• ...TWO BITS!

My "Stitch's Great Escape" and DLR's TL improvements

This is what I would do to the current "Stitch's Great Escape" in WDW. Also, I would put my idea in DLR's Tomorrowland where Redd Rockett's Pizza Port is. From what I understand, this is where "Rocket to the Moon", "Flight to the Moon", and "Mission to Mars" was. I'd change Club Buzz into Pizza Planet and probably put the Moonliner rocket on top of the Tomorrowland stage.

Okay, so to start off I would call the new attraction either "Lilo & Stitch: Alien Encounters", "Alien Encounters: Stitch to the Rescue", or "Stitch's Alien Encounters". Please keep in mind that some of these ideas could still be changed. I'm not locking down any of these ideas. But I think it's the better than what is currently playing now. I haven't seen the TV show all that often, but this is based on what I know. I haven't actually been on the attraction either. I want to include Stitch, Lilo, Nani, David, Councilwoman, Bubbles, Jumba, and Pleakly. But I haven't completely worked that out yet. Maybe readers can help out.

PRESHOW: Guests wait to tour the United Galatic Federation. They think they are teleporting to UGF but are rerouted to Dr. Jumba's old secret genetic experimentation lab (similar to Star Trek: The Experience's teleportation). In the 2nd preshow, a the robotic lab assissant to Dr. Jumba talks to guests about the interplantary teleportation device. Maybe explaining how they got on to Dr. Jumba's old secret genetic experimentation lab. They are part of Jumba's "assisants".

SHOW: The room will look similar to the current show room from "Stitch's Great Escape". Guests take their seats. Jumba is secretly doing more experiments. He is in the safety zone (perhaps Earth) away from us. He communicates with guests via video monitors. But now using people as guinea pigs. When Lilo and Stitch try to stop the madness, Jumba pushes a button that releases some of Jumba's experiments on the the audience. The doctor wanted to see what kind of destructive powers his creations can do. The AA experiments can be seen behind and above guests along the perimeter of the circular theater. I remember there being an electric experiment. That could vibrate the seats and turn off the lights for a while. Enough time for another experiment to bounce on guests (using the harness). The emergency lights turn on. An experiment creates a bad smell. The guns in the movie that hang on the ceiling are trying to zap the experiments. Water from the cannons spray on guests. An experiment tickles people's legs. A hot breath is felt on everybody's necks. Another experiment plays with people's hair. Stitch teleports himself to the center teleporter and gets all the experiments and teleport them back to Jumba. Jumba is about to blow them up. But Lilo talks about ohana. So Jumb dehydrates them all. This is something suggested from the TV show. Everything is okay now. A guests return to the parks. I haven't been on the attraction in WDW, so I don't know how the effects are.

I know this can be tweaked a little more. And with a good dialouge and humor, this good be good. There won't be too much darkness. There will be more to see. The harness will be more gentle and won't kill shoulders and backs. The seats will be more comfortable. I think there's more story to this than "Stitch's Great Escape".

What do you guys think? Post some inputs, comments, suggestions, anything.

Further Tomorrowland improvements:

Change the first floor of Innoventions to a spinning theater for a show about energy. It will be a mix of Ellen's Energy Adventure from EPCOT, Timekeepr from WDW's TL, and a little Circle of Life from EPCOT. It will be called either "World of Energy with Timekeeper", "Universe of Energy with Timekeeper", or "Timekeeper's Energy Adventure".

The second floor of Innoventions could be Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment from EPCOT. Use the exit ramp and balcony for that ride's entry/exit/queue.

Turn Starcade's 1st floor and part of Star Trader for a condensed version of Innoventions. Tom Morrow can sing his song everytime before the ASIMO show starts. And VMK will be there too.

Turn Starcade's 2nd floor (and maybe whatever is above Star Trader) into What If Labs from EPCOT but rename it Imageworks.

Merchandise for Autopia share the same space as the Buzz Lightyear ride shop.
    Merchandise for Star Trader share the same space for Imageworks products.

Possibly put Innoventions' Tree of Knowledge in the center of Cosmic Waves.

Put a Leave A Legacy infront of TL like they have at EPCOT. Put some of the fountains from the Imagination Pavilon in there too. Put that Cosmic Wave's big rolling ball in the front as well.

Return Astro Orbitor to it's platform. But instead of rockets, retheme it to flying (solar) cars. Elevators will return to board the exit the ride.

Reroute Autopia to run from it's current location to run the tracks of Peoplemover/Rocket Rods. The track will be 2 levels. One track goes on way, the other goes the opposite direction. At the un/loading, the cars split into different loading areas (like Indiana Jones, Big Thunder, Small World). AND ALL CARS WILL BE ELECTRIC POWERED. From the loading station, cars run up and make circles on ramps to the Peoplemove tracks.

A new pathway is made under the Autopia overpasses. It's between Autopia station and TL trainstation. It will lead to Journey to the Center of the Earth. Probably a condensed version of Tokyo DisneySea's. The ride's dip faces Southeast towards the Submarine Lagoon. The Submarine and JTTCOTE's exit will meet in one place under the volcano. It will have an aquaruim of sea creatures. Mostly from Finding Nemo. Submarines enter their station empty and ready for more guests. A gift shop is down there of course. The restaurant will be in the Motor Boat Cruise area North of the Submarine Lagoon (underground). Guests walk above the restaurant as a new path that goes under the volcano and to TL's trainstation/Autopia. Monorail tracks will be rerouted so they don't make the "S" curve anymore above Motor Boat Cruise. JTTCOTE will have futuristic technology look to it instead of the Victorian look.

To the north of JTTCOTE's underground restaurant will be a couple new Fantasyland rides and new restaurant. Including my idea for a Little Mermaid dark/aquatopia ride.

Or something else new can take up JTTCOTE's place.

So, what do you think?
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-03-2006 at 06:59 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: My "Stitch's Great Escape" and DLR's TL improvements

As for your Stitch idea, while it sounds pretty cool, I'd probably appreciate something that wasn't cloned from WDW, especially something considered to be a bad idea. I think there is another way to make use of the Alien Encounter idea without being too scary or being to awful. However, I applaud how creative the idea itself is. The only thing I didn't like about it was the idea that between two parts of the preshow, you were teleported (it would require being teleported back at the end via the exit). Also, too much light ruins the idea that the aliens/experiments really are LOOSE. In my opinion, the only way to do that is via total darkness (I don't care how scary it is, if the idea is to be done correctly, it's pretty much the only way).

Your Timekeeper/Ellen's Energy Adventure/Circle of Life idea intrigues me...I'd be interested in finding more out about it.

As for your JIYI idea for the second story, I can't see it working. I don't think there's enough room to give it even half an effort.

I am all for a version of Imageworks to be put into Tomorrowland somewhere, but the future aspect has to be cranked up a lot. I balk at the idea of moving Innoventions somewhere besides the theater, especially to the Starcade (I have an arcade love, so what?).

I also like your shop combining idea. While it is true that some rides deserve their own gift shops, too many seem to be too close together.

I would prefer the Leave a Legacy thing stay in EPCOT. As for the fountains and Cosmic Waves ball, I would say only if the area couldn't get something better.

I'm all for Astro Orbitor going back up top, but I'm not sure about flying cars.

I'm also intrigued by your Autopia onto the People Mover track. I'd always love for the People Mover to make a return, but this works too. However, at that point, I feel the track would need to be enclosed by tubes of some sort.

Although it looks impressive from what I've seen, I don't think there is room, even for a condensed version of JTTCOTE to fit in there. And if there is, I'd rather see something original personally.

All in all, some pretty cool ideas you have going on here, but the one thing I notice and balk at is that most, if not all of the actual additions (note: not moving of current things) seem to be transplants or combinations of ideas from other parks. While this in itself isn't necessarily bad, I'd actually prefer to see Tomorrowland in Disneyland get its own identity if it is going to be fixed. I was also surprised you weren't going to do anything about HISTA (unless I skipped it).
    Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 01-03-2006 at 07:14 PM.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Oh yeah. How in the world did I miss replacing HISTA!! Don't worry I forgot to post that. I agree, TL needs original stuff. But I figured using examples from other places would have people understand a bit more. If that made any sense. And I agree, I think the teleporting guests is a bit much. I don't want there there now. I would also get rid of the rock formation at the entrance. I wasn't sure about the size of Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment and JTTCOTE. I've never been on the latest and only been on the former once. Saying that, maybe put Innoventions in both levels of Starcade. And perhaps an Imageworks in the 2nd floor of the current Innoventions. I don't know what to put in there for now.

NOW, for HISTA. I posted this in another thread, I forgot where. Have this 4D theater be inspired by TRON. Guests are visiting EnCom and given safety visors (3D glasses). While in the waiting/ preshow room, you are "zapped" into the Electronic World. The theater is blacklit to review colored circuit lines like from the movie. It's all over the theater. When people are seated, the blacklit dims. The "laser wave" created in Disney MGM's The Little Mermaid show is used like a virtual prison for this attraciton. Guests are taken through the same challenges from the film and some new ones made just for the attraction. Rebels try to get people out into the Real World and away from the Master Computer Program (MCP). The theater floor left over from HISTA could be used. If something in the screen uses a laser, a real laser from the back and sides of the theater points at the screen to make it look like its coming out of the screen. The rebels get away from MCP and transport guests back to the Real World.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

How about instead of a new SGE in TL, use the technology for JTTCOTE for a new Stitch attraction? But somehow AVOIDING THE SPACE TRAVEL/STATION THEME.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

I had this idea too, forgot to post it. Of course none of you are going to respond...

Get rid of Astro-Orbitor from the TL entrance. Put a "Stitch's Space Cruiser" or "Stitch's Hovercraft" on top of the Peoplemover platform. These flying vehicles are designed like the Police cruisers in the film's opening sequence. At the end of the movie, Jumba builds Lilo and yellow one and builds Stitch a red one. I think it's red. Anyway, guests ride the yellow and blue ones to circle around TL. Stitch is in alien form with his alien costume in the middle riding a red cruiser. It could be a simple figure of him. He goes up and down and left and right with guests. The vehicle could also blow puffs of white smoke down so it really looks like he's flying. But he can only go from launch level to the middle level of where guests can fly. This way people can fly over Stitch. You also get the usual music from the movie and comments from Stitch to fly with him.

Keep the Astro Orbitor's space sculpture where it is. Make the base a tripod. Underneath the sculpture, have the big moving rock ball from Cosmic Waves.

LET'S RIDE!:
    http://www.jfast1.net/~oto/lilo-stit...pacecruser.gif

http://www.disneymobile.de/mobile_re...21p000t005.gif

http://www.thisisbradford.co.uk/brad...ilo_stitch.jpg

Adventureland's Aladdin Oasis can be themed to "Lilo & Stitch: Rockin' Hawaiian Hula". It will be Tahitian Terrace with the movie overlay. But it will be more focused on TT than L&S. We gotta have Elvis music, of course. With the usually Hawaiian and Hula flare. OPTIONAL: Nani is a dancer and David does his fire tricks. Timon & Pumbaa make an appearance from Africa. Mowgli & Baloo & King Louie make an appearance from India. Tarzan & Jane & Terk can visit, too. L&S come out once in a while as MCs and do Meet n Greets along with the other Disney characters. M&G doesnt have to be at the theater. Could be spread around AL and at different times.

TAHITIAN TERRACE: http://yesterland.com/tahitianterrace.html

http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/altt.jpg
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-05-2006 at 03:56 PM.

-Jurassic Park

• Minion FOREVER!

Hey, that's a lot to digest, filmfreak!

Ok here's quick responses...
    * ok on the Stich's Great Escape. But it's pretty close to what's there now (w/ a much
    better pre-show). I would work on the blaster effects which are currently quite
    lame. But IMHO your show is better. Would add a scene w/ the experiment that
    causes earthquakes. The evaporation scene could be problematic though.
    * Nice use of CoP building. More thematically correct than CoP or Am Sings.
    * Good use of Starcade as well although I would rather see something new than
    EPCOT stuff.
    * IMHO, autopia needs to be themed to TL. Maybe hovercraft (or seemingly so).
    It should be semi-free moving using TDL Pooh technology.
    * No "Legacy" please... :-)
    * Bring back some enhanced People Mover.
    * Like the conjunction between Subs and your JTTCOTE
    * AstroOrbiter idea: I thought Disney's already thinking about doing this?
    * TRON show replacing HISTA would be great for me, but w/o another TRON
    movie to re-introduce the concept probably can't do well.
    * Having TT be Stitch themed is good by itself, but IMHO it's too much "Stitch"
    in DL. BTW. nice concept though...

Just my two cents!

• ...TWO BITS!

^ thanks. Disney was considering the Astro Orbitor idea? I know there's a lot of EPCOT in here, but it's just a temporary thing until I can think of something better. If my autopia doesn't work out, get a new Incredibles-inspired PeopleMover and have the exit/entrance/queue on the 2nd floor of the current Innoventions building. Extend the track so it goes inside for un/loading.

-Jurassic Park

Well, I never got to see Alien Encounter at Walt Disney World as both times I was there it was closed. I hear that Stitch's Great Escape is "cute" but I think there should be at least one ride/attraction where kids should refrain from riding due to overly frightful scenes; at least one attraction where it really is focused on adults rather than a family attraction like everything else is.

I would rather see the Carousel Theatre turned back to an actual theatre. They could still have an Innoventions where Guests sit down and see six different show scenes about the world of today and tomorrow. I do like the energy idea though. I haven't seen the Ellen one, but the original show was cool. But it would be great if the Carousel Theatre featured a little mini Epcot where each different stage shows the Marine world, Communications, motion, land, life through space, land and water; energy, physical education and imagination.

When riding Autopia, it seems we're only taveling on surface streets. Well, what about highways, freeways? More tunnels would be great, longer ones too.
    Last edited by DLResident; 01-05-2006 at 06:57 PM.

• ...TWO BITS!

DLResident,

I agree to your first thought.

Your second thought I had the same exact idea. But I figured if people don't want to see Innoventions now, might as well just condense that idea and put it in Starcade. But it's still a good thought.

The thought on Autopia, that's why I kind of figured why not have the ride's track be the PeopleMover track. There's plenty of feeling more freeway/highway and tunnels. Tunnels could be themed to the attraction building it is in or something else. Not only did I have the idea of keeping the current Autopia station, but the station could still work on the 2nd floor of Innoventions. Extend teh track inside a sit to un/load, queue and exit could run up the Innoventions exit and into the building. I'm sure there's enough space up there to store and fix the electric cars as well. Maybe theme the queue like a futuristic car dealership where you can test drive electric vehicles of tomorrow. And incase you missed it, I would have the track alongside the Monorail station run straight into the Innoventions building.

If there will be a PeopleMover 2.0 inspired by the Incredibles, call it the "IncrediPods" or "iPods"! No, wait...

-Jurassic Park

I like the addition of a new ride/attraction for DLR's Tomorrowland, being the Alien Encounter, however I think that you can't have too many rides based on one movie (I know there already is with Alice in Fantasyland at DL, Pooh in Fantasyland at WDW, etc) but I like adding the color to astor orbitor cars, almost like the one in Hong Kong, which they could import it being blue but having colors....Tron would be good, as there are lots of people that don't understand how HISTA was based on Honey I shrunk series. The Incredipod idea was touched of in the idea of the little red pods in this post: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15372
    and they looked like this, and they wanted an Incredibles theme

Anything to replace the now aging and boring Innoventions...
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 01-05-2006 at 10:45 PM.

• ...TWO BITS!

WHOA! I hade no idea this post was around. THanks. THe pics look amazing. That would be really cool to have in TL.

I keep forgetting to post this. This could look cool dancing with ASIMO. Or these could be used for a Small World 2.0.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2682962

-Jurassic Park