Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The only problem with that is that Hollywood land is now re-themed to a time period before there were comic book super heroes, let alone Cap or The Avengers. So no, they would not fit in the new old look for DCA anymore.

I still think they will use Tomorrowland as a stage for The Avengers and maybe even use the still standing but not used much Rotating building for that. That would put meet and greet and some kind of stunt show or whatever in a building and the characters would not be outside walking around.
    But didnt Captain America take place in the 1940s? I think it might fit pretty good in Hollywoodland. Not sure about Ironman and Thor though.
    Last edited by NineteenTwenty8; 08-26-2012 at 09:20 AM.

• Still lost in Neverland

Capt was "Born" the same year as Superman and Batman, 1938. Hollywoodland, from everything I have read from Disney, is set in 1920's to 1932, during the time that Walt came to California. And mostly during that time Cap and Bucky were fighting Hitler, Hirohito and Mussolini, the enemies of America during WWII. Kind of a violent thing to put in a Disney Park of any kind. There was no "Down Time" for them, they were in the Army as Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes, who was only 13 and the Camp Mascot in the comics. It just does not seem to work, at least for me.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

BVS is the 20's and 30's. Hollywoodland is slowly being transformed into a theater district from the Golden Age of Hollywood in the 1940's. The 40's and Golden Age theater district was directly attached to Hollywoodland by Disney a few years back in Blue Sky Cellar when they had some concept art of the Red Cars in Hollywoodland and the inspiration and concept art for the Disney Jr. facade redo that happened a few years back. Even the latest issue of D23 states on Hollywoodland
    "We want to get back to the genuine 1940s essence of Hollywood and the glamour days," Ray Spencer, who notes that much of the tongue-in-cheek store names have been replaced with more era-appropriate signage, explains.
    Placing it later in the 1940's helps better fit ToT (accident happened in 1939) and technically a Capt America ride could fit the theming but I thought most of the took place in NYC not LA

Those pics from BSC in case anyone was interested. Man, isn't that conceptualized facade just perfect for the Hyperion? Hopefully one day.
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 08-26-2012 at 12:49 PM.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    But didnt Captain America take place in the 1940s? I think it might fit pretty good in Hollywoodland. Not sure about Ironman and Thor though.
    Sure, it may take place in the 40's, but it has absolutely nothing to do with Hollywood besides it being filmed in Hollywood.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Still lost in Neverland

All the early superheroes from both DC and Marvel were based on the East Coast and most in Metropolis (a DC concept of New York) for Superman and Gotham City (another name for New York) for Batman & Robin. Captain America was based at an Army Camp somewhere in the Eastern area. He actually operated in New York or sometime in Germany. It wasn't until Marvel expanded it's Super Hero squads and ran out of East Coast Cities that a band of Marvel 2nd lever heroes came out West to LA and some to SF.

I still think the best idea is to take over the Innoventions Building and use it for an Avengers based headquarters. It could even be SHIELD Headquarters and having something going on where we are invited to some kind of special lectures on the future of technology to be given by Tony Stark. We are filled into a large lecture hall, Tony Stark is introduced and he starts his lecture, but then something goes horribly wrong. Villains come roaring in and Tony Runs off stage to reappear moments later as Iron Man. He puts out a call and the Avengers show up and even Nick Fury could show up. It could be a lot of fun and special effect in theater are very possible making a very fun and exiting show. The Avengers could then assemble and you could meet and greet them in the building. It would keep them out of sight in the building.

I think this would fit as Tomorrowland is really no longer about Tomorrow, but more along a what if or fantasy world now. How is The Avengers any stranger than Star Tours or Indiana Jones? Neither of those are Disney owned or even Disney Characters and people seem to have no problem with them. Why is this any different?
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 08-27-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Tomorrowland is now just science fiction land. So add the Avengers. Or change the entire thing

• Banned User

I huge Avengers or marvel ride would get people calling their travel agent, a show wouldnt.

some people are saying avengers works in tomorrowland because its not really based on the future anymore. isn't that the problem with the land in the first place? instead of feeling cohesive & immersive it just feels like a corporate showcase of vaguely related sci-fi attractions. while i have no doubt a marvel ride could be cool, i don't think it would benefit tomorrowland or the park as a whole. it would just add to the mish-mash that that area is.

"here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy". let's not forget the 'tomorrow'.
    Last edited by thedustycoyote; 08-26-2012 at 07:45 PM.

• Disneyman

Anyone know what's taking them so long to finish up the planters on the west side of the California Adventure entrance?
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Anyone know what's taking them so long to finish up the planters on the west side of the California Adventure entrance?
    My only guess is they are waiting until this end of summer to expand the walls and do the work.

• Disneyland > Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    BVS is the 20's and 30's. Hollywoodland is slowly being transformed into a theater district from the Golden Age of Hollywood in the 1940's. The 40's and Golden Age theater district was directly attached to Hollywoodland by Disney a few years back in Blue Sky Cellar when they had some concept art of the Red Cars in Hollywoodland and the inspiration and concept art for the Disney Jr. facade redo that happened a few years back. Even the latest issue of D23 states on Hollywoodland

Placing it later in the 1940's helps better fit ToT (accident happened in 1939) and technically a Capt America ride could fit the theming but I thought most of the took place in NYC not LA

Those pics from BSC in case anyone was interested. Man, isn't that conceptualized facade just perfect for the Hyperion? Hopefully one day.
    Man that facade really compliments ToT and almost everything else in the land. Disney really needs to start working on that.
    Marvel + Disney =

If the Rocketeer reboot takes off, it would be a great ride for Hollywoodland. Do some robotic arm coaster action. Captain America would fit nicely in there too if the story can take place in LA somehow.

Re: Captain America in Hollywoodland...

Given the movie history provided, I could easily see the good Captain making an appearance at the Hollywood Canteen.

• Johnny and Me!

There seems to be a design flaw in the light covers for the RSR queue:

It might be hard to tell from this picture, but the rock themed covers are falling off of the lights. Some are completely detached and are lying in the planter. When they are properly attached, the lights are invisible from the queue.

I've also noticed that as the RSR cars make their final banked turn before the finish line, the track must move/vibrate, causing some of the show lights for the mountain to shake. It's subtle, but if you stare at the mountain, you can see the effect it has.
    *A Republic... If you can keep it*

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661 ... LastLast