Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Disney is buying six flags MM"

I put the title in quotes to hopefully subdue some mice chatters from actually thinking I'm putting this out as a rumor...

my boyfriend dropped this gem on me last night. he said a few people at his work who are also very disneycentric (but don't read any fan site or official updates so are usually misinformed) told him they heard this was in the works. of course I laughed and told him it was crazy, but I did secretly check MC to make sure I didn't miss something.

heres the thing: in the context they were saying, it is hilariously never gonna happen. they were talking about Disney literally buying SFMM and either keeping all the rides and turning it Marvel, or clearing it all and starting fresh. obviously neither of these options make sense.

but I wanted to check with you guys, has anyone else heard any crazy rumors? is there some kind of Disney bail out that I missed? business wise I don't see the possibility, but what do I know. I thought my brother was joking when he told me Disney bought marvel.

• the rum is always gone

Re: "Disney is buying six flags MM"

There are always crazy rumors about MM. About 5 years ago (when the Six Flags corp was in the red) there was a rumor that spread faster than a CA wildfire saying that Six Flags was going to sell MM to a housing developer who was going to level the whole thing and build tract homes on the land.

Why would Disney pay a significant amount of money to buy an already built theme park when they have an empty parking lot that they can develop and make the park exactly how they want it?

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Yes I agree if they were to have another CA park it would be over the toystory lot
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• former CM

That would be like Paris (the city) merging with Detroit.
    It would be like Remy using fertilizer to cook with.
    It would be like Disney buying Hustler.

And now here's one you can do!:
    It would be like____picking____to be his running mate.
    (Just kidding--inappropriate forum for getting political.)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 07-27-2012 at 06:34 AM.

• Minion

Even if it were true, it's too far from the other parks. I selfishly say that this simply cannot happen.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

• Circle of Ancients

No way this is going to happen.

THE END.

• I'm a Lutheran

Well it'd be interesting to see what would happen if they did buy it. Then again, would that mean they'd get full ownership over all of the Six Flags parks? I'm not a big fan of the franchise and am curious if it is owned by own major company and would require an
    entire takeover by a company purchasing one of its parks.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Not related to MM, but I'd like to see Disney open an Animal Kingdom park somewhere between Anaheim and San Diego. I think it would be a great draw and allow them to tap further into a very strong San Diego and Hispanic market. Could develop an Animal Kingdom Lodge with it and possibly a water park as well.

This is definitely an instance where "I'll believe it when I see it" would apply.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I think Disney is planning on building a bunch of soundstages in Santa Clarita so maybe that's where the rumor is coming from?

It would be slightly more believable if you said Universal. But Disney? Puhleeze.

• Parking Lot > DCA

This thread is going to confuse a lot of folks.

Nonetheless, I don't see it happening. If it it were to ever happen, I could see it happening on the "hush hush" and Disney keeping it the way it is just as an extra money maker.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Logically it doesn't make a lot of sense for Disney to buy Six Flags parks, singly (Magic Mountain started out as an independent park) or the whole thing. Of course, they also said that in the 60's about Disney buying thousands of undeveloped and undevelopable swampy acres in the middle of NOWHERE in central Florida...

Six Flags Magic Mountain doesn't have the greatest reputation at the moment, they let their security slide for quite a while and they had some gang issues inside the park, and people tend to remember things like that. It would take a lot of work to get past that.

BUT it would give them a place they could quickly make All Marvel, All The Time and a healthy distance away from Disneyland Resort so they wouldn't have to get Mickey to show up. (Could do the change-over while remaining open, even.) Two great franchises that really need to stay at arm's length from each other, since Marvel is definitely NOT Kid Friendly, and not too good at other sensitivities either.

Hmm... This might actually make some strategic sense, and there's room for expansion there... Keep your ears open.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

To be fair.....Disneyland is of course still top dog but the new Q's for Lex Luther's and Green Lantern are I would say better then most of the Q's in DCA....I think they even beat Mermaid and Toy Story by strides because they so some sort of story telling before you get on the ride

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Logically it doesn't make a lot of sense for Disney to buy Six Flags parks, singly (Magic Mountain started out as an independent park) or the whole thing. Of course, they also said that in the 60's about Disney buying thousands of undeveloped and undevelopable swampy acres in the middle of NOWHERE in central Florida...

Six Flags Magic Mountain doesn't have the greatest reputation at the moment, they let their security slide for quite a while and they had some gang issues inside the park, and people tend to remember things like that. It would take a lot of work to get past that.

BUT it would give them a place they could quickly make All Marvel, All The Time and a healthy distance away from Disneyland Resort so they wouldn't have to get Mickey to show up. (Could do the change-over while remaining open, even.) Two great franchises that really need to stay at arm's length from each other, since Marvel is definitely NOT Kid Friendly, and not too good at other sensitivities either.

Hmm... This might actually make some strategic sense, and there's room for expansion there... Keep your ears open.

--<< Bruce >>--

That part makes sense to me. They have Marvel, and using SFMM to turn into a Marvel only park would work. Like you said... they could distance it from "Disney" itself, while devoting an entire part to the new franchise, which has a fan base that may or may not cross over with Disney per se.

Plus they would have the basic infrastructure already in place. They wouldn't have to build something from the ground up, they could instead take the money and refurbish and embellish the existing structure into what they want it to be. From a business standpoint, that would work.

But will it ever really happen? I actually seriously doubt it. I don't think theres a snowballs chance that this is even in the wind let alone an actual possibility, but stranger things have happened.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast