Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17323940414243444552 ... LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

The managment said right from the get go that Swing Dancing will not come back into the park. It doesn't generate any $$ for the Park. I think they would be happy. They now don't have to pay to get into the highest costing dance place in History. Outside in the Downtown Disney area its free.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The managment said right from the get go that Swing Dancing will not come back into the park. It doesn't generate any $$ for the Park. I think they would be happy. They now don't have to pay to get into the highest costing dance place in History. Outside in the Downtown Disney area its free.
    ...because the atmosphere of Downtown Disney is just as nice as Disneyland, right? Going by that logic, why should anyone be paying to get into Disneyland at all when they could just go to Downtown Disney for free?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    ...because the atmosphere of Downtown Disney is just as nice as Disneyland, right? Going by that logic, why should anyone be paying to get into Disneyland at all when they could just go to Downtown Disney for free?
    No offense but thats some crazy logic there. People don't pay to go to DL to swing dance, they pay to enjoy the attractions in the park. DTD is for shopping, food and entertainment only, which now includes Satuday night swing dancing.

And swing dancing was a nice priveledge the park gave, not a right! It was certainly nice they let that area open for people, but they found something new with it that can appeal more than a few dozen people on a Saturday night. And on top of that they still have a place to go at DTD which actually IS a nice atmosphere. And I been there when they do the dancing and A. Its WAY more fun to watch since they actually have an audience, a real audience to watch and its super busy since people now stop and watch them! B. Yes, now its free! I mean you dont have to worry about paying if you just want to go dancing for a few hours. I think thats the better deal.

Sure I get it was special at DL, but the reality is that was something that was only done for a very tiny minority of people who will still be able to dance. If people decide not to go to the park anymore because they cant swing dance, thats fine, but the park can't please everyone all the time.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    No offense but thats some crazy logic there. People don't pay to go to DL to swing dance, they pay to enjoy the attractions in the park. DTD is for shopping, food and entertainment only, which now includes Satuday night swing dancing.

And swing dancing was a nice priveledge the park gave, not a right! It was certainly nice they let that area open for people, but they found something new with it that can appeal more than a few dozen people on a Saturday night. And on top of that they still have a place to go at DTD which actually IS a nice atmosphere. And I been there when they do the dancing and A. Its WAY more fun to watch since they actually have an audience, a real audience to watch and its super busy since people now stop and watch them! B. Yes, now its free! I mean you dont have to worry about paying if you just want to go dancing for a few hours. I think thats the better deal.

Sure I get it was special at DL, but the reality is that was something that was only done for a very tiny minority of people who will still be able to dance. If people decide not to go to the park anymore because they cant swing dance, thats fine, but the park can't please everyone all the time.
    This! It WAS a nice offering at Disneyland but now Disney has found a better use for the space. DTD is meant to be a entertainment and shopping district so Swing Dancing makes perfect sense in DTD. Anything that gives DTD more life so that we don't require a WDW style DTD rethink is a good thing. DTD is slowly becoming the very charming area that it was meant to be back in 2001. Dancing on Saturday nights can only help to enhance that. I personally would rather see more entertainment spread out over to DTD to help keep the parks a little less crowded than in the parks.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Sock Puppet

No offense but thats some crazy logic there.
    I guess I won't be offended then.

People don't pay to go to DL to swing dance
    Actually there were, in fact, people who did just that.

And on top of that they still have a place to go at DTD which actually IS a nice atmosphere.
    That's a matter of opinion and I don't happen to share your opinion.

• Sock Puppet

Also, I think the idea that people only pay for admission into Disneyland to experience the attractions rather than to enjoy the atmosphere is pretty bogus. For more on that look up Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris... as well as Disney's California Adventure.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I agree with the other users. I am glad the swing dancing still exists, think it should go to DCA.. But I am not terribly saddened that it's no longer in Disneyland. I can see the charm of having it in the park, the feeling it would give the dancers... But things change, attractions close or are replaced. In this case, I feel the swing dancing and carnation gardens have been replaced with a worthy and well themed new area that many will get enjoyment out of for 55 more years, until a thread is made, just like this, about people being outraged they are removing the fantasy faire for a new addition..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Dave

Blog Entries

DO we have a date on when Thunder mountain. Will come thundering back into Disneyland?
    Dave

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Also, I think the idea that people only pay for admission into Disneyland to experience the attractions rather than to enjoy the atmosphere is pretty bogus. For more on that look up Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris... as well as Disney's California Adventure.
    Of course! No one is saying otherwise. I can spend all day at TDS and not ride a single thing! Atmosphere is very much important to Disney parks. The point I'm making is very few people is paying $90 a pop just to admire the archetecture unless you are a hard core fan who ridden everything a hundred times. Wasnt trying to be bogus lol.

And OBVIOUSLY DTD is nice enough for swing dancing because that place is packed with them! IF they didnt like it, they wouldnt be showing up there weekly just like they did at DL.

I understand people are saddened its gone, but Disney can't appease a few dozen people who dance on a Saturday night for a few hours when they can design an area that will bring in thousands of people daily. Thats just the way it is. I'm not even sure was it ever considered a real event? Did it even show up on the entertainment schedule? I have no idea, but the point is they are still given a location for it and they are taking full advantage of it. And guest will get a new area to take their kids and families to see with shows and entertainment for them in mind. Thats more important end of the day.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I agree with the other users. I am glad the swing dancing still exists, think it should go to DCA.. But I am not terribly saddened that it's no longer in Disneyland. I can see the charm of having it in the park, the feeling it would give the dancers... But things change, attractions close or are replaced. In this case, I feel the swing dancing and carnation gardens have been replaced with a worthy and well themed new area that many will get enjoyment out of for 55 more years, until a thread is made, just like this, about people being outraged they are removing the fantasy faire for a new addition..
    LOL and the funny thing is it will happen! If Marvel ever makes it to the park, the same people shouting how it doesnt belong will be shouting 20 years later how its unfair and inconceivable its being removed. Just how it works I guess. It does say alot about fans who really has a certain nostaglia for the place and want it to look as it did in the 50s, but thats not going to bring in new generations of people either. Change is good and I believe in the idea of change and change often for theme parks. Of course if something is still popular it should stay and many rides there are timeless, but there was NOTHING timeless about CPG. More like outdated and old looking. It was good they came up with something for this area and especially how well they did it. Its CL/BVS quality!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    DO we have a date on when Thunder mountain. Will come thundering back into Disneyland?
    Halloween Day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Blog Entries

Full video of Tangled at Royal Theatre!! I love love love this! Minor sound issues, live theatre for you!

~

Blog Entries

And beauty and the beast!!

~

• New Member Goes Forth

Thanks for the videos Disney Analyst. They look good.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

A couple short clips of Clopin's Music Box and the Figaro animatronic:

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |