Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    asking here..now that DCA is somewhat done, is there a good chance for the Food and wine festival to come back..or was 2011 the final one?

Actually the last on was in 2010 I believe! And they might hold off a year since DCA is so busy and might not need special events to pull in crowds for Disneylands "Slow Season". But I'm sure if the Food and Wine Festival doesn't come back this year, It'll be the next. At least in one form or another.

Thank you for the photos Ron W!

Not sure if this had been mentioned somewhere

Disney California Adventure Park Named

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not sure if this had been mentioned somewhere

Disney California Adventure Park Named

Disney California Adventure Park Named ‘2012 Park of the Year’ by Amusement Today

I don't know if it's the park of the year but it is the "turn around" story of the decade.

• Banned User

With all the talk about a remaking tomorrowland, a frontierland expansion or even possible third gate, it doesnt look like ANY of that will be happening any time soon. And by soon, i mean starting before 2015. I just read a recent interview with jay Rasulo talking about a dramatic decrease in capitol expenditures and stated that the next project after the WDW Fantasyland expansion would indeed be Avatarland for Animal Kingdom. He then said expenditures would also be focussed on finishing up Shanghai DL by 2015.
    I guess this also puts to rest the speculation that Carsland for Hollywood Studios was replacing Avatarland as the major project to counter Universal potter expansion.
    Kind of dissappointing to know DL resort it going to see any expansion like resort hotels, DVC, DtD, or theme park expansion for possibly quite a long time. I was realy hoping that Disney would see the possibilies in Anaheim with the success of DCA and genuinely begin plans to expand it into a bonafide destination resort.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Please no Avatar. Please.

Oh well, if this be true, it just cements the notion that I will never be visiting the Florida parks anytime soon. Yuck.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    With all the talk about a remaking tomorrowland, a frontierland expansion or even possible third gate, it doesnt look like ANY of that will be happening any time soon. And by soon, i mean starting before 2015. I just read a recent interview with jay Rasulo talking about a dramatic decrease in capitol expenditures and stated that the next project after the WDW Fantasyland expansion would indeed be Avatarland for Animal Kingdom. He then said expenditures would also be focussed on finishing up Shanghai DL by 2015.
    I guess this also puts to rest the speculation that Carsland for Hollywood Studios was replacing Avatarland as the major project to counter Universal potter expansion.
    Kind of dissappointing to know DL resort it going to see any expansion like resort hotels, DVC, DtD, or theme park expansion for possibly quite a long time. I was realy hoping that Disney would see the possibilies in Anaheim with the success of DCA and genuinely begin plans to expand it into a bonafide destination resort.
    Carsland in DHS, or replacing Avatarland as WDW next big expansion is a very weakly based rumor. It's all based on one official thing. Kathy Magnum of Immagineering has a new position after building Carsland, Head of all resort projects in WDW. So people built this rumor on if she did it once she is doing it again in the park that needs it. Talk about grasping at straws. She isn't in charge of DHS, or AK, she is overseeing thier leaders.

Also regarding what Jay Rasulo said, it's well known that nothing else huge is firmly planned. A single attraction, hotel are not huge on the grand scale of things. New lands and parks are.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Please no Avatar. Please.
    Sorry it was announced over 1 year ago.

• film975

The Avatar project was announced. But we haven't heard anything about it since then. Nor has Disney released any concept art about it. And I find that really odd. One rumor I heard was that the deal with James Cameron was falling through.

People i have spoken with say that is not true, The AVatar project is moving along and the reason for no artwork or further announcement is because they are still working on land development and early attraction blu sky.

The project is not due to get started for quite a few months so no need to announce information on it at the moment. Their focus right now is to advertise the multi million dollar fantasyland update.

A further announcement for Avatar will most likely come next year when a construction timeline is finalized

• Banned User

It has been confirmed by multiple execs as coming and most recently by jay Rasulo. This isnt a rumor anymore. Its coming.

• Still lost in Neverland

If I may ask a Question. Why all the hatred toward Avatar? It was an amazing movie. I loved it. Indian Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye is NOT a Disney movie or franchise of any kind. Neither is Star Tours. But nobody has a problem with these 2 Non Disney attractions. Just what is the problem here. I am just curious. I don't think we will ever get Avatar at Disneyland anyway as there is just not the room for something that big.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    If I may ask a Question. Why all the hatred toward Avatar? It was an amazing movie. I loved it. Indian Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye is NOT a Disney movie or franchise of any kind. Neither is Star Tours. But nobody has a problem with these 2 Non Disney attractions. Just what is the problem here. I am just curious. I don't think we will ever get Avatar at Disneyland anyway as there is just not the room for something that big.
    That's a fair question. Personally, I felt like Avatar was a really unoriginal movie. I understand that it is considered a breakthrough in CGI, but it lacked in heart, memorable characters, and an original plot line (Pocahontas, anyone?). Disney has always been about storytelling and making you have an emotional reaction to their movies, and I did not get that from Avatar. It doesn't bother me that Indiana Jones and Star Wars are represented in the parks because those films have characters that are memorable and stories that are unique. I guess, to put it simply, Avatar doesn't seem like it fits in with Disney.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.26.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 17

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    For the record many people still have problems with Star Tours and Indiana Jones being in the parks. The problem with Avatar is, like the idea of Cars Land in DHS, it does not fit with the theme of the park. Blue imaginary aliens have nothing to do with a park dedicated to natures realm. It vaguely fits theme because of the conservation ideals that it portrays, but the violence, explosions, and death destroy any chance of it fitting right in with the rest of DAK. Add in the fact that it is the final nail in the coffin for Beastly Kingdom (an idea that many in the fan community love) and Avatar was destined to be despised from the start. Could it, like Star Tours and Indi, be done with enough detail and quality to silence the haters a bit? Yes and I hope it does. But is it likely that everyone will forgive the decision to put it in DAK in the first place? Nope.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    DCA just finished a huge expansion. You need to remember 2015 is just 3 years away, and they have what, 5 other parks with one on the way? Disneyland does need special attention, but not at the moment.

Last edited by Chesire; 09-25-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Well, Disney has actually confirmed it....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast