Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627283550 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 969
  1. #361

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    82

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Looks like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree installed the side padding inside the trailers as evident in Mint's tweet from this morning

    Pic of padding inside Mater's trailers

  2. #362

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    201

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    It looks like it belongs in Star Trek The Next Generation.
    To me the sign font looks like the same font they use for Bubbleyum Bubble Gum.

  3. #363

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    1,024

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Yes, this was more or less confirmed by one of the other websites. Garlands are coming.
    It was actually first reported on and confirmed by this website, in yesterday's Dateline Disneyland column. Al Lutz had this to say about the new poles... http://micechat.com/13349-cars-land-changes/

    "A second line of telephone poles has been installed along Route 66. These were designed by Disneyland’s decorating department, with heavy input from Pixar and WDI, so that a full treatment of Christmas garland can be strung down the entire street. TDA is sparing no expense for the first holiday season in Cars Land. The extra poles were installed a few weeks early in case there were any first year problems to overcome. They’ll be removed in January with the rest of the decorations, and then reappear next November just ahead of the garland."
    Am I the only Micechatter who actually reads the major columns on Miceage? It seems like there's always a big gap there, where folks on Micechat don't know what Miceage has already said about the things they are speculating about here.

  4. #364

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    It was actually first reported on and confirmed by this website, in yesterday's Dateline Disneyland column. Al Lutz had this to say about the new poles... Cars Land changes underway as Gay Days brings thousands to Disneyland



    Am I the only Micechatter who actually reads the major columns on Miceage? It seems like there's always a big gap there, where folks on Micechat don't know what Miceage has already said about the things they are speculating about here.
    My Bad. I was in a rush and didn't take the time and give AL the credit about where I head read the information.

  5. #365

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,485

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Stop planned next to the Pumba lot.

    Anaheim considers adding streetcars near Disneyland | anaheim, city, streetcars - News - The Orange County Register

    "The streetcar tracks would be built along Katella Avenue between Douglass Road and Haster Street and along Harbor Boulevard, between Disney Way and Convention Center Drive. The streetcars would run in the far-right lanes of city streets and would run amid car traffic."


  6. #366

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Stop planned next to the Pumba lot.

    Anaheim considers adding streetcars near Disneyland | anaheim, city, streetcars - News - The Orange County Register

    "The streetcar tracks would be built along Katella Avenue between Douglass Road and Haster Street and along Harbor Boulevard, between Disney Way and Convention Center Drive. The streetcars would run in the far-right lanes of city streets and would run amid car traffic."

    Very interesting plan. I wonder if Disney will be required to put forth some money to get the system installed.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  7. #367

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,485

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Very interesting plan. I wonder if Disney will be required to put forth some money to get the system installed.
    I think that is a possibility based on them having a simple way to move guests and CMs from remote parking to the resort area. Also the stop at the corner of Katella and Haster could be where the entry of the third gate could be located. This could be how guests will hop from DL/DCA to the 3rd gate.

  8. #368

    • Disney/WWE/Anime fan
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Just read about Disney getting sued for the marvel copyrights..guess Marvel may never show up in the parks at this point or the future

  9. #369

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Interesting story of the possibility of paper tickets being replaced with electronic bands

    Disney Parks Reportedly Eying 'Magic Band' for Customer Entry - ABC News

  10. #370

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,485

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    Just read about Disney getting sued for the marvel copyrights..guess Marvel may never show up in the parks at this point or the future

    Regarding the Stan Lee company sueing Disney for back pay and enforceing rights to the Marvel chracters, it's likely to be thrown out. They have already lost similar cases, prooving they don't have the right to those characters.

  11. #371

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    82

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Mint posted a pictorial post on his blog

    Brackets have appeared on the new poles that were recently installed in Cars Land. Looks like they may be used for garland strung across the street



    Cloudy Side of the Day at the Disneyland Resort

  12. #372

    • Johnny and Me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    23 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Wreck-It Ralph meet-and-greet walls are up:


  13. #373

    • JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Has anyone seen the pics and video of New Fantasyland at WDW. WDW did not cheap out for once. Every bit as nice an effort as Carsland or BVS in its execution.

    The exterior of Mermaid amazing. There is an a grotto area where Ariel can be met in mermaid form like the old meet / greet at DL. The LM ride inside is the same but there are a few small tweaks. Triton at the end has plasticky hair which looks much better. The cardboard Ursula who dies at the end has some enhanced lighting and effects which works better than ours. Finally, Tritons castle and some nice dramatic lighting can be sen on the wall as you enter the under the sea room. All of these little pluses are for the better. Hope we get them too in the next rehab.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

  14. #374

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    Has anyone seen the pics and video of New Fantasyland at WDW. WDW did not cheap out for once. Every bit as nice an effort as Carsland or BVS in its execution.

    The exterior of Mermaid amazing. There is an a grotto area where Ariel can be met in mermaid form like the old meet / greet at DL. The LM ride inside is the same but there are a few small tweaks. Triton at the end has plasticky hair which looks much better. The cardboard Ursula who dies at the end has some enhanced lighting and effects which works better than ours. Finally, Tritons castle and some nice dramatic lighting can be sen on the wall as you enter the under the sea room. All of these little pluses are for the better. Hope we get them too in the next rehab.
    Well technically speaking, copying the R&D for TLM ride from TDA, copying the R&D from the Dwarf coaster from Shanghaii, closing a dark ride for a much cheaper to maintain M&G, putting in a play area instead of a ride, putting in 2 meet and greets (that take up a lot of space) instead of rides, and calling it "the biggest expansion for the Magic Kingdom" and yet they did not include one single e-ticket are all examples of where they cheaped out on it. However, the level of detail for the area is unsurpassed in WDW. It does really look astoundingly beautiful. I give WDI credit for doing an amazing job.

    The fact that TDO has not added a new e-ticket to WDW since Splash Mountain opened in 1989 is a little bit of a concern to me. In both WDW and DLR, the magic kingdom parks have been neglected in terms of e-ticket attractions for a very long time. The Magic Kingdom parks are the ones they market most, and yet they have actually added the least amount of highest level attractions in the last 20 years. Stunning that no one ever seems to call them out on not including an e-ticket in the biggest expansion of the magic kingdom.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  15. #375

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth
    Posts
    210

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by xsdesign View Post
    What's going on in DCA tonight?
    Overnight a new hedge has appeared in front
    Apparently the sidewalks in front weren't level and therefore not ADA compliant. So now they must completely redo the sidewalks.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3917
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 03:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •