Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1328353637383940414863 ... LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Isn't that pond new?!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Isn't that pond new?!
    It will be. I like how the closer seating queue goes over it. A nice perk since you wait longer in the line than the rear viewing.

Uh....anyone else notice the double door/walls to get in the back? Not saying they will enclose the theater, but that is typically done with an enclosed theater. Like Muppets, Bugs, EO, ect. Also, the fact that there are actual doors in that drawing means there are walls.. right? lol. This drawing confuses me, haha.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    What's up with the concept art/map of the Fantasyland Theater? It makes it look like it will be enclosed? If you look closely you can see doors? And maybe a pond or something? Sorry if this was discussed already.

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.co...MG_4451-X2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    There is a pond that you enter, queue around. I'm not sure but there may be doors. I'm wondering if it will need to be a little darkened to allow for good projection effect. It could be walls upto the canopy, rather than a fully walled with ceiling building.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey11 View Post
    Uh....anyone else notice the double door/walls to get in the back?
    Yes.

^LOL, completely missed those.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey11 View Post
    Uh....anyone else notice the double door/walls to get in the back? Not saying they will enclose the theater, but that is typically done with an enclosed theater. Like Muppets, Bugs, EO, ect. Also, the fact that there are actual doors in that drawing means there are walls.. right? lol. This drawing confuses me, haha.
    Wow, did not notice that. I assumed the chances of them adding a way to darken the space was pretty good with the new show using video screens/projections.

If they do put walls would they be solid or just a fabric that can block out the light like a circus tent?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    If they do put walls would they be solid or just a fabric that can block out the light like a circus tent?
    I'm guessing something solid to support all the doors.

It's funny after watching DCA go up last year from MFW we can't see down into the FLT or FF to know what is behind the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'm guessing something solid to support all the doors.

It's funny after watching DCA go up last year from MFW we can't see down into the FLT or FF to know what is behind the walls.
    Another reason to have some sort of walls go up....3D movie previews like they are doing at the Muppet Vision Theater. Darkened theater=movie previews all day if they wanted too.

• 5 Star

Mint says the Mater floors have been completed on one side.
    https://twitter.com/MintCrocodile/me...94691947286528

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    What's up with the concept art/map of the Fantasyland Theater? It makes it look like it will be enclosed? If you look closely you can see doors? And maybe a pond or something? Sorry if this was discussed already.

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.co...MG_4451-X2.jpg
    I think we should all remember that this rendering is in the Blue Sky Cellar. This could have been an early plan to revamp the Fantasyland Theater facility that wasn't given the green light. I don't know either way for certain, but I would suspect that in order to meet a summer opening date, and at the rate Disney construction moves these days, construction walls would have gone up by now and heavy work would be underway now for the kinds of changes shown in that rendering.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I think we should all remember that this rendering is in the Blue Sky Cellar. This could have been an early plan to revamp the Fantasyland Theater facility that wasn't given the green light. I don't know either way for certain, but I would suspect that in order to meet a summer opening date, and at the rate Disney construction moves these days, construction walls would have gone up by now and heavy work would be underway now for the kinds of changes shown in that rendering.
    Sadly, you are probably right.

• Minion

Just found this video on YouTube. First time I've seen inside the buildings at Fantasy Faire

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    According to one of the replies on the Disney Parks Blog article, the Troubadour Tavern will reopen with the theater, but unless I'm missing something the bsc artwork shows the bathrooms but not the tavern, so that might be more evidence that they are not using the design in bsc.

• Dreamer

Quick question: What exactly are they re-theming about the Fantasyland Theater? All I've seen so far is the bird's view plan from the Blue Sky Cellar. Are there any elevation plans floating about?

Two very important topics cross my mind. One:

The return of the MSEP. Will it ever return back to CA at Disneyland's base?

Two:
    Is Fantasy Faire expected to be like some giant meet and greet that will eventually leak out into the fantasy Theater productions?