Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Some things that are a must buy?

Well since you are asking for your friends and family it really depends on what they would like. I love the chocolate covered popcorn, but the have other flavors that would be nice for the foody gift, or I have a Mickey Rubber Spatula which is nice for anyone who cooks and loves Disney.

Tee shirts are always a good option. I did matching shirts for my grandsons, they were different ages so kind of cute to see big and small.

Magnets are an inexpensive gift as well as pins or some of the jewelry (earrings, pendants, charms, etc). They also sell Christmas ornaments which are pretty cool, someone might enjoy that.

I personally go to the Disney gallery and order a print. When the print arrives I put the date of my visit on it and have it framed. The prints themselves unframed can be fairly inexpensive depending on the size you buy.

Anohter unique gift that I again, ahem buy for myself..are the PJs...for me because I am tall I buy the mens but those are kind of a different clothing gift instead the usual Tee shirt. I will say becareful on sizes..they tend to run small and when in doubt get the larger size.

Also they sell blown glass collectibles that are kind of cool that are moderately priced as long as you don't buy the larger pieces.

And they have on main street a pretty cool bookshop that sells, the DVDs, CDs, books, magic tricks, etc that you might find an unusual gift at.

I really like the playing cards. They aren't over priced and they have lots of different styles.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

A few things I always buy when I go are:
    - caramel popcorn (only avail at california adventure)
    - a new ceramic mug
    - a travel coffee cup from the vendors. There's always a new scene and they're a good deal - comes with coffee or hot chocolate
    - sometimes a sweatshirt

Good gifts for friends/family
    - packaged candy
    - magnets
    - pens

Have Fun!

The pressed pennies make neat souvineers if the machines are still around. I haven't been to Disneyland since before the Mainstreet shops were refurbed a few months ago so the machines might be gone. Something from one of the parks candy shops is also good.

Bowl of clamchowder. A cup of tower 10 ipa at the karl strauss truck. And some ears

• Disneyland Original '55

I buy a Hat and a Pen!!!!! I have a nice disneyland cup I put my pens in and I use them all the time, Hats are all up on my shelves they are all ear hats!!!
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Ears!! I always get at least one new pair every visit. That, and usually a shirt or a mug.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

Churros.
    Dole Whip.

Or, Dole Whip dipped Churros, if you like.

a wall map whenever a new one comes out. it's been a while for those, a long time for California Adventure.

one Vinylmation per day.

popcorn, when I'm not trying to avoid salt.

• The Disneyland Bro

I'm going mid-August, I'm saving up for a Glow With the Show hat. Those look so cool!

DD gets a character drawing at Off the Page. She has quite a collection, with most being done by the same artist! (They run around $35 a piece). She plans to have them framed and up in her first apartment (in a few years).

I usually get coffee mugs and shirts. Most of the time we actually end up coming home with most of our spending cash. I don't really buy a lot of little stuff that will collect dust at home

One thing you might consider is a silhouette done on Main Street. I don't know how much they are now, but they used to be $7 per face, so ended up being a rather inexpensive, very personal hand-made souvenir.

• ooooooOO!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    The only thing that is a "must buy" at Disneyland is a park ticket. The memories you receive from that little piece of paper are more important than anything tangible you could leave with.
    Funny, and I agree with that answer

On top of the ticket itself, I always collect the free maps! Although when I do buy something, I usually go for pins. I limit myself to 1 pin per trip, and I choose the pin that I felt represented the day. Some pins may be costly, but the the fact that adding that memory into the pin makes it well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuuster View Post
    Funny, and I agree with that answer

On top of the ticket itself, I always collect the free maps! Although when I do buy something, I usually go for pins. I limit myself to 1 pin per trip, and I choose the pin that I felt represented the day. Some pins may be costly, but the the fact that adding that memory into the pin makes it well worth it.
    I also do the one pin per trip, and always a limited edition one. I have a ToT pin that I love. Generally I love anything ToT.

• Minion

Ear hats. And when I buy gifts for people, I try to get something that says Disneyland on it or is exclusive to the park. Probably cheesy, but you can get Disney character stuff pretty much anywhere and if I'm paying that much for it, I want people to know it actually came from the park.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast