Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: Disney confirms new stage show for Fantasyland

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    do hope the characters are articulated.
    That's the rumor that I've heard from some good sources. Just have to wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    The problem with shows that are a mix of different movies is that Disney has to write an original script.... They are notorious for not remembering adults have to watch the shows too, and giving us the sappiest, corniest, thing they can come up with.
    You can really only give 95% of the people what entertains them 95% of the time. Every time I've seen the newsboys show so far, it looks like adults are enjoying it as well.

Heck, every time I saw Disney Dance Crew, the adults there were enjoying it.

With the announcement that Disneyland is (finally) bringing back the Fantasyland Theatre as it was intended for...a stage for classic live entertainment...in 2013, I can only hope they'll produce a stage show like, "Show Biz Is..." They need something simple, yet VERY entertaining to watch! Come on, Disney, give us back what the 80's used to give...a classic Disney character stage show that was FUN!

• Banned User

We had those in the 90s too.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    I hope the show is something like Animazement that showcases more than just one character story. I also hope it isn't remenents of shows from Magic Kingdom or Tokyo Disneyland, do hope the characters are articulated.
    talking characters look creepy and weird to me. I'd rather not. At least until the can make them look like the regular masks. The shaping is different and it throws off their faces.

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

I know Disney really loves the music of Princess and the Frog and I know that when they were developing themes for a new parade at DLR, Princess and the Frog was their top choice. So, with that being said, hopefully they'll consider adding a Princess and the Frog themed show in the PFF. I could see it working. And for those saying it wouldn't work because of the frogs, all I can say is: Little Mermaid the Musical, Finding Nemo the Musical, Lion King the Musical.

• Banned User

It would be strange for them to go back to Princess and the Frog, seeing as there was recently a show for it in New Orleans where it's better themed anyway.

• Heavy Breather

Maybe Tangled would fit FL better. But like many have said, I don't want Disney to try and be hip and "cool". With Disney trying that we got things like Tiki Room UNM at WDW, and post Even Stevens Disney Channel. I want to see a classic musical, something that parents and children can enjoy together.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Minion

I think a mulan show would be really nice, or maybe a fairytale that disney hasn't made into a movie?
    Last edited by imaginashton; 07-28-2012 at 03:59 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    I think a milan show would be really nice, or maybe a fairytale that disney hasn't made into a movie?
    That would confuse people, I think.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    maybe a fairytale that disney hasn't made into a movie?
    I think that is a great idea. That would be a character that can be unique to Disneyland like Figment is to EPCOT.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

I wish that they'd address the area between the theater and Small World. Its just a vast/tree-less cement area. I wish they'd put some planters or brickwork etc in that area. It really needs it. Its just way to barren.

• Suspended

I heard rumors that the Beauty and the Beast show at Disney's Hollywood Studios is set to be replaced once the new Fantasyland expansion opens since it would be redundant to have Beauty and the Beast represented in two parks. It was meant to be a temporary show there but it has lasted much longer than intended. Rumor has it that a Tangled show is in development for there so I can only guess that Disneyland will copy what WDW is getting as to save money. In the 90s Disneyland always got the shows WDW had and they developed 2 copies of the show so it would be cheaper than developing something entirely new for Disneyland. I am betting on a Tangled musical.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They will probably give it some kind of a remodel before any show goes in, so what it is capable of hosting now may be totally different by the time it opens.
    Very true...can't imagine they'd do a complete overhaul of the area though. They'd have to build pretty up high for fly space to hide whatever is there when it's up, but the stage and backstage area seems to me to be quite malleable.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    In the 90s Disneyland always got the shows WDW had and they developed 2 copies of the show so it would be cheaper than developing something entirely new for Disneyland. I am betting on a Tangled musical.

I would be more inclined to assume that it's the other way around. If Disneyland wasn't getting a new show, I am sure WDW would be content to leave Beauty and the Beast alone.

That seems to be WDW's way of getting new entertainment: duplicate Disneyland's or wait for DL to be finished with something and then ship it over to WDW.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think that is a great idea. That would be a character that can be unique to Disneyland like Figment is to EPCOT.
    Thing is shows move on.....so why create a symbol for a show that will be around for maybe 5 years?

I think the reason Disney many times does shows based off movies is...well because people want to see there favorite movies come to life

Look at Aladdin it's been around for years and people still go see it and it's based off a movie...is that a bad thing? Are they doing it to sell a product? To me if they can make a Tangled show I'd rather see that over something new because unless they can really make some new great songs (like Fantasmic's melody) then I'd rather not risk something like Toy Story the Musical type sounds coming to the resort

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast