Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    I agree, I have never been against Princess Fantasy Faire as a concept, my big issue is (and has always been) where they have decided to put it. I just dread the idea of thousands of strollers cluttering the castle area.
    I believe the actual name of the project is Fantasy Faire Village. The Princess meet-and-greet is just located there. You can visit the village without having to interact with any princesses.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    The reason I think Disney won't be doing this is the fact that they want to leave the area open JUST in case one day they decide to put a ride/subland there

It's a BIG area and I think Disney wants to puts shows on but if they putting a new Fantasyland subarea in would draw people then I'm sure they would do so
    Look at it this way. You can take a show with 1,500 seats run it every other 30 minutes and it will have more capacity than the similiar sized area next to it with Casey Jr., Dumbo and the canal boats. Shows are how parks with few rides have the capacity to handle crowds, look at Epcot, DHS and DAK as examples of this.

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    I'm the reverse. Disagree entirely with the concept (waste to have elaborate Meet and Greet's, just have characters walk around), but location is great. Anything is better than what they have had there the past 15 years.
    When you build elaborate meet and greets it also increases park capacity. You can not stick 4 princesses with 50 people waiting for each in the pathways. That would just increase congestion and make a general worse experience for everyone. Mickey's House often has a wait rivaling Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, all hidden in the air conditioned house, not wrapping around the fountain out front.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    When you build elaborate meet and greets it also increases park capacity. You can not stick 4 princesses with 50 people waiting for each in the pathways. That would just increase congestion and make a general worse experience for everyone. Mickey's House often has a wait rivaling Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, all hidden in the air conditioned house, not wrapping around the fountain out front.
    Yes, you are correct. I may not like purpose built Meet and Greet's, but they are a necessary evil at this point (like strollers!). Which is why I like the location of it so much, they stuck it in a corner of the park that was never used and is too small to fit in a ride anyway. It also fits well with the castle wall that has always been there (for all the people who mysteriously thought that it broke with the surrounding facades). It was a good decision on WDI's part, which is why I've been always behind it.

But I still think the magic of meeting characters is that they are walking around the park, like they inhabit the place, and this feeling is lost when you have to queue for it.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    Yes, you are correct. I may not like purpose built Meet and Greet's, but they are a necessary evil at this point (like strollers!). Which is why I like the location of it so much, they stuck it in a corner of the park that was never used and is too small to fit in a ride anyway. It also fits well with the castle wall that has always been there (for all the people who mysteriously thought that it broke with the surrounding facades). It was a good decision on WDI's part, which is why I've been always behind it.

But I still think the magic of meeting characters is that they are walking around the park, like they inhabit the place, and this feeling is lost when you have to queue for it.
    Interestingly, that Castle wall was there to contain Fantasyland, not be a means for which to expand it.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

the Pixar planes rumor sounds interesting..if the rumor turns out to be true

as for the Hatbox ghost.. seems funny or weird he has a scuplture in World of disney yet hes not a exisiting ghost in the mansion.. hopefully he returns and not stalling the return due to the new film

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Interestingly, that Castle wall was there to contain Fantasyland, not be a means for which to expand it.
    Perhaps they are planning this similar to the new FLE in Florida -- with the town/forest village located outside the castle walls. Meaning it is outside the castle walls but still contained within the Fantasy theme.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Sorry for my ignorance, but could someone post a picture of the castle wall in Carnation Plaza Gardens that is being discussed? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but could someone post a picture of the castle wall in Carnation Plaza Gardens that is being discussed? I don't think I've ever seen it.
    The latest "In-The-Park" report has some pics Disneyland Innoventions to be demolished, what about the PeopleMover?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    The wall is going behind it. The Fantasy Faire area is in near the end of the wall extending out from it. In the pictures below you can see the wall in the back.

New Entertainment Experiences Coming to Fantasyland at Disneyland Park in 2013

posted on August 2nd, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

We have some exciting news to share today! The Creative Entertainment team is hard at work on a spectacular live entertainment experience for the Fantasyland Theatre in Disneyland park. This amazing new show is set to debut in summer 2013. In order to get everything ready, Princess Fantasy Faire will be closing August 12.
    Of course, you can still meet your favorite Disney Princesses whenever you visit Fantasyland. You’ll be able to find them along the path to “it’s a small world” from August 13 through the opening of the all-new Fantasy Faire near Sleeping Beauty Castle next spring.
    Here’s a look at the Walt Disney Imagineering model for Fantasy Faire, and keep checking back with the Disney Parks Blog. We’ll be sharing more details about this project and the new Fantasyland Theatre show as they develop.

• Hello Dolly.

The area looks great!!!!

Glad they are putting this dead area to good use.
    & allowing them to use the theater for shows =D

• Shablagoo!

At his presentation at the Pacific Northwest MouseMeet yesterday Tony Baxter showed us some art for a cool little detail in the Princess Fantasy Faire. There will be an animatronic Figaro that sleeps on a window sil, and will wake up from time to time to watch a bird in a cage.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

This is a bit off topic but not. Disney has set the bar for fireworks around the world, designing some of the most spectacular shows! However, every year in Vancouver BC Canada, there is a fireworks festival called Celebration of Light. A festival where several countries compete for best show! This year was Vietnam, Brazil, and Italy.

Unfortunately I could not attend the shows this year, but found a video of Italy's show which I think all Disney fans must see! I was BLOWN AWAY. I think this is giving Disney a run for its money here! What do you think? I think Disney needs to step up now and create a NEW spectacular show! Hopefully for the 60th.

Part 1:

Part 2:

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Still lost in Neverland

That is just insane. I can't imagine what that one show cost but I bet it's more than a whole year of fireworks for Disneyland and WDW combined. A show like that would send the neighbors into lawsuit mode within a heartbeat, but it would be something cool if done on a slightly smaller scale and with Disney music. Spectacular show!
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I love my city, oh Vancouver

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    At his presentation at the Pacific Northwest MouseMeet yesterday Tony Baxter showed us some art for a cool little detail in the Princess Fantasy Faire. There will be an animatronic Figaro that sleeps on a window sil, and will wake up from time to time to watch a bird in a cage.
    That is great! I heard he also commented on the state of the People Mover.

I know the crew from Mousetalgia was there, so I am looking forward to hearing a report on the event.

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567142954 ... LastLast