Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516233863 ... LastLast

•   
    • Banned User

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    The Coke Corner Eating area entrance is now gone.

Today, Aug 30

Oh, I don't like this at all. Not one bit. That arch was iconic and a necessary barrier to keep the crowds ( and it gets crowded, just wait until a parade or fireworks ) away from the eating area. Now that barrier is down, leaving us to the civility of our fellow humans, which often aren't that considerate.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Agreed it seems like something related to florida might be better
    Dave

• Minion

I'm hoping the missing Coke Corner arch is just temporary?

• Banned User

I wonder how TDA will respond to this.
    I just read a three page letter sent to area residents around Universal informing them of the "EVOLUTION Plan". In it is a map and small description of what they will be adding. This is going to be a pretty huge expansion.
    2 new hotels, very large expansion of attractions and theme park area and expansion to Citywalk.
    This should get VERY interesting.
    i think i see a Marvel theme park in Toy Story parking lot in the future. rumor is that Imagineers are already working on it.

There is a (ironic, by the way) problem with a Marvel themed park, which would likely only focusing on boys, and not many girls. As I mention it was ironic, because Disney was having issues with marketing franchises at boys, sometime before Marvel was bought. Now, I am guessing there are female marvel female superheros, there is just an issue....none of them are popular as Iron Man or Spider Man. For instance, Marvel has yet to release a film series with a main female superhero(Avengers and Fantastic 4 do not count, as the films were ensembles, and I am not sure if Elektra is family friendly). So unless Marvel is willing to market to boys AND girls, then I see a promblem down the line.

• Banned User

Well, I dont think this park is inteneded to target, specifically, small children. more intended for tweens, teens and adults. As such, the marketing for little girls and little boys isnt as important because they tend to be the ones who are more interested in attractions that are more gender specific. I am sure, however, that they will have attractions and areas for small ones as well.
    i think alot of people are thinking that a park like this would resemble super hero lands in Six Flags parks or the whole park would look like the marvel area at IoA. i dont think so.
    take a look at the plans and pictures, i believe on Screamscape, of the Marvel park originally planned for Dubai. the lands were pretty spectacular.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Well, I dont think this park is inteneded to target, specifically, small children. more intended for tweens, teens and adults. As such, the marketing for little girls and little boys isnt as important because they tend to be the ones who are more interested in attractions that are more gender specific. I am sure, however, that they will have attractions and areas for small ones as well.
    i think alot of people are thinking that a park like this would resemble super hero lands in Six Flags parks or the whole park would look like the marvel area at IoA. i dont think so.
    take a look at the plans and pictures, i believe on Screamscape, of the Marvel park originally planned for Dubai. the lands were pretty spectacular.
    I highly doubt Disney wouldn't market one of their theme parks to small children, and I'm sure Disney could come up with some way to make the park attractive to girls.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Banned User

I didnt say either of those wouldnt happen.I said it wouldnt be marketed "SPECIFICALLY" to small children, which is what many of the newer additions have done. Anyway, Im just throwing out the rumors, I have no personal info. on the way they would handle it. Ido, however, think they would want this to be a different experience and I think that this approach is the only approach that would even make a third gate in Anaheim make sense. A third gate would have to be something to draw out of town and out of state visitors in a BIG way.

I don't think a third park would be all about Marvel. Disney is usually pretty good about mixing franchises and making them fit with each other.

I would even go as far as to say that if the Avatar land does well in animal kingdom we might just see it cloned here. All big investments are usually built with the idea that they could be cloned.

That along with other franchises that might fit the theme/realm of this new park could eventually be added. I have even heard that if the TRON attraction is received well in Shanghai there are still possibilities of it being cloned for the state parks

Quote Originally Posted by baloo View Post
    i don't think a third park would be all about marvel. Disney is usually pretty good about mixing franchises and making them fit with each other.

I would even go as far as to say that if the avatar land does well in animal kingdom we might just see it cloned here. All big investments are usually built with the idea that they could be cloned.

That along with other franchises that might fit the theme/realm of this new park could eventually be added. i have even heard that if the tron attraction is received well in shanghai there are still possibilities of it being cloned for the state parks

please please please

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    All big investments are usually built with the idea that they could be cloned.
    That's how it usually works. We could see things of the Indy/Dinosaur variety. Something like Marvel and Avatar attractions sharing a ride that has different themeing.

• Banned User

I tend to agree with you Baloo, however, it has been confirmed by multiple inside sources that Disney imagineers are working up a vision for a marvel theme park and that Toy Story parking lot was the template they were using.
    I even thought making it a general super heros park and including Incredibles and others.

• Minion

I tend to agree with you Baloo, however, it has been confirmed by multiple inside sources that Disney imagineers are working up a vision for a marvel theme park and that Toy Story parking lot was the template they were using.
    I even thought making it a general super heros park and including Incredibles and others.
    I have heard the same about WDI working on a large Marvel project some how I don't see all 70+ acres devoted to them though.
    i could be proven wrong and they come up with areas that use characters that people will be introduced to for the first time

The property is suppose to also have a hotel and with the hints I have received about DAK not being the only park to receive Avatar I kind of have a feeling that its lush green theme might somehow be integrated into a third gate.

I would hope that it does not only because I would prefer that the stateside parks have areas that are unique to themselves. I also hope that WDI looks deeply into the Marvel universe and gives us a park that takes us to different, strange new worlds.

• Minion

Generally, I believe that when Imagineers blue-sky a park concept for something like Marvel, they don't really have any particular site in mind. Their initial intent is to just produce something that showcases a number of ideas that covers various land/attraction options. Once these ideas are pitched, management chooses elements they want and sites where they might be used.

While Imagineering may base their concepts on a possible particular location, the final site could be as suggested or another one altogether.