Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Coming November 12 Through January 6 « Disney Parks Blog
Here’s a look at what’s in store this year!
At Disney California Adventure park:
- Buena Vista Street will be decked out in vintage-style ornaments and décor.
- In Cars Land, each address along Route 66 – Flo’s V-8 Café, Fillmore’s Taste-In, the Cozy Cone Motel, Luigi’s Casa della Tires – will feature holiday decorations reflecting the personality of the “Cars” character who lives there.
- New wintertime fun will rock the night at Mad T Party.
- Returning favorites will include “a bug’s land” holiday decor and “Phineas and Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party: Holiday Edition.”
At Disneyland park:
- Santa’s Holly Jolly Jamboree in Big Thunder Ranch is where Disneyland park guests can meet Santa Claus and participate in games, music and crafts.
- Candlelight Ceremony and Processional performances from December 3-20 will be open to Annual Passholders and guests who book select dining packages.
- Returning favorites include: Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle, “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks show, “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, “it’s a small world” holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
so no holiday WOC :/ other then that same as most years with the addition of DCA decorations.
with all the construction at the park it made me think how much of the park will be utilized for filming which is starting in November for the new movie "saving Mr. Banks"
Quite a few areas have also changed drastically since 1961, it will be interesting how accurate the Disneyland portion of the movie will be shown and how much of it will be recreated digitally.
Main street is pretty much the same and the slight changes will go unnoticed by most but Fantasyland has changed drastically and the script calls for scenes shot in some of those attraction especially the Carousel
Don't know if anybody has seen this, but here's a little more insight, from a trusted source, into the upcoming Christmas season at DCA. It also talks a bit on why there was no Halloween treatment.
Blue Sky Disney: Know Flakes...
Am I the only one who is ECSTATIC to walk through BVS during Christmas!? An opulent jazz aged Christmas complete with a Department store Santa...just PERFECT! One thing that has me "huh-ing" is the mention of color theming on the Cadillac Range...uh hopefully that means making them look snow capped, not decking them in vibrant shades of green and red.
it reminds me of this..
Am I the only person who would still LOVE to see a downsized version of The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in Hollywoodland? I think it would work so well. lol
Here is a pic of Pizza Port's new color scheme thanks to MintCrocodile... Personally I'm not a fan. https://twitter.com/MintCrocodile/st...357888/photo/1
that's one of the best things Disney has done in a wild. Reminds me of Tomorrowland 67.
I like the colors!!!
Pizza Port's colors are an improvement over what was there before, but why make them to match TL '98's color scheme rather than the more recent look they've been trying to go for?