Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293651 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Well technically speaking, copying the R&D for TLM ride from TDA, copying the R&D from the Dwarf coaster from Shanghaii, closing a dark ride for a much cheaper to maintain M&G, putting in a play area instead of a ride, putting in 2 meet and greets (that take up a lot of space) instead of rides, and calling it "the biggest expansion for the Magic Kingdom" and yet they did not include one single e-ticket are all examples of where they cheaped out on it. However, the level of detail for the area is unsurpassed in WDW. It does really look astoundingly beautiful. I give WDI credit for doing an amazing job.

The fact that TDO has not added a new e-ticket to WDW since Splash Mountain opened in 1989 is a little bit of a concern to me. In both WDW and DLR, the magic kingdom parks have been neglected in terms of e-ticket attractions for a very long time. The Magic Kingdom parks are the ones they market most, and yet they have actually added the least amount of highest level attractions in the last 20 years. Stunning that no one ever seems to call them out on not including an e-ticket in the biggest expansion of the magic kingdom.
    Expedition Everest isn't a E-ticket?

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Expedition Everest isn't a E-ticket?
    I think he meant in the Magic Kingdom.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I think he meant in the Magic Kingdom.
    Oops.. You are correct I meant Magic Kingdom not WDW.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    The fact that TDO has not added a new e-ticket to WDW since Splash Mountain opened in 1989 is a little bit of a concern to me. In both WDW and DLR, the magic kingdom parks have been neglected in terms of e-ticket attractions for a very long time. The Magic Kingdom parks are the ones they market most, and yet they have actually added the least amount of highest level attractions in the last 20 years. Stunning that no one ever seems to call them out on not including an e-ticket in the biggest expansion of the magic kingdom.
    At face value it appears that MK was neglected. The fact is MK had great attendance. They added E-Tickets to Epcot to keep its attendance up. They built and expanded DMGM/DHS and DAK. They built where it was needed most.

Likewise in DLR they built DCA, and spent building it up since DL was doing fine and DCA was not.

It's not copying RD to build clones, rides are planned with clones in mind.

• Insomniac

From what I understand though, TDA payed for the development of TLM so TDO's costs will be much lower than the costs that TDA payed. You are correct that many attractions are designed that way, but it still would have been much more creative had they designed an entirely new ride for New fantasyland (and better).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Dateline Disneyland is reporting some refreshing work being done over at the PP Hotel (finally!!)

- Teal color on the exterior of the building being replaced with a blue color. The wave pattern at the top will especially look better. No real structural or design changes. Just a color swap. I never minded the teal, but I like the new blue as well.
    - The inside lobby has some art work updates ( the hideous DCA 1.0 concept art wall paper is going away and so is the art work referencing the "old" version of DCA)
    - The pool deck restrooms and facilities are getting refurbished.

Here is a picture, Andy has many more on his Dateline DL update today:
    http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.co...IMG6673-X2.jpg
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Disneyland > Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    Dateline Disneyland is reporting some refreshing work being done over at the PP Hotel (finally!!)

- Teal color on the exterior of the building being replaced with a blue color. The wave pattern at the top will especially look better. No real structural or design changes. Just a color swap. I never minded the teal, but I like the new blue as well.
    - The inside lobby has some art work updates ( the hideous DCA 1.0 concept art wall paper is going away and so is the art work referencing the "old" version of DCA)
    - The pool deck restrooms and facilities are getting refurbished.

Here is a picture, Andy has many more on his Dateline DL update today:
    http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.co...IMG6673-X2.jpg
    It's about time! I imagine that the PP Hotel will need a full fledged makeover though. There are many places that scream PP 1.0. Maybe something on the scale of the Disneyland Hotel refurbishment could take place to really make the PP hotel match the current PP.
    Marvel + Disney =

• Minion

I really like the new color scheme theirs more bold colors without making it stick out as much good job.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Disney Fanatic

New details regarding BVS and Cars Land Christmas:

Disneyland Details Holiday Festivities at Buena Vista Street, Cars Land - StitchKingdom.com

This summer, the eagerly anticipated additions of Buena Vista Street and Cars Land opened to excited Guests as part of a major expansion at Disney California Adventure Park. Now, those popular areas will undergo a spectacular holiday makeover, meaning that The Happiest Place on Earth Just Got Merrier.Bustling and busy Buena Vista Street, which now welcomes you when you enter Disney California Adventure Park, is themed to a Los Angeles business main street from the 1930s. It re-creates the era when Walt Disney was establishing his world-famous animation studio.

A community Christmas

“For this first holiday celebration, we imagined that all the businesses on Buena Vista Street got together like a chamber of commerce to bring the community together,” explained David Caranci, Manager of Resort Enhancement. “It becomes a matter of civic pride to decorate the street and stores and to erect a huge, 50-foot-tall Christmas tree in the heart of the city as a spot for everyone to join in singing carols.

“Even Mickey and his friends will sport a retro look — how they appeared in the 1930s — to match the rest of the theming on Buena Vista Street. We’ll also have wonderful vintage toys for display under the huge Christmas tree. From a tin robot to a blimp — all sorts of hidden surprises from that time period.”

The bell motif on the garlands and street decorations is continued on the oversize ornaments on the massive Yuletide tree as well. The Buena Vista Street Community Bell Ringers will perform as they wander up and down the street and participate in the evening tree lighting.

Re-creating magical holiday moments

“On the episode entitled ‘Holiday Time at Disneyland’ on ‘Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color’ TV series in 1962, Walt was seen in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle ringing bells and standing beside a group of carolers,” said Carla Carlile, Show Director, Walt Disney Entertainment. “We are very excited to re-create that concept with our own bell ringers in a ring-along, sing-along encouraging our Guests to join in by singing familiar carols and ringing in the season.”

“One of the things that I love about the creative people at The Walt Disney Company is their attention to detail,” said Alan Bruun, Creative Director, Walt Disney Entertainment.

“The amazing people in Resort Enhancement studied what type of trees might have been used during that time period in Los Angeles. The Buena Vista Street tree is completely different from any others in Disney Parks. All the decorations are large-scale replicas of actual decorations that would’ve been on a Los Angeles Christmas tree in the 1930s.”

Underneath the airy tree will be a custom-made 1/16th-size train chugging along with sound and lights through the specially designed gifts, evoking Walt Disney’s love of model trains.

The Citizens of Buena Vista Street, the improvisational performers at the Park, will share in the holiday cheer with Disney California Adventure Park Guests, treating them as if they were residents of the town. Molly the Messenger will have forms for children to fill out to send their letter to Santa.

Speaking of the jolly old elf himself, Mr. Claus will be found in the lavish Elias & Co., a sprawling shop that evokes the grandeur of classic department stores. Just like those fondly remembered stores of yore, Santa will be at his special seat surrounded by his many helpers so that children can share their secret wishes with him.

Getting all revved up for the holidays

Cars Land is celebrating its first Christmas season as well, in an enchanted creative partnership between Resort Enhancement, Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering. “We all came up with some very imaginative answers to the question, ‘How would cars celebrate the holiday season?’” said David.

Look for Snowy the Snow Car, a brand-new automotive holiday friend. He’s the Cars Land version of a snowman. “We have all fallen in love with him already because he is just so endearing,” said David. A nice photo next to this whimsical, seven-foot fellow might be just the thing to include with your holiday cards this year!

Every resident of Cars Land has incorporated their own personality into their holiday decorations. Mater has a nine-foot-tall tree with an arching sparkplug on top as the star. Luigi and Guido added holiday flair to the red, white and green color scheme of their shop—the colors of the Italian flag. Sarge sports a six-foot-tall, red, white and blue tree with a military star on top. And Flo’s nine-foot-tall tree is made out of oil cans!

Around almost every corner of Cars Land, you’ll discover new imaginative decorations and surprises — even the 20-foot-tall tree at the courthouse has a hubcap for every ornament. The courthouse statue of Stanley, the founder of Radiator Springs, is adorned with a Santa hat and a big bag of rims, wheels, accessories and other goodies for all the good residents of Cars Land.

“We’ve never done a land like this before,” David added. “Our Guests won’t see these types of unique decorations anywhere else in any of the Disney Parks.”

Beyond Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, the spirit of the season will also glow throughout Disney California Adventure Park. The lights on Mickey’s Fun Wheel on Paradise Pier will be specially programmed for the holidays. Not far away, good pals Flik, Princess Atta and Princess Dot have decorated “a bug’s land” so it’s crawling with goodwill to men, women — and cute bugs!

The rocking Mad T Party will offer its own holiday spin on its special entertainment repertoire — including a live band and dancers with an icy, cool look for this party in the streets. Don’t be surprised if, just as things start to really heat up, a surprise snowfall doesn’t cool things off for a bit before the fun begins again!

Of course, one of the most acclaimed wonders to appear in recent years is World of Color, the nighttime water spectacular. It’s the festive finale to any day — or several days — of Disney California Adventure fun, but during the holiday season, look for special surprises added especially for this delightful time of year.

“One of the most exciting things for all of us is creating new holiday traditions,” said Alan, echoing the enthusiasm of his fellow Cast Members on the makeover team. “Now there are holiday things to enjoy on our ‘two main streets’ to add to the existing memories traditions at Disneyland Resort.”

Read more: Disneyland Details Holiday Festivities at Buena Vista Street, Cars Land - StitchKingdom.com
    StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

^
    This sounds so awesome...can't wait for the holidays

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by kibia16 View Post
    Love everything about it!
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Minion

Heres a video of Orlandos new mermaid effect in Potc...i honestly wouldnt mind this

• Minion

I actually really like that mermaid effect it isn't over done and sometimes barely noticeable great addition that part in the caves always makes me bored (not trying to offend anyone)

It's a music Celebration
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

I really want this added in the disneyland version. I also would love the update they did a while ago to WDWs haunted mansion ending where you look in the mirrors with the hitch hiking ghosts.

Please stop saying those sorts of things before anyone hears you.