harbor. Once security opened up, we entered a roped off area where they scanned our AP and we got in line at any turnstyle gate. The turnstyles opened at 7 and we walked past the FP line, which was already long, and went straight to the ride. It was about a 30 min. wait but only because it took a while for the ride to start operating. Then we exited, and went into the single ride entrance and waited 10 minutes. After exiting, the park had opened, and the ride line was already 2 hours and single rider was 1 hour. It just seemed to me that if you go straight to the racers, you get on with less wait, but , of course you are waiting at the turnstyle for them to start letting you in.
    Gawrsh !!

• Resident of the Caldera

ghoofie, your strategy sounds interesting. How does getting on Luigi's Flying Tires fit into that scenario you've described?
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Rode Luigi after riding racers twice. It was about a 45 minute wait, but that included a short downtime to re-air all the tires, for some reason.
    Gawrsh !!