Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20354243444546474855 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Call Security! Cinderella has escaped!!!

IMG_4826 by socal_ron, on Flickr

• Minion

Trees on the back side of RoA have been trimmed. Hopefully they will fill out soon because it looks rather bare, and you lose the feeling of being in the woods, not to mention seeing the palm trees outside the park.

IMG_4784 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_4786 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_4787 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_4788 by socal_ron, on Flickr

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Trees on the back side of RoA have been trimmed. Hopefully they will fill out soon because it looks rather bare, and you lose the feeling of being in the woods, not to mention seeing the palm trees outside the park.
    I hope so, because you can clearly see the TDA parking garage at night.

• Minion

Whoa, this is something I thought I'd never see again. Good to know that the princesses won't be completely held hostage inside a dark little room all the time.

The clock stroke 12,--or Cinderella notice the time on her cell phone. She needed to go and she ran. Disneyland security went to chased her down. She got onto a tram, to get to her carriage and dropped a slipper. She got onto her carriage and went east to her home in Florida, dodging the security.

Thanks Ron W. for your photos.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 03-24-2013 at 11:37 PM.

• New Member Goes Forth

Nice pictures Ron, they look fantastic. Thanks for your weekly updates. Sahame about the trees, as the parking garage can easily be seen.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Minion

I don't understand why they would trim the trees? What benefit does it bring?

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    I don't understand why they would trim the trees? What benefit does it bring?
    My neighbor just did the same thing to his trees last week. When I asked him about it he said that it was for the health of the trees. It gets rid of the inner limbs which will not get any light and that the leafs will come back on just the outside.
    Last edited by ni_teach; 03-26-2013 at 07:57 AM.

IMG_4784 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_4786 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_4787 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_4788 by socal_ron, on Flickr
    They've also trimmed back the jungle around Jungle Cruise, leaving it very un-jungle like.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Would you rather they trim the trees regularly or wait till there are strong winds and a big tree blows down and leaves a gaping hole with a clear view to the outside world??

Haha wow. What's crazy is I just recently had a conversation about trimming trees with a friend of mine, but yes unfortunately it's a necessary evil. 'ni_teach' nailed it by pointing out it's for the health of the trees. We have to trim once a year at my house. All we can do is hope they fill back in quickly.

Also, I love seeing characters out in front of the berm, princess included. It helps throw me into the Disney spirit even quicker. Thanks for the photos, Ron!

For Disneyland's sake I hope it's just an unhappy coincidence, but the one major change I noticed at Animal Kingdom under Colglazier's tenure was intensive tree-trimming and vegetation removal throughout the park, opening numerous backstage views that were not filled (while the park in general languished).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    My neighbor just did the same thing to his trees last week. When I asked him about it he said that it was for the health of the trees. It gets rid of the inner limbs which will not get any light and that the leafs will come back on just the outside.
    This. Over the past year or so, a few trees have fallen along the Rivers of America. To keep the trees healthy and from falling, Disneyland had to start trimming them back. They'll grow in quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    For Disneyland's sake I hope it's just an unhappy coincidence, but the one major change I noticed at Animal Kingdom under Colglazier's tenure was intensive tree-trimming and vegetation removal throughout the park, opening numerous backstage views that were not filled (while the park in general languished).
    This has nothing to do with Colglazier. The process of trimming the trees began before he came to Anaheim. Again, it's in the best interest in the health of the trees as well as the safety of guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Whoa, this is something I thought I'd never see again. Good to know that the princesses won't be completely held hostage inside a dark little room all the time.
    They're still out near the Main Street and main entrance. I saw both Belle and Jasmine Thursday.

• New Member Goes Forth

At least the Princesses are not prisioned in the Fantasy Faire
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).