Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415223762 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Made a brief visit this morning, Disneyland was like a ghost town but DCA was busy and Cars Land was packed. The parks opened at 9 and when I went over to DCA and passed the RSR FastPass at around 10:45 they were long gone and the stand-by queue was almost filling up the overlook area behind Ramone's, 20 mins. for Mater's, and 50 mins. for Luigi's. Meanwhile, in Disneyland everything was either a walk on or very short wait.

Didn't take a camera, so a couple by cell phone:

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

HM is now closed for the HMH overlay.

Saw the pirate with the hats but he didn't have his hats except for the one directly on his head.

Matterhorn was a walk on so I finally rode with the new cars, not much different in the smoothness of the ride but there is zero leg room.

Hairy Baby!

• The 1000th Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Made a brief visit this morning, Disneyland was like a ghost town but DCA was busy and Cars Land was packed. The parks opened at 9 and when I went over to DCA and passed the RSR FastPass at around 10:45 they were long gone and the stand-by queue was almost filling up the overlook area behind Ramone's, 20 mins. for Mater's, and 50 mins. for Luigi's. Meanwhile, in Disneyland everything was either a walk on or very short wait.

Didn't take a camera, so a couple by cell phone:

HM is now closed for the HMH overlay.

Saw the pirate with the hats but he didn't have his hats except for the one directly on his head.

Matterhorn was a walk on so I finally rode with the new cars, not much different in the smoothness of the ride but there is zero leg room.
    Thanks for the report! You mentioned the HM is now closed for the HMH overlay...do you by any chance know when they usually re-open?

• film975

Haunted Mansion Holiday is scheduled to open on September 14th. Which is the official start of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort.

• The 1000th Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Haunted Mansion Holiday is scheduled to open on September 14th. Which is the official start of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort.
    Thanks!

Spent the last four days at the resort. I was really surprised to see how busy the parks were but DCA was actually more use than Disneyland.

Woc projections last night at the 10:15 show started getting really blurry and stopped abruptly right after the brave segment. It was so strange because the show just stopped and people were wondering what happened and those that had not seen it were surprised at how abrupt it ended. The was no announcement for about four five minutes and then they announced it would not continue and they had all the attractions running immediately.

I had read somewhere here or maybe in one of the weekly updates that the Carthay was not as busy as they hoped but I am not sure where that info came from. Friend and I showed up without reservations and wee told that they had been booked and will be booked for all reservations spot for the next two months.
    i had the pleasure to talk with a couple of the CM's while waiting for a spot in the lounge (place was packed) and they said they have been busy for a while.
    we we told that no reservations are taken for anything after 8pm and that at that time they would take in walk ins. We came back at exactly 8pm on Sunday and there was people in line as well as guests in lounge waiting to be seated.

I have to say the food and service we receive was outstanding. Constant care by the servers which checked often for drink refills or to change our silver wear when needed as well as bringing fresh bread, butter, water or anything else needed.

We tried the mushroom gorditas for starters as well as the grape leaves stuffed in goat cheese with roasted garlic. One word Delicious, Very good portions and perfect for sharing.
    loft entree we had the stuffed quail. Awesome very tasty and very nice portions. They serve two deboned quails stuffed with peaches and a sauce over it that was delicious and are served with haricots over polenta

For people that do not drink alcohol I suggest the berry lemonade which is really good.

The nice thing about eating at 8pm is that they sit the first group of guests in the dinning area and patio facing Buena vista street. They time the dinner perfectly serving you your drinks, starters and entree so that you are there to get an exclusive view of the Disneyland fireworks. They actually pipe in the music and at that height you could actually see the low level fireworks and character flying from Matterhorn and over sleeping Beauty castle. The dinner ended with complimentary tickets to preferred viewing of the 10:15 world of Color show.

One last thing, rode maters and it is one fun ride. We were swinging like crazy and left the ride with big smiles. Luigi's was also a blast but I do have to admit that the long wait made the short ride less pleasurable than maters. I do suggest riding at night, all three attractions in Carsland have a a great vibe in the evening with all the awesome lighting

---------- Post added 08-27-2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Anyone know what's taking them so long to finish up the planters on the west side of the California Adventure entrance?
    There was already quite a few plants in the area this weekend including palm trees and other low plants. The large wall is done as well so it looks like it should be done soon

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    There seems to be a design flaw in the light covers for the RSR queue:

It might be hard to tell from this picture, but the rock themed covers are falling off of the lights. Some are completely detached and are lying in the planter. When they are properly attached, the lights are invisible from the queue.
    Yeah those need to be bolted to the ground -- they are lightweight covers and people either kick them or lift them up to see what's underneath. Last time I was there a group of teen boys were moving them around and picking them up. Sad but true, guests will try to destroy anything they can when they are bored and waiting in line.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• dl159

According to Theme Park One, Racers is going to be put in Hollywood Studios. If this is true I bet its only the ride since the land would not fit in with the them of the park. Theme Park One also made a clever tease and said "toy story lot: this lot is marvelous" Al also mentioned in a few months ago that the toy story parking lot was being considered for Disneyland's third theme park and would house Marvel.

Racers in Hollywood can't come soon enough (apologize since this is the DL resort tracker thread), but oh man finally getting rid of that laughable "studio" tour would work wonders.

• Big Al fan

Why can't DHS just get a ride of the caliber of RSR but not exactly it?
    "There was.....blood on the saddle, and.....blood all around, and a great big, puddle of .....blood on the ground."

-Big Al-

Come visit my blog Disney in Review over at
    http://disneyfanreviews.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrPotatoHead View Post
    Why can't DHS just get a ride of the caliber of RSR but not exactly it?
    Because TDO doesn't want to spend the money to develop something new. It has happened time and time again like with Nemo, Soarin', Star Tours II, Toy Story Midway Mania, The Little Mermaid, and more. TDA pays for all the development costs and TDO pays much much less to get it cloned at WDW.

The Coke Corner Eating area entrance is now gone.

Aug 20

Today, Aug 30

The trash cans and barriers cover the exposed electrical lines.

Quote Originally Posted by DLR159 View Post
    According to Theme Park One, Racers is going to be put in Hollywood Studios. If this is true I bet its only the ride since the land would not fit in with the them of the park. Theme Park One also made a clever tease and said "toy story lot: this lot is marvelous" Al also mentioned in a few months ago that the toy story parking lot was being considered for Disneyland's third theme park and would house Marvel.
    As far as RSR goes, I really hope not. DCA needs a reason for people to make the trek to the west coast. I don't think adding RSR to DHS would greatly improve attendance at WDW.

If they are adding RSR, or any semblance of Carsland in Florida, it wouldn't be for another 5 years or so. I wonder if this means we'll be getting a Cars 3 by then.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Because TDO doesn't want to spend the money to develop something new. It has happened time and time again like with Nemo, Soarin', Star Tours II, Toy Story Midway Mania, The Little Mermaid, and more. TDA pays for all the development costs and TDO pays much much less to get it cloned at WDW.
    That's been one of the problems since park management took control over what went into the parks instead of Imagineering.

• Banned User

By the time any version of Carsland opens at hollywood studios opens, if that ever even happens, DLR will have other rides and a HUGE marvel presents which will make it far different than WDW which cant ever have any marvel attractions. there are just as many strong rumors about imagineers working on the design for a marvel third gate for DLR as there are for Carsland at WDW. By then, Carsland will be just another nice section of the parks, and not what makes it different and unique. They havent even broke ground on Avatar yet and they arent going to start a massive project like carsland before another massive project like Avatar is finished. it would be many years away if it happens.