Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Has anyone else had eyes into the BTMR project lately? I will be heading to DL this thurs. to do some snooping around. All I've seen lately is a lot of crane movement. Hmm

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreak9219 View Post
    Has anyone else had eyes into the BTMR project lately? I will be heading to DL this thurs. to do some snooping around. All I've seen lately is a lot of crane movement. Hmm
    They have been using that crane to remove the old coaster's track piece by piece. DisneyParks blog announced recently that Rainbow Ridge isn't going anywhere. It's just being refurbished.

Rainbow Ridge Mining Town to be Refurbished During Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Update at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    According to one of the replies on the Disney Parks Blog article, the Troubadour Tavern will reopen with the theater, but unless I'm missing something the bsc artwork shows the bathrooms but not the tavern, so that might be more evidence that they are not using the design in bsc.
    That is an interesting observation. It may be or not. They may not want people bringing foor into the theater. The queue in the photo of the design kinds of runs through the tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    Quick question: What exactly are they re-theming about the Fantasyland Theater? All I've seen so far is the bird's view plan from the Blue Sky Cellar. Are there any elevation plans floating about?
    I don't think so. It seems all we have is the BSC picture and some pictures of the stage. http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.co...MG_4451-X2.jpg

Two very important topics cross my mind. One:

The return of the MSEP. Will it ever return back to CA at Disneyland's base?

Two:
    Is Fantasy Faire expected to be like some giant meet and greet that will eventually leak out into the fantasy Theater productions?
    1. Nobody knows, some speculation is that it's more likely to go in the trash then be shipped back to DLR.

2. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Fantasy Faire is going to have a new design, meet and greet building. It's also going to have other meet and greets. The Fantasyland Theater is going to be hosting a new show, Mickey and the Magical Map.

Hopefully RonW posts an update tomorrow. There have been pictures of track coming in and out by crane. There is not a ton of scaffhold but that may come after the track is replaced. Mainly the problem is access to the construction area is very limited by a fence and trees to get good views into the area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Hopefully RonW posts an update tomorrow. There have been pictures of track coming in and out by crane. There is not a ton of scaffhold but that may come after the track is replaced. Mainly the problem is access to the construction area is very limited by a fence and trees to get good views into the area.
    Nothing from me, I'm busy this weekend, next weekend too. Hopefully Andy will have everything covered.

On Mint's blog from Feb 1, he posted a few pics.

What appears to be the El Dorado Hotel is now just a frame

The track over by the goat and dynamite has been removed

More can be seen on his Magic Eye blog

• Minion

So does anyone know why WOC is not showing this Monday and Tuesday it's not on the website two day refurb?

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    So does anyone know why WOC is not showing this Monday and Tuesday it's not on the website two day refurb?
    It's having a number of weeks off during the weekdays to be worked on.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Mischief Managed

Blog Entries

I thought this was kind of a big deal. The left side of the castle now has green lighting. I like it. Looks more like the Wonderful World of Disney.

I feel like they added some subtle yellow lighting to the spires also.

• film975

So did anyone catch the Golden Horseshoe Revue during its last day today? I attended the 12:30 showing. And when Miss Lilly asked if we missed her... someone in the audience shouted: "Don't leave!"
    Last edited by film975; 02-04-2013 at 08:31 PM.

• New Member Goes Forth

I know this has been mentioned in this weeks Dateline Disneyland, but the Fantasy Faire will open on the 28th March 2013. It is amazing how quick this has progessed, especially with the Blue Sky Cellar having just opened with a new exhibit. Maybe, there will be more about the new stage show. I don't know when this will open, but maybe in June.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    the Fantasy Faire will open on the 28th March 2013.
    March 12th.

Mint's latest blog post has pictures of the Rapunzel tower in the Fantasy Faire square

and some other details around Fantasy Faire

I am looking forward to see how this all turns out next month.

pics courtesy of MintCrocodile and his Magic Eye Blog

• New Member Goes Forth

Thanks for the correction Swampymarsh. Thinking of the opening of the extention at the Bluebell Railway in the UK. march looks very busy for me.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Future Imagineer

• film975

Looking forward to seeing the glowing effect on Tangled Tower after Fantasy Faire opens next month.

Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast