Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

• Dave

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

I think instead of building a new park attention should be concentrated on Disneyland. Also I would like to see phase 2 of DCA get underway before a third gate is added
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I have heard the same about WDI working on a large Marvel project some how I don't see all 70+ acres devoted to them though.
    i could be proven wrong and they come up with areas that use characters that people will be introduced to for the first time

The property is suppose to also have a hotel and with the hints I have received about DAK not being the only park to receive Avatar I kind of have a feeling that its lush green theme might somehow be integrated into a third gate.

I would hope that it does not only because I would prefer that the stateside parks have areas that are unique to themselves. I also hope that WDI looks deeply into the Marvel universe and gives us a park that takes us to different, strange new worlds.
    I agree. What ive been hearing is the park will use several new properties as well as some really awesome ones already used in the off shore parks. I do believe there will be a marvel section but I dont belivee for a second they would devote a whole park to a single brand.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    pretty cool but at that price, ill wait to see it for free next month ..or is it evenings only in Oct.?

reply to post #196

I understand why people would want Disney and WDI to concentrate on Disneyland and DCA before a third gate is built but business sise it does not make sense. Disneyland and now DCA at the moment is doing well and land is limited within their borders. Building out both parks would only limit them in offering new and refreshed additions in the future and eventually would require the removal of other attractions to keep the parks fresh in peoples minds.
    By opening a third gate they would be able to alternate expansions within three gates keeping the resort fresh for several more decades.

From what everyone has been hearing it seems like now that DCA is doing what it was expected to do Disneyland will most likely be the focus in two to three years with the addition of some attractions by then preparations for the third gate would be underway and it would open two to three years after. during that time DCA might even see an addition to make sure that all three parks have something new to offer to help balance off guest flow.

what i find interesting is that a couple years ago when DCA was under construction i was given a hint that if all went well with the investment Anaheim might see a major expansion somewhere around 2016-2017. So far from all the information being hinted about by many people it seems like that 2017 could still be possible.

Disney could easily close off the Pumba lot next year and start construction on a new parking structure which could be built in about a year. At the same time parts of the Toy story lot could close down to start prep work on a third gate with the remaining parking lot closing as soon as the new parking structure opens.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

City hall is down for refurb,but you can still go in

couldnt get a pic but wreaths are up for christmas tapings.
    (freaked me out seeing flags and wreaths in sept until i saw the board saying tapings )

also.. wonder why in RSR today the shooting media sign was left up in the single rider line?

• Minion

Pizza Port closed for refurb:

IMG_1511 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1512 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1513 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1515 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1541 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-05-2012 at 11:29 PM ----------

Winter has come to Pixie Hollow: IMG_1519 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1520 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1521 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1522 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1523 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1524 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1525 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1526 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1527 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1528 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1529 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1530 by socal_ron, on Flickr IMG_1531 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Snow White's Wishing Well

Storybook Land

Casey Jr.

Fountain Valley, California, United States

I'm happy I have no time to go to the parks right now, so many refurbs going on!

Wow! I left the park exaclty one week ago. I'm glad too I'm not there right now haha.

Winter Pixie Hollow looks nice

• Minion

New tram station ads:

IMG_1408 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1410 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1411 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 08:08 AM ----------

IMG_1556 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1415 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1442 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1443 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1444 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 08:15 AM ----------

New princess area:

IMG_1419 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1420 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1421 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1422 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1445 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1447 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1451 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1452 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1458 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1459 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1460 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1463 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1465 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 08:18 AM ----------

City Hall area:

IMG_1475 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1477 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1479 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 08:19 AM ----------

City Hall area:

IMG_1475 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1477 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1479 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 08:24 AM ----------

Old Princess area:

IMG_1481 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1488 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1489 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1491 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1492 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1502 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1504 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1507 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1510 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 08:28 AM ----------

Indy:

IMG_1440 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1441 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 08:34 AM ----------

The Pirates League (The CMs here seem to be having fun getting into character):

IMG_1426 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1427 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1428 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1429 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1430 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1431 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 08:40 AM ----------

HMH progess:

IMG_1436 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1437 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1438 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1439 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1497 by socal_ron, on Flickr

• Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    reply to post #196

I understand why people would want Disney and WDI to concentrate on Disneyland and DCA before a third gate is built but business sise it does not make sense. Disneyland and now DCA at the moment is doing well and land is limited within their borders. Building out both parks would only limit them in offering new and refreshed additions in the future and eventually would require the removal of other attractions to keep the parks fresh in peoples minds.
    By opening a third gate they would be able to alternate expansions within three gates keeping the resort fresh for several more decades.

From what everyone has been hearing it seems like now that DCA is doing what it was expected to do Disneyland will most likely be the focus in two to three years with the addition of some attractions by then preparations for the third gate would be underway and it would open two to three years after. during that time DCA might even see an addition to make sure that all three parks have something new to offer to help balance off guest flow.

what i find interesting is that a couple years ago when DCA was under construction i was given a hint that if all went well with the investment Anaheim might see a major expansion somewhere around 2016-2017. So far from all the information being hinted about by many people it seems like that 2017 could still be possible.

Disney could easily close off the Pumba lot next year and start construction on a new parking structure which could be built in about a year. At the same time parts of the Toy story lot could close down to start prep work on a third gate with the remaining parking lot closing as soon as the new parking structure opens.
    I ave to some what disagree. There are alot of things that could be upgraded or added to DL and DCA that would not take up much room at all. Take for instance take out the people mover track and in it place put in a new track that fits OSHA ADA requirments even turn it into a test track style attraction base on Tron or something else. They could also put the rockets back above the old people mover track which would actually add space because you would get rid of that congestion in the front of TL. Als on in Toontown you have atleast two attractions that aren't being used that could be turned into one or two new attractions.

DCA was supposed to have a phase two of it rehab (seems to be going by the side with Carsland's success). Phase 2 doesn't even need to be as extensive as phase 1. upgrade the rpids by adding some Anomotronics, and putting a rockin coaster in hollywoodland, and of course putting in a soarin over America or maybe the Southwest.
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 09-06-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Dave

• Banned User

Hot damn, everything is behind walls! What a horrible time to make a trip lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    New princess area:

IMG_1419 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_1420 by socal_ron, on Flickr
    Just top clarify, the new Fantasy Faire Village is not The New Princess area. They just happen to be located in that area. Don't want people to be put off of the area if they think that it's JUST the princess meet and greet.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Just a quickie when does Spring break offically start at Disneyland?
    Dave

• Dream in wonderful color!

It looks like they're finally going to complete the unfinished wall/planter at the DCA entrance gates

Link to photo https://twitter.com/thedisneyresort/...484352/photo/1

source: @thedisneyresort
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast