Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haunted Mansion

• Non-Minion

Re: Haunted Mansion

1) why do I love the HM?

I love it because of the lavish set-piece that it is. The theming and attention to detail are top-notch. I also love it because it terrified me as a kid and I am obssesed with being scared to a certain point and there are still aspects of the ride that kind of creep me out.

One of the other reasons that I love it was because it was a time when Disney didn't shy away from the dark and grim. Just like making a ride about Pirates, Disneyland took something scary and of the occult and put their own fun little spin on it. You really don't see a lot of rides to that caliber anymore.

2) I would have to agree with another poster and go with the attic scene, it used to be one of the creepiest part of the ride for me. Now it's just laughable and more tongue-and-cheek then it is scary...
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Heavy Breather

I love the Haunted Mansion because it is just perfect. Paul Frees' narration, atmosphere, music, everything is perfect. This and Pirates are the high points of imagineering.

If there was anything I would change, I would sslap some duct tape on that attic bride and shut her up. She must be silent again, those wedding puns are painful. Just the heartbeat with the Hatbox Ghost across the track from her.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    AND NOT people reciting the spiel as loudly as they can
    I'm one of those people as well.

love it because it's theming is crazy good... so many little details you can notice each time through... also I love how the attraction really starts once you're in the building, and not just once you get in the vehicle

one thing I'd change about it is maybe upgrade the theming in the loading area (always seemed incomplete to me when the rest of the ride is so detailed)

I love the entire ride. Everything about it. Its nice and slow so you can rest your feet but fast enough where the wait line goes quickly.
    Now if there was something i would change, it would be the qeue area. They could build up the ride abit better by making it interactive maybe. Maybe some animatronics or moving props. Maybe have some projected ghost flying up out of there grave headstones and then flying up above everyone. The night time theme outside could get creatively creepy and fun!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Fix up the loading area by getting rid of the black backdrop behind the buggies and decorating that area to look like it's part of a mansion.
    100% Agree.

I've been on the Phantom Manor several times in Paris, and the entrance part of the queue there looks much better, and like it is part of the mansion.

---------- Post added 07-30-2012 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slappypunk View Post
    I would also love to see the Hatbox Ghost make an appearance in this ride as well.
    Ask and you shall receive, the Hatbox Ghost is going to play a prominent role in Guillermo del Torro's HM reboot, and he's big time mansion fan . . .

---------- Post added 07-30-2012 at 07:45 PM ----------
    Last edited by chesirecat; 07-30-2012 at 11:46 AM.

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    100% Agree.

I've been on the Phantom Manor several times in Paris, and the entrance part of the queue there looks much better, and like it is part of the mansion.

---------- Post added 07-30-2012 at 07:32 PM ----------

Ask and you shall receive, the Hatbox Ghost is going to play a prominent role in Guillermo del Torro's HM reboot, and he's big time mansion fan . . .

---------- Post added 07-30-2012 at 07:45 PM ----------
    So what you're saying is to ask a CM about the Hatbox Ghost?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Slappypunk View Post
    So what you're saying is to ask a CM about the Hatbox Ghost?
    I'm saying that a very non-Eddie Murphuryzed Haunted Mansion reboot film will involve developing a backstory, and even major plot twists, centered on the HBG.

Old Hatty has become something of a legend among HM aficionados, a legend, a quasi-myth among those not in the know . . . certainly his fame has eclipsed whatever would had happened had they got the special effects right in the first place. Like a real life ghost, he is discussed, imagined, and beguiles even though he does not exist! Should del Torro's take on ole Hatty come to fruition, he might even scare like ghosts of yester year have.

You could certainly do a lot with the character. For example, say Hatty was a real life hat maker back in ole' London. His bride to be discovers that he has been cheating on him and has his head cut-off. Only . . . Hatty didn't do the deed, he's completely innocent, yet doomed to walk the earth with his head appearing, and reappearing in the same hatbox that his bride to be used to deposit his head in the Thames. She was, of course, executed for her hand in the crime, and perhaps these two ghosts are mortal, er . . . immortal enemies! Only able to pass to the region beyond when both have made their peace with each other . . .

She's developed a taste for blood, and as a ghost constantly tries to lure and kill young men, while poor old Hatty tries to warn foolish mortals of her true nature, a difficult task given that his head has a mind of its own . . .

• Blew By You

Haunted Mansion is a beautiful attraction, full of paranormal activities, great music, and spiritual energies. It still is an E-Ticket attraction.
    No changes. Just keep it maintained well.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Eddie Murphy needs to be added in to be totally complete.
    That and replace the theme song with Ray Parker Jr's Ghostbusters theme.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Lot's of posters pretty much summed it up.

One thing I personally love is the facade. It's one if not the best in the resort because it looks exactly as it should, a haunted mansion. It looks like an older house that happens to be set NOS and near the RoA. It's perfect and as a kid (as well as millions of others since it opened) I really thought everything in the attraction was contained in this 3 story(?) antebellum mansion.

I love the immersion and full-on theme of the mansion and it has become my favorite ride at the resort!

I would love to see them take the bride back a notch and take away her dialogue. Get the heart beat bride back in there and get it back to being spooky!! I would also like to see the Hat Box Ghost in the mansion.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

1) I love the look of the Haunted Mansion. It looks so pristine and inviting on the outside, one wouldn't even think twice that it was a haunted mansion if it were in a real town. Its almost metaphorically like the devil. It lures you in looking innocent and inviting, somewhere you'd think nothing bad would ever happen, once it has you then you realize the error of your mistake. I think I remember reading about it in an article here about comparing WDW and DLR. I haven't really noticed this theory of the ride till it was mentioned in that article.

I would like it to become a little more scarier, at least for halloween. I love the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay but I'd like to see a scarier version of the Haunted Mansion at DLR.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    Eddie Murphy needs to be added in to be totally complete. Possibly Jack Sparrow.......

Plus it needs mermaids

• The Pumpkin King

I love it becaus of the music, theming, the structor, and the ride itself. Plus I like paranormal things.

I would agreww with other people here about the attic scene. Also bring back the previous bride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast