Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182540 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Just a quickie when does Spring break offically start at Disneyland?
    It's not much of an offical season, but AP blockouts increase on the 22nd of March, so that's when they are anticpating the increase of crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    Just top clarify, the new Fantasy Faire Village is not The New Princess area. They just happen to be located in that area. Don't want people to be put off of the area if they think that it's JUST the princess meet and greet.
    What other attractions/shows are planned for the area?

I ave to some what disagree. There are alot of things that could be upgraded or added to DL and DCA that would not take up much room at all. Take for instance take out the people mover track and in it place put in a new track that fits OSHA ADA requirments even turn it into a test track style attraction base on Tron or something else. They could also put the rockets back above the old people mover track which would actually add space because you would get rid of that congestion in the front of TL. Als on in Toontown you have atleast two attractions that aren't being used that could be turned into one or two new attractions.

DCA was supposed to have a phase two of it rehab (seems to be going by the side with Carsland's success). Phase 2 doesn't even need to be as extensive as phase 1. upgrade the rpids by adding some Anomotronics, and putting a rockin coaster in hollywoodland, and of course putting in a soarin over America or maybe the Southwest.
    The example you mention in regards to the people over track we know will not and can not happen because of too many obstacles and yes there are things that could be done at Disneyland but many of those things could be considered minor additions or upkeep. There is no way you could market the moving of the rockets as a new addition.

Tomorrowland is scheduled for a big update and yes there is room behind frontier land but other than that Disneyland has little room for growth. A couple years ago they looked at what can and can not be done in that park and other than those two large expansion areas Disneyland would only be able to continue keeping itself fresh by changing and expanding its entertainment. Case in point the reason WDI has been coming up with things like interactive queues and show with the glow gimmicks.

The re original suggestion was that Disneyland and DCA should be built out or worked on before a third gate is built but the reality is that both of those parks are now capable of bringing in enough guests as they are. This does not mean that they are finished but that a third gate could keep the resort fresh for a few more years and then future additions could be spread out between gates to keep all three parks attendance even. These parks are built to last decades and sadly Anaheim does not have the property available to just keep adding and expanding. There will be a time when there is no more room.

A third gate would most likely be built so that it used most of the available land in the toy story lot but like any other Disney park it would have properly hidden attraction pads that would allow WDI to keep adding to the park to keep it fresh.

Like I mentioned a third gate would not stop DCA's expansion and beautification instead it would spread it out several years so that once the newness of Carsland starts to slow down something new will be highlighted to maintained attendance count.

What I'm trying to say is that Disney And WDI know that there a possibilities for improvements and additions but they also know that they will be mostly focused on DCA and a third gate and they do not all have to happen right away these parks are here to stay for many more decades.

• Fish Food

Sorry, I thought I would be able to figure this out for myself, but the first post seems to be future projects. I saw somewhere else that Indy is in refurb, but it's not listed in the first post. I am coming Oct 13 - 20 for the first time in a long time. Where can I find out what will be in refurb then?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyfish View Post
    Sorry, I thought I would be able to figure this out for myself, but the first post seems to be future projects. I saw somewhere else that Indy is in refurb, but it's not listed in the first post. I am coming Oct 13 - 20 for the first time in a long time. Where can I find out what will be in refurb then?

Check this link in a few days. Go to the days of you visit and hold the cursor over the blue "View Refurbishments" on the left above the day's entertainment list.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/cale...ult/2012/10/13

• Johnny and Me!

Does anyone know what is happening inside Pizza Port? I wonder if the menu will change.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The example you mention in regards to the people over track we know will not and can not happen because of too many obstacles and yes there are things that could be done at Disneyland but many of those things could be considered minor additions or upkeep. There is no way you could market the moving of the rockets as a new addition.

Tomorrowland is scheduled for a big update and yes there is room behind frontier land but other than that Disneyland has little room for growth. A couple years ago they looked at what can and can not be done in that park and other than those two large expansion areas Disneyland would only be able to continue keeping itself fresh by changing and expanding its entertainment. Case in point the reason WDI has been coming up with things like interactive queues and show with the glow gimmicks.

The re original suggestion was that Disneyland and DCA should be built out or worked on before a third gate is built but the reality is that both of those parks are now capable of bringing in enough guests as they are. This does not mean that they are finished but that a third gate could keep the resort fresh for a few more years and then future additions could be spread out between gates to keep all three parks attendance even. These parks are built to last decades and sadly Anaheim does not have the property available to just keep adding and expanding. There will be a time when there is no more room.

A third gate would most likely be built so that it used most of the available land in the toy story lot but like any other Disney park it would have properly hidden attraction pads that would allow WDI to keep adding to the park to keep it fresh.

Like I mentioned a third gate would not stop DCA's expansion and beautification instead it would spread it out several years so that once the newness of Carsland starts to slow down something new will be highlighted to maintained attendance count.

What I'm trying to say is that Disney And WDI know that there a possibilities for improvements and additions but they also know that they will be mostly focused on DCA and a third gate and they do not all have to happen right away these parks are here to stay for many more decades.
    Good points, and don't get me wrong I love Disneyland and looking forward to seeing the chages to DCA. Butthey can put down a $1.5 billion cash to fix DCA, than they could surely put out the cash for tearing out the people mover tracks and putting in a new sky racer thrill attraction. I am sure they could do all of that for less than what the spent at DCA. Maybe $500 million tops. As part of that moving the rockets back ontop. While at the same time freeing up space in the front of TL.

I think the problem is they are being too cheap. Maybe scrouge should be this years Christmas theme. Here we have the 60th and nothing anounced. The park is over a half a century old now. That is a pretty good lifespan for any organization. What better way to have cash registers ring than something bold new and a solute to the park of old.

---------- Post added 09-07-2012 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's not much of an offical season, but AP blockouts increase on the 22nd of March, so that's when they are anticpating the increase of crowds.
    So in your opionion are crowds heavy at the begining of April moderate?
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 09-07-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Dave

• Banned User

It doesnt seem like anything is coming to the resort anytime soon. not realy much in the way of genuine rumors.
    WDW# has solid rumors about Carsland for DHS and maybe or maybe not Avatar for AK. The DL rumors about tomorrowland seem more like wishfull thinking at this point. It is amazing just how much they are constantly adding to WDW. hotels, lands, attractions. Construction is CONSTANTLY going on. Universal added Transformers this summer and has already announced potter which looks like a major expansion with new hotels and large increase in parkland and attractions. No credible rumors for DLR about ANYTHING for the future.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Here we have the 60th and nothing anounced. The park is over a half a century old now. That is a pretty good lifespan for any organization. What better way to have cash registers rting than something bold new and a solute to the park of old.
    While I agree that something should be done for the 60th, the 50th was a very, very big deal. A great amount of money and time was put into the promotions, entertainment, and marketing. I am ok with them being a little quiet for the next few years. Something even as small as the 55th is fine with me. Save the big guns for the bigger years.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I get the taking a breather, but with Uniresal Studios amping up a new land for next summer. DLR should at least have something in the works.
    Dave

• Under that tree again!

Butthey can put down a $1.5 billion cash to fix DCA, than they could surely put out the cash for tearing out the people mover tracks and putting in a new sky racer thrill attraction. I am sure they could do all of that for less than what the spent at DCA. Maybe $500 million tops. As part of that moving the rockets back ontop. While at the same time freeing up space in the front of TL.
    It's not so simple. Disney Parks had to approach the Board of Directors to get the approval to spend a billion on DCL and another billion on DCA. They had to explain how the speding ensures a reasonable return on investment. So you take the cruise line build two bigger boats so more than doubling the size and say profit going up x amount per year the billion will be earned back in y years, and then more profit for the lifetime of the boats. In DCA it was similar when you estimate with spending a billion would sell a more tickets, b more souvenires and food in existing locations, and c even more souvenires and food in new locations. For DCA it was surely a much harder sell and for reasons we have seen. DCA 2.0 may be doing much better than DCA 1.0 selling more things and filling more hotel rooms, receiving more revenue but it's canabalizing the resort. Lots of the new business we see is actually just transfered from DL. So the net effect may be much slower to attain the desired return on investment.

For a smaller project Disney Parks can decide, but they have to evaulate it the same. Will it pay for itself and increase profit down the road? If it doesn't, Iger is firing Staggs.

The question looked at simply is can $500 million invested, make $300 million more the next year, $200 million more the next year and $100 million more every year after? That means attendance has to ride a lot, and or a lot more pizza slices and tee shirts to sell.

So in your opionion are crowds heavy at the begining of April moderate?
    At the begining or April it's very busy but last year the second week had some blockouts on AP and that seemed to help I though is was moderately busy. The first week has too many people on Spring Break and the AP blockout didn't make it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Does anyone know what is happening inside Pizza Port? I wonder if the menu will change.
    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Universal added Transformers this summer and has already announced potter which looks like a major expansion with new hotels and large increase in parkland and attractions. No credible rumors for DLR about ANYTHING for the future.
    Have you seen a credible source about this? I know it's about Universal. I saw the WWoHP announcement, but nothing about a bigger park and hotels.

• Banned User

yes i have. if you go over to Screamscape, i cant remember what day the update was but it was a few days ago, a three page report that was sent to residents around Universal describing the upcoming project and included a map of the new additions. In it was stated 2 new hotels, a large expansion of theme park space, expansion of retail and to the backlot studios.

• Insomniac

It doesnt seem like anything is coming to the resort anytime soon. not realy much in the way of genuine rumors.
    WDW# has solid rumors about Carsland for DHS and maybe or maybe not Avatar for AK. The DL rumors about tomorrowland seem more like wishfull thinking at this point. It is amazing just how much they are constantly adding to WDW. hotels, lands, attractions. Construction is CONSTANTLY going on. Universal added Transformers this summer and has already announced potter which looks like a major expansion with new hotels and large increase in parkland and attractions. No credible rumors for DLR about ANYTHING for the future.
    First of all WDW builds hotels ALL the time because they have space for it! DLR does not. WDW does not have a record of building more often than DLR if you ignore the hotels. New Fantasyland is the first new land WDW has built since Asia in 1999, if I remember correctly. Disneyland has built since WDW's last big addition to the parks: all of California Adventure 1.0 (Paradise Pier, Grizzly Peak, Pacific Warf, Hollywoodland, Condor Flats, Bountiful Valley, Sunshine Plaza), a bug's land, Cars Land, and Buena Vista street. Not to mention DLR opened Downtown Disney, Paradise Pier Hotel, and the Grand Californian hotel. As far as attractions go DLR has added: all of DCA 1.0 (Mulholand Madness, Sun Wheel, Orange Stinger, Maliboomer, California Screamin', Golden Dreams, Jumping Jellyfish, King Triton's Carousel, SS Rustworthy Play area, Golden Zepher, it's tough to be a bug, Winery show, Grizzly River Run, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Superstar Limo, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Animation Academy, Sorcerer's workshop, Steps in Time, Muppetvision 3D, Soarin' Over California, Boundin Bakery Tour, and Mission Tortilla Tour), Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, Innoventions Dream Home, Captain EO tribute, Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Tower of Terror, Flik's Flyers, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Lady Bug Boogie, Tuck and Roll's bumper cars, Playhouse Disney, Aladdin: Musical Spectacular, TSMM, Games of the boardwalk, World of Color, Radiator Springs Racers, Luigi's Flying Tires, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and Red Car Trolleys. Plus rethemed/ redid: Superstar Limo into Monsters Inc., Orange Stinger into SSS, Mulholand Madness into GSS, and the Sun wheel into Mickey's Fun Wheel. Now I'm not going to go and list WDW's in park addition since 1999, but the point is that DLR has had more in park additions than WDW has. Currently (if you count all the ridiculous "attractions"), Animal Kindom today only has 4 more attractions than DCA had at opening, and DCA had only 2 less than DHS does today. If you compare DCA today to EPCOT today, DCA only has one "official attraction" less than EPCOT (which is counting each country as an attraction). TDO just has not invested in the parks to the same extent that DLR has the last 13+ years. Hotels yes, WDW has built way more hotels than DLR could ever dream of, but not attractions or lands unless you go back to 1981-1998.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Banned User

Its on the 8/30 update. it is titled Universal Hollywood Evolution Plan. you can read the letter and see the map. its pretty cool.

---------- Post added 09-08-2012 at 01:50 AM ----------

Well, they built another park so it doesnt realy equate.

EPCOT has added Test Track, Mission Space, Nemo, Test Track is getting upgrade and Spaceship earth Upgrade.
    Animak Kingdom to begin work on Avatarland which will probably be on a scale of Carsland and the HUGE Fantasyland expansion is almost complete.
    DHS has extremely strong rumors that Carsland is coming and the project leader for Carsland at DCA has already made her way to Orlando
    AK recieved Expedition Everest and new Nemo show.
    Countless Hotels, DVC resorts.
    It realy is NO comparrison.

yes i have. if you go over to Screamscape, i cant remember what day the update was but it was a few days ago, a three page report that was sent to residents around Universal describing the upcoming project and included a map of the new additions. In it was stated 2 new hotels, a large expansion of theme park space, expansion of retail and to the backlot studios.
    Screamscape is never a credible source for Disney. Lance knows his stuff when it comes to Six Flags, and some Cedar Fair parks, but he's pretty slow and naive when it comes to the Universal and Disney Rumors (e.g. saying that the USF project wasn't Transformers when all educated fans clearly see it was)