Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192641 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Does anyone know what is happening inside Pizza Port? I wonder if the menu will change.

THANK GOD! I hated that pink/red color scheme on Pizza Port.

I'm hoping that they give it a more modern sleek look instead of the kitschy style it has now.

• Banned User

Yes but this isnt just screamscape posting some rumor they heard. This is a coppy of a 3 page Project report sent to all neerby residents. thats a BIG difference.

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Yes but this isnt just screamscape posting some rumor they heard. This is a coppy of a 3 page Project report sent to all neerby residents. thats a BIG difference.
    We all know you are excited for whatever is coming, but after reading through your posts and viewing you horrible grammar about so many new improvements without linking to sources it's hard to understand the point you are trying to communicate to the thread. Perhaps by actually directly linking us to updates and providing us with information to believe they are credible would be a great step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanator View Post
    We all know you are excited for whatever is coming, but after reading through your posts and viewing you horrible grammar about so many new improvements without linking to sources it's hard to understand the point you are trying to communicate to the thread. Perhaps by actually directly linking us to updates and providing us with information to believe they are credible would be a great step forward.
    NBC Universal Evolution

I hope this can keep the conversation moving forward...

Anyway....I wonder if Big thunder mountain railroad will get repainted whenever the ride closes down for a major refurbisment.

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    Anyway....I wonder if Big thunder mountain railroad will get repainted whenever the ride closes down for a major refurbisment.
    I hope the same amount of detail that went into the Cadillac Range and the Matterhorn Refurb is applied to Big Thunder Mountain. It would look even better than it already does.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    DCA 2.0 may be doing much better than DCA 1.0 selling more things and filling more hotel rooms, receiving more revenue but it's canabalizing the resort. Lots of the new business we see is actually just transfered from DL. So the net effect may be much slower to attain the desired return on investment.
    actually the addition in DCA 2.0 did help boost the resorts attendance this last quarter. Let's not forget that the park was just rededicated three months ago. The additions are a long term investment which will benefit both parks.
    those additions also accomplished so far what Burbank, TDA and WDI were hoping to do. Aside from the small growth shown these last three months it allowed for guests to even out between both parks allowing them to control costs with huge crowd control system that had to be put in place every time Disneyland became unbearable.

Guests spending also increased because of the new addition and part of the reason is guest satisfaction went up. Less waiting times in vending increase guest output. Surprisingly guest spending sometimes drops because guests do not like to spend long times in lines so when crowds are manageable guests are more likely to wait in the short lines and also have more time to explore shopping venues

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    actually the addition in DCA 2.0 did help boost the resorts attendance this last quarter. Let's not forget that the park was just rededicated three months ago. The additions are a long term investment which will benefit both parks.
    those additions also accomplished so far what Burbank, TDA and WDI were hoping to do. Aside from the small growth shown these last three months it allowed for guests to even out between both parks allowing them to control costs with huge crowd control system that had to be put in place every time Disneyland became unbearable.

Guests spending also increased because of the new addition and part of the reason is guest satisfaction went up. Less waiting times in vending increase guest output. Surprisingly guest spending sometimes drops because guests do not like to spend long times in lines so when crowds are manageable guests are more likely to wait in the short lines and also have more time to explore shopping venues
    Actually you should reread my post. I never said DCA 2.0 didn't help things.

• 5 Star

I really don't like the idea of DHS getting Carsland. WDW is always getting new developments and the cutting edge attractions. DCA finally gets the push it desperately needs to compete as a park, and then then possibilty of CarsLand being duplicated arises. Leave some of the innovation for us CA folk.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
    I really don't like the idea of DHS getting Carsland. WDW is always getting new developments and the cutting edge attractions. DCA finally gets the push it desperately needs to compete as a park, and then then possibilty of CarsLand being duplicated arises. Leave some of the innovation for us CA folk.
    ^^YES! This.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post

The problem DCA had is it never attained the projected attendance that Disney hoped for. The problem with AK and DHS is that they are viewed as half day parks and the MK and Epcot as full day or even two day parks. So they have expanded the offerings in DHS and AK but attendance barely budged. So they announce the major expansion to AK with Avatarland. Then rumors, only rumors are that DHS will get an expansion and it will be a Cars attraction/land.

• 5 Star

The problem DCA had is it never attained the projected attendance that Disney hoped for. The problem with AK and DHS is that they are viewed as half day parks and the MK and Epcot as full day or even two day parks. So they have expanded the offerings in DHS and AK but attendance barely budged. So they announce the major expansion to AK with Avatarland. Then rumors, only rumors are that DHS will get an expansion and it will be a Cars attraction/land.
    I understand those parks don't exactly stack up with the MK and Disneyland for the matter, but their existence stills shows that WDW has a lot more to offer than the DL resort does. DCA needs a unique aspect to give it a fighting chance. I get why the suits would want to replicate the success of CarsLand and duplicate it. It would likely draw in crowds and help stimulate both parks. Again, I get it, but I don't like it. DCA is seeing massive success because it was invested in and has something unique to offer. I'm sure it would still draw crowds even if DHS gets a Cars ride/land... but I dont agree. I dont agree with cutting yourself off at the knees as soon as you're finally able to walk. It's a shame that money talks.

