Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haunted Mansion

Re: Haunted Mansion

Okay, I have to say that I would like to see the Nightmare overlay go away forever (preferably - give it its own ride if you must), or at least be reduced in its length to only only 1-2 months, maybe opening on Thanksgiving weekend and ending in January. It has nothing to do with the Haunted Mansion, and completely ruins the theme.

The Haunted Mansion remains one of my favorite attractions, but I agree that that attic section needs a serious overhaul. The lenticular beheading effect portraits are ineffective and the "new" bride already feels dated, whereas the previous haunts me still.

After having ridden the WDW version, I would also love to see some incorporation of the Escher-like stair room implemented, if physically possible. That was a great example of modern technology married with classic design.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Okay, I have to say that I would like to see the Nightmare overlay go away forever (preferably - give it its own ride if you must), or at least be reduced in its length to only only 1-2 months, maybe opening on Thanksgiving weekend and ending in January. It has nothing to do with the Haunted Mansion, and completely ruins the theme.
    They keep it open from Oct-Jan because of The Nightmare before christmas has both Halloween AND Christmas in it. November is in the middle of both October and December. It would be dumb to put it up, then take it down for november, then out it up again for december, then take it down again. So they just keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    They keep it open from Oct-Jan because of The Nightmare before christmas has both Halloween AND Christmas in it. November is in the middle of both October and December. It would be dumb to put it up, then take it down for november, then out it up again for december, then take it down again. So they just keep it up.
    I think it's dumb to put a silly overlay that has nothing to do with the Haunted Mansion ride in the park's one scary, haunted ride for the month of October, and the spooky halloween holiday season.

Just because the movie talks about Halloween doesn't mean they have to have the overlay up for the month preceding it. That's like saying that the overlay should be kept up through April just because they mentioned the Easter Bunny. (which of course I don't think it does - Thank Goodness!!!)

Just don't put it up until November, and give us fans of the HM the first opportunity *in years* to actual enjoy the ride during the Halloween season which should be its starring season!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Perhaps not just December, but also part of November. It would be a IASW Holiday kind of deal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123