Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Disney confirms new stage show for Fantasyland

Tangled would be a perfect fit for the FL. I'd prefer then rename it to Rapunzel but that's just me still being bitter that they changed the name in the first place.

Either way, that's going to be a lot less crowding in the parks with this new area open and not used to meet and greets. That's always good news.

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

I'd even be satisfied with the show that was there before. We always enjoyed it.

Fluffy Club Member

• Banned User

I wouldn't mind a Tangled show, actually. It was my favorite movie, but it would be a good fit.

I am pro any show with a movie tie in, I know most folks want original but not me. Keep everything movie related Haha just MHO.

I would really like some sort of medly or variety show with many different characters. Preferably characters or movies that are otherwise not represented in the parks.

But really ill be excited to see whatever they put in.

• Minion

ORWEN: I'm keeping my broomsticks crossed for a Rapunzel stage show (I refuse to call it 'tangled' by the way--that's such a lame title.) Us Cauldron girls have a good cast member friend in Florida who says he's been hearing that the Beauty & the Beast Stage show at DHS will be replaced as soon as the new Fantasyland expansion is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    I heard rumors that the Beauty and the Beast show at Disney's Hollywood Studios is set to be replaced once the new Fantasyland expansion opens since it would be redundant to have Beauty and the Beast represented in two parks. It was meant to be a temporary show there but it has lasted much longer than intended. Rumor has it that a Tangled show is in development for there so I can only guess that Disneyland will copy what WDW is getting as to save money. In the 90s Disneyland always got the shows WDW had and they developed 2 copies of the show so it would be cheaper than developing something entirely new for Disneyland. I am betting on a Tangled musical.
    Hmm, I don't really buy the whole "redundant" thing. There are many films that are represented in multiple parks at WDW and they've never removed any for being "redundant". When New Fantasyland opens, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid will be represented in Magic Kingdom; both currently have shows in DHS. Toy Story is represented in both MK and DHS, with Buzz Lighter's Space Ranger Spin and Toy Story Midway Mania. They're about to open an attraction at DHS devoted to the POTC movies, and you know there's the classic POTC ride in Magic Kingdom. There's a Festival of the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom, and there's also a Lion King attraction about the environment at Epcot. There's also a Finding Nemo musical at Animal Kingdom, and The Seas With Nemo & Friends at Epcot.

Long story short, I don't think the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS is going anywhere soon.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    I noticed that too, Everytime new pictures arise there doesn't seem to be much change...all they seemed to have done was strip one building of its paint and taken off the canopy of the dance floor.

I wouldn't mind seeing a show based on the older Fab 5 shorts, I miss those cartoons
    Well, it's just like the Carnation Cafe redo. For weeks there were constant photo updates that never seemed to change.

• Minion

ORGOCH: It's the same way whenever my big, fat sister--Orwen--says she's cleaned the house! Ya cain't tell she's lifted one fat finger ta do nothin'! Matter a fact, the place looks even messier AFTER she says she's cleaned!

ORWEN: Well, maybe if a certain nasty old biddy would help out for a change instead of always criticizing me things would be different. I'm so tired of having to pick up your disgusting toe nail clipping from off the floor all the time! Can't you bite your toenails outside????

• Banned User

have the stage shows in parks ever directly copied each other? I though they were always at least tweaked a little bit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234