Actually you should reread my post. I never said DCA 2.0 didn't help things.
    I
    Must have been misunderstand your post and was refering to these statements
    Originally Posted by swampymarsh
    DCA 2.0 may be doing much better than DCA 1.0 selling more things and filling more hotel rooms, receiving more revenue but it's canabalizing the resort

I was just trying to point out that Burbank main reason for focusing on fixing DCA was to help balance the resorts attendance while at the same time increasing revenue and that is exactly what it did thissummer. They do not consider it as a canablization of Disneyland or the resort like you stated. if it was canabalizing the resort or more importantly Disneyland then how could you say that DCA 2.0 help.
    the attendance numbers and revenue in the last three months has actually been higher than expected and it is the reason that further investment in Anaheim has once again become a main focus for Burbank. It also looks like the overall attendance for the year will exceed what WDI was hoping to accomplish with these additions if DCA and Disneylands attendance continues the pattern that it accomplish for the summer.
    When the Holidays come Burbank now has the ability to promote two successful holiday overlays which should also help boost revenue. That was something that they were not able to accomplish before the investment.
    the possible sooner than considered return in investment is also one of the reasons that Walt Disney company is actually considering other large investments in the other resorts from what I have heard. If that is the case then they believe that the large investment that was just done is justifiable and should be recovered at an acceptable timeline

---------- Post added 09-09-2012 at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I think the problem is they are being too cheap. Maybe scrouge should be this years Christmas theme. Here we have the 60th and nothing anounced. The park is over a half a century old now. That is a pretty good lifespan for any organization. What better way to have cash registers ring than something bold new and a solute to the park of old.
    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    While I agree that something should be done for the 60th, the 50th was a very, very big deal. A great amount of money and time was put into the promotions, entertainment, and marketing. I am ok with them being a little quiet for the next few years. Something even as small as the 55th is fine with me. Save the big guns for the bigger years.
    Well I think the 60th anniversary should be considered a big anniversary year. I actually think that an anniversary event should at least be considered every ten years.

I have read some post in other online Disney sites just like in this one of people somewhat discouraged about the lack of information of any possible anniversary event but I don't think people realize that at the moment they have a focus and that is the promotion of DCA's new offerings. Disneyland could still receive a large attraction and or celebration for its 60th that would most likely be announced as the day gets closer. A new attraction can easily be started next year and still have the possibility of being the main event for a July 2015 opening.

I am almost certain that if they do plan something major like the 50th they will make it a multi year celebration that would involve opening new offerings in stages to keep it fresh. New parades, new nighttime entertainment, celebratory fireworks and maybe an attraction. The event would also most likely involve both parks and it would be nice if they finally gave DCA some recognition by ending the celebration early 2016 by celebrating that parks 15th anniversary since they ignored the 10th with a new major attraction for that park.
    Last edited by Baloo; 09-09-2012 at 12:56 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The example you mention in regards to the people over track we know will not and can not happen because of too many obstacles and yes there are things that could be done at Disneyland but many of those things could be considered minor additions or upkeep. There is no way you could market the moving of the rockets as a new addition.

Tomorrowland is scheduled for a big update and yes there is room behind frontier land but other than that Disneyland has little room for growth. A couple years ago they looked at what can and can not be done in that park and other than those two large expansion areas Disneyland would only be able to continue keeping itself fresh by changing and expanding its entertainment. Case in point the reason WDI has been coming up with things like interactive queues and show with the glow gimmicks.

The re original suggestion was that Disneyland and DCA should be built out or worked on before a third gate is built but the reality is that both of those parks are now capable of bringing in enough guests as they are. This does not mean that they are finished but that a third gate could keep the resort fresh for a few more years and then future additions could be spread out between gates to keep all three parks attendance even. These parks are built to last decades and sadly Anaheim does not have the property available to just keep adding and expanding. There will be a time when there is no more room.

A third gate would most likely be built so that it used most of the available land in the toy story lot but like any other Disney park it would have properly hidden attraction pads that would allow WDI to keep adding to the park to keep it fresh.

Like I mentioned a third gate would not stop DCA's expansion and beautification instead it would spread it out several years so that once the newness of Carsland starts to slow down something new will be highlighted to maintained attendance count.

What I'm trying to say is that Disney And WDI know that there a possibilities for improvements and additions but they also know that they will be mostly focused on DCA and a third gate and they do not all have to happen right away these parks are here to stay for many more decades.
    After the third gate is built, any chance/possibility that Disney will buy some businesses/hotels in the area and build a 4th park? or would that be too costly?