Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    552
    This attraction could work in CA adventure too but I prefer it to be in DL.

  2. #17

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    This attraction could work in CA adventure too but I prefer it to be in DL.
    I perfer it in TokyoSea

    I dunno Journey is neat but it's the icon for TokyoSea it seems like cloning the futuresphere if you ask me

    I dunno

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    552
    That is another view..Then we need to come up with a thrill ride for Tomorrowland..any ideas?

  4. #19

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    134
    I'm hearing rumors that WDW will be getting this attraction sometime in the futrue! I like the idea of having a ride like that in DCA as well.

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    552
    Yes This is a great attraction and belongs in one of the California theme parks.

  6. #21

    • șoș Tom șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Carlsbad
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I perfer it in TokyoSea

    I dunno Journey is neat but it's the icon for TokyoSea it seems like cloning the futuresphere if you ask me

    I dunno
    I disagree with this notion. Many of us who are real fans may travel to Florida and possibly Paris, but Toyko is daunting for most Westerns. The price and cost involved in a trip there is enormous. Trust me I looked into because my best friend is teaching English over there.

    That said, why not clone this one? Sure ya wanna re-work it for DCA I guess. I would prefer to see the original ride transplanted simply because I am a fan of Julies Verne and less of the ride technology.







  7. #22

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634
    Since they got rid of the victorian theme of the "New Tommorowland" Journey to the center of the earth would no longer work there. However in Frontierland...

  8. #23

    • Disney Prince
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    296
    Maybe they could bring all of Mysterious Island to DL?

  9. #24

    • Disneyland and TDR fan!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    226
    From what I heard and read people are saying that JTCOTE is like the failed Rocket Rods that we had in TL. Well let's not copy what they have in Japan I think we should have a different "theme" but with the use of the same technology.

  10. #25

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I disagree with this notion. Many of us who are real fans may travel to Florida and possibly Paris, but Toyko is daunting for most Westerns. The price and cost involved in a trip there is enormous. Trust me I looked into because my best friend is teaching English over there.

    That said, why not clone this one? Sure ya wanna re-work it for DCA I guess. I would prefer to see the original ride transplanted simply because I am a fan of Julies Verne and less of the ride technology.
    Tokyo is more manigable then people thing I've heard. Admitedly as much as I'd like to make it to TokyoSea I probably won't for a very long time

    however looking at the mountain you have to realize that it is the artistic focal point for the whole park. you are NEVER going to have the same effect in Disneyland it's scale is just all wrong. It would have to be built mostly underground and I can see alot of the outter detail being removed to make it fit into the park

    you wouldn't be able to circle it in all liklyhood and it would sit right ontop of the Berm. It just doesn't work artisticaly to take a focal point and throw it into a corner like that if you ask me


    as far as retheming it for DCA goes I'm not a fan of the earthquake ride idea though it is "alright" I suppose. The ride system may go into DCA but I'd perfer new track and new showscenes not an "earthquake overlay"

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    as far as retheming it for DCA goes I'm not a fan of the earthquake ride idea though it is "alright" I suppose. The ride system may go into DCA but I'd perfer new track and new showscenes not an "earthquake overlay"
    I rode the Earthquake this morning. fun stuff to be woken up by your house moving.

  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Roy, Utah, United States
    Posts
    107
    why dont they put journey to the center of the earth next to the subs. i remember the boat cruise area being quite large and it should fit an atraction of this magnatude. then you call the subs mattahorn and journey to the center of the earth a new land, since subs has nothing to do with tommarow and the mattahorn has little to do with fantasy. plus it would be awsome to drive the atopia cars through long dark tunnels in some spots. the area could be called exploration counrty.

  13. #28

    • The one, the only...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    2,846

    Torrowland it should be

    I think it is a good idea, but I would change two things. I would drop the Jules Verne connection and add a "winnie" as Walt used to call it. There needs to be a draw to the story of the attraction. Something you are looking for or are scared you might find. Maybe some strange monster. Maybe some explosion or catastrophy.

    Tomorrowland needs some help nowadays! This is a great idea that can fit in the future.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan
    .................................

    Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

  14. #29

    • Im Mrs Americain Dream
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    C Spot
    Posts
    1,871
    I Agree change the theme a bit use same technoligy and put it where the boats used to be and give it a new name It whould totaly work.. thats jus my option though

  15. #30

    • With my wife....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ... in paradise!
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by felixthequick
    i remember the boat cruise area being quite large and it should fit an atraction of this magnatude.
    Yep, the refurb walls are already up, and the water has all been drained. Rumor has it that they'll be installing a "kiddie playland" area. :confused:

    There goes my hope of having the motorboat cruise brought back. Man, I miss that ride.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

    --Walt Disney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Journey to the Center of the Earth at DAK?
    By mark in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
  2. 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 09:18 AM
  3. Journey to the Center of the Earth Music
    By Treat in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 02:46 AM
  4. Journey to the Center of the Earth
    By TDR_Fan in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 06:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •