Talking DL Entertainment Experience?

Hi guys!

I have always planned once im done with high school, to go to school in California and work in the parks in the entertainment department as a furry character. I have heard soooo many stories of almost nobody making the entertainment department on their first try, so i have already had a job as a mascot at a local miniature golf, go kart place and i am the current mascot at my school, i just got back from attending a "UCA Mascot/Cheer Camp" where i took home basically all the highest honors of the mascot division (Took home the mascot spirit stick, Took home "Camp Champion" Trophy, Won the "Jump off", Got blue ribbons on all of my mascot evaluations, and i qualified as an "All-American Mascot" and i am to perform at the capital one bowl this year at WDW in a pre-show game)

But, all of this experience is more/less working toward Collage Mascotting, as well as professional sports teams mascotting, though it does talk about character building and being in character and such.

So now the actual question i have, is do you think all this "UCA-All-American Mascot Training" is helping me, and gives me something to put on a resume when auditioning for DL Entertainment, is this something a decent amount, if any DL furries have been through at all? Or what exactly is DL looking for in a furry Character?

Thanks So much!
    ~Hatter

Re: DL Entertainment Experience?

Bumping this!

• I am number 4 of 999

You could be the most awesome mascot in the world, if you aren't the exact height and weight they are looking for when they're looking for it, you're not going to get hired as a character. It's that simple.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Well i know height and size requirements are a big thing too, but once they have gotten past height and weight for characters i was wondering how much disney takes these kind of things into consideration?

Thanks!
    ~Hatter

Bumppp

• Minion

I've only ever auditioned for Disneyland Paris before but I can't imagine it being too different. They're not going to look at your resume until you pass the audition. They will only look at it if you get an interview, which would be after you have passed the audition. Also there is no way of knowing what they are looking for at a specfic audition, so like an above poster has mentioned, you may not pass the audition no matter how well you do in it.

To answer your question, yes it will help to have that on your resume, but it will be a very small part of what would get you the job. Being the right height/weight, having a good audition and interview are much more important then whats on your resume. Disney are much more interested in your audition then your resume, however it won't hurt at all to put it on.

are you going to be auditioning for the christmas fantasy parade? lol because i am.. they're in about 10 days, and I'm really excited but really nervous at the same time, being that i've honestly never auditioned for disney.
    unlike you guys tho, i dont have any experience to put on a resume! lol i would think that what counts the most is your audition tho, followed by the interview/good impression. can anyone please tell me what it was like to audition for one of these parts, like what are the auditions like and what do they have you do?
    ive been a dancer since i was young, and i currently perform for my college.. so while im studying, it's my biggest desire to work on the side as a performer.. for disney! lol

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    You could be the most awesome mascot in the world, if you aren't the exact height and weight they are looking for when they're looking for it, you're not going to get hired as a character. It's that simple.
    Definitely that simple. I auditioned for the Main Street Electrical Parade long ago. I made the cuts even though I had no experience in any entertainment, then "The Question" of how tall I was. I got no part and but as a replacement in case. It was fun beating out some more experienced fellows though.

Glad to know guys! Im about 5'8" right now, but im only 16 so i still have two more years of high school mascotting before i can look into disneyland entertainment, Glad i dont have to worry as much about being some over the top mascot, just as long as i can hit an audition pretty well and i happen to be what they are looking for at the time

Thank you guys!
    ~Hatter

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Im about 5'8" right now, but im only 16
    Oh. Uh, well... I would really rather not have to be the one to break it to you, but that's not a favored height...is that in shoes or barefoot?
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".