Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263348 ... LastLast

• film975

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    There is a rumor that Beauty and the Beast in WDW will be replaced by Tangled show. It could be that, but another rumor is that it will be a fab 4 show.
    It will be interesting to see what they finally put in there. Part of me wishes they would enclose the theater and put Mickey's PhilharMagic in there. That would be the perfect location right next to Toontown.

• Under that tree again!

Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Coming November 12 Through January 6 « Disney Parks Blog

Here’s a look at what’s in store this year!
    At Disney California Adventure park:

At Disneyland park:

• Minion

so no holiday WOC :/ other then that same as most years with the addition of DCA decorations.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

with all the construction at the park it made me think how much of the park will be utilized for filming which is starting in November for the new movie "saving Mr. Banks"
    Quite a few areas have also changed drastically since 1961, it will be interesting how accurate the Disneyland portion of the movie will be shown and how much of it will be recreated digitally.

Main street is pretty much the same and the slight changes will go unnoticed by most but Fantasyland has changed drastically and the script calls for scenes shot in some of those attraction especially the Carousel

• film975

Nice to know that Buena Vista Street and Cars Land will have Christmas decorations this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    with all the construction at the park it made me think how much of the park will be utilized for filming which is starting in November for the new movie "saving Mr. Banks"
    Quite a few areas have also changed drastically since 1961, it will be interesting how accurate the Disneyland portion of the movie will be shown and how much of it will be recreated digitally.

Main street is pretty much the same and the slight changes will go unnoticed by most but Fantasyland has changed drastically and the script calls for scenes shot in some of those attraction especially the Carousel
    Mr. Hanks himself was able to get away with using modern Disneyland as a stand in for the 1960's in That Thing You Do. They had the Bass Player ride the Matterhorn. And they used the Mickey and Goofy costumes from the 1960's as well. It will be interesting to see how Mr. Hank's portrayal of Walt turns out.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Don't know if anybody has seen this, but here's a little more insight, from a trusted source, into the upcoming Christmas season at DCA. It also talks a bit on why there was no Halloween treatment.

Blue Sky Disney: Know Flakes...

Am I the only one who is ECSTATIC to walk through BVS during Christmas!? An opulent jazz aged Christmas complete with a Department store Santa...just PERFECT! One thing that has me "huh-ing" is the mention of color theming on the Cadillac Range...uh hopefully that means making them look snow capped, not decking them in vibrant shades of green and red.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Am I the only one who is ECSTATIC to walk through BVS during Christmas!? An opulent jazz aged Christmas complete with a Department store Santa...just PERFECT! One thing that has me "huh-ing" is the mention of color theming on the Cadillac Range...uh hopefully that means making them look snow capped, not decking them in vibrant shades of green and red.
    Hah I can see it already, the mountains glowing with christmas colors to the tune of Jingle Bells

it reminds me of this..

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Am I the only person who would still LOVE to see a downsized version of The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in Hollywoodland? I think it would work so well. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    Am I the only person who would still LOVE to see a downsized version of The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in Hollywoodland? I think it would work so well. lol
    I'd take it over Mad T Party, but I would take Stitch's great escape over Mad T Party. The park needs to stop cloning other offerings from parks however. DCA is already similar enought to DHS (and there is rumors of Cars Land making its way east). Why can't the parks just all offer unique experiences? Besides that Hollywoodland needs to enforce its new theme, not throw it out the window even further.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    I agree.

Disney can do so much more for Christmas. Oh well glad they are decorating Carsland and BVS at least.

• Addicted to Disney

Here is a pic of Pizza Port's new color scheme thanks to MintCrocodile... Personally I'm not a fan. https://twitter.com/MintCrocodile/st...357888/photo/1

that's one of the best things Disney has done in a wild. Reminds me of Tomorrowland 67.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I like the colors!!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Disneyland History Lover

Pizza Port's colors are an improvement over what was there before, but why make them to match TL '98's color scheme rather than the more recent look they've been trying to go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I'd take it over Mad T Party, but I would take Stitch's great escape over Mad T Party. The park needs to stop cloning other offerings from parks however. DCA is already similar enought to DHS (and there is rumors of Cars Land making its way east). Why can't the parks just all offer unique experiences? Besides that Hollywoodland needs to enforce its new theme, not throw it out the window even further.
    At least we didn't get the Sorcerer's hat. I would have gone off the deep end if that had happened. I agree that we need to stop cloning rides and make each park special. The guests in Florida for some reason think that Cars Land would be a quick build. We know that it took 5 years to build it here. Don't even get me started on Stitch.