Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Any rumors or chances we get to see a Tron ride anytime in the future?

• Disneyman

From Al Lutz's most recent column:

".......the first big project in Tomorrowland that will gut Innoventions and remake the eastern flanks of the land in time for the 60th Anniversary year is still moving quickly forward."

What is it?
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Insomniac

^^Stark Expo would be my guess...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

^Hopefully

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    Any rumors or chances we get to see a Tron ride anytime in the future?
    Not anytime in the near future. A Tron attraction is not currently being looked at for Disneyland by WDI.

• Sock Puppet

The next Disneyland E ticket WILL BE A MARVEL attraction, come to terms with it, its going to happen. Im guessing probably Ironman or Avengers.

In Al's article he mentions that Disneyland might get 2 new E tickets, I think that is very unnecessary, I think after DL gets its big E ticket for its 60th, they should again turn to DCA and give that park something. DL already has an amazing roster of E tickets, more than ANY other Disney park, to add 2 new E tickets back 2 back to an already 'full' park would be going overboard. Give the E ticket to DCA instead and spread the wealth.
    Last edited by NineteenTwenty8; 07-31-2012 at 04:31 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    In Al's article he mentions that Disneyland might get 2 new E tickets, I think that is very unnecessary, I think after DL gets its big E ticket for its 60th, they should again turn to DCA and give that park something. DL already has an amazing roster of E tickets, more than ANY other Disney park, to add 2 new E tickets back 2 back to an already 'full' park would be going overboard. Give the E ticket to DCA instead and spread the wealth.
    2 more people-eating E-tickets is an extreme necessity in Disneyland.

And don't think that just because Disneyland will be getting attention in the next few years means that DCA won't get anything. There are very solid plans to spruce up a few areas in DCA while Disneyland receives its additions.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    2 more people-eating E-tickets is an extreme necessity in Disneyland.

And don't think that just because Disneyland will be getting attention in the next few years means that DCA won't get anything. There are very solid plans to spruce up a few areas in DCA while Disneyland receives its additions.
    The only part of DCA 2.0 that has disappointed me was the fact that you can clearly see the blue sky mural on the Hyperion from Carthay Circle. Especially now that the Hollywood sign is gone. I also do not like the brown pedestools where the sign used to sit. I just dont feel they fit the Carthay/BVS area very well. So if DCA gets some sprucing up soon, I think they need to start with those.

So in short,put a realistic facade on Hyperion, and do something with those pedastools at the entrance of Hollywoodland. Id also like to see the CA Screamin queue totally re-done.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by litoljon View Post
    Where were they planning to place the Drive-in restaurant in Cars land?
    My guess would be somewhere on the walk from Luigi's Flying Tires to Flick's Fun Fair.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    The next Disneyland E ticket WILL BE A MARVEL attraction, come to terms with it, its going to happen. Im guessing probably Ironman or Avengers.

Just love the attitude......

Do you have facts that the next E-Ticket will be Marvel?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Tron was an idea at one time, but now Marvel is the hot ticket at WDI. Tron is going to another park.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Just love the attitude......

Do you have facts that the next E-Ticket will be Marvel?
    Marvel is a gold mine, Iger has already publicly stated that he really wants Marvel integrated into the parks. All the signs point to Tomorrowland getting the next attraction. Id be VERY surprised if its not Marvel. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Time will tell.

Tron was a disappointment for Disney, they are not gonna pass up Marvel (which rakes in billions) for something Tron (that didnt perform to expectations). Its not going to happen.

You forgot the possible comeback of The electrical parade

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

You forgot the possible removal of FNSV and Autopia.

Disney has to choose Marvel over Tron simply from a monetary standpoint. Tron: Legacy made a respectable $400 Million over a $170 budget during it's run. The Avengers, just one of Marvel's films, has made nearly $1.5 Billion and it isn't even done yet. I think the entirety of the Marvel Studios films have made $4 Billion at the box office since 2008, and there are already half a dozen more Marvel films in production at the moment: Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man, etc. Point is Marvel makes more money than Tron, and Disney is in the business of making money.

Normally I would argue that Marvel has no place in a themed land of tomorrow, but Tomorrowland hasn't represented the future for over thirty years. Now it's just the dumping spot for rides with a lot of neon and 3D.

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast