Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055 ... LastLast

• film975

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

The animatronic of Figaro sounds very interesting. It would be nice if they had one of Pascal somewhere in or around Rupnzel's tower.

• Shablagoo!

Here is another thing Tony told us about.

So do you all see the little red structure in the pictureof the model that is a page back? It is to the right of the Rapunzel may pole, under the brown window shutters and near the tip of the paintbrush the woman is holding. That is where Clopin will be. Not sure of the form he will take, but I think it will be a Marionette.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post

So do you all see the little red structure in the pictureof the model that is a page back? It is to the right of the Rapunzel may pole, under the brown window shutters and near the tip of the paintbrush the woman is holding. That is where Clopin will be. Not sure of the form he will take, but I think it will be a Marionette.
    Very cool. I hope they have references to lots of Disney movies.

It would be neat to have other non-princesses (Pinocchio comes to mind) meet in the court yard as well.

• Minion

Why does Clopin get a puppet and not Frollo?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    This is a bit off topic but not. Disney has set the bar for fireworks around the world, designing some of the most spectacular shows! However, every year in Vancouver BC Canada, there is a fireworks festival called Celebration of Light. A festival where several countries compete for best show! This year was Vietnam, Brazil, and Italy.

Unfortunately I could not attend the shows this year, but found a video of Italy's show which I think all Disney fans must see! I was BLOWN AWAY. I think this is giving Disney a run for its money here! What do you think? I think Disney needs to step up now and create a NEW spectacular show! Hopefully for the 60th.

Part 1:

Part 2:
    Disney's notoriety for fireworks is that they put on a lot of shows, not that they are breaking any sort of new ground. While they probably consume more fireworks annually than anyone else in the country, their displays are not that extremely impressive. However they have been leading the way on producing smokeless fireworks and an air launch system.

But as for awe inspiring fireworks and shows, those are produced by the likes of Zambelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but could someone post a picture of the castle wall in Carnation Plaza Gardens that is being discussed? I don't think I've ever seen it.
    There is no free standing walll. It is actually the back of the Fantasyland show buildings that were themed to hide the ugly back walls from view. As the landscaping grew those back walls we hardly visible.

It is difficult to see in construction photos or on the model but my guess is that along with the carnation area the very large landscape section that divides the backstage from carnation plaza will also be removed and a large showbuilding built. That show building will then get the different facades to create these all village.

I think that the area will be more visually pleasant than what was there before and it actually kind of makes sense. Don't most fairy tales have a castle with a vIllage outside its walls not inside?
    Last edited by Baloo; 08-06-2012 at 10:28 PM.

• We Go On.

YES! Clopin! YES!

Clopin has to be one of the coolest minor Disney characters. EVER.

Taday they had a large crane lifting steel I beams into place on the North end of the new PFF.
    The area they were framing is at the far right of the Disney picture blocked by the woman,
    and is larger and takes up more room than shown.

The open area will be much smaller than before.

• Under that tree again!

Another Look at the New Fantasy Faire Coming to Disneyland Park

posted on August 8th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Last week, I told you we would have more to share about the all-new Fantasy Faire coming to Disneyland park, so here’s another treat for you. These pieces of concept art, just released by Walt Disney Imagineering, offer a first glimpse inside the Royal Hall at Fantasy Faire, where you’ll be able to spend time meeting some of your favorite Disney Princesses.

The art gives you a sense of the rich detail and beauty coming to this new corner of Fantasyland. Of course, concept art being just that, some aspects may be subject to change, such as the specific Disney Princesses visiting the Royal Hall on any given day.
    The new Fantasy Faire opens in spring 2013. Until then, you can meet Disney Royalty elsewhere in Fantasyland, along the path to “it’s a small world.” Be sure to stop by The Disneyland Story inside the Main Street Opera House at Disneyland park to see this concept art in person, in the “Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow” section of the exhibit, beginning August 10.

• film975

All this concept art for the Princess Fantasy Faire being released is very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.

• Sock Puppet

The Princess Fantasy Faire looks like a nice meet n greet. Not bad!

Mint has several pictures of the construction from his visit to the Disneyland Resort on his blog

• Dave

Blog Entries

I never knew much about the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but after seeing it I am amazed a ride similar to this was not put in Hollywoodland it would have fit perfectly. They could have made some basic changes so that it wasn't a complete copy but it would have fit well in the land; maybe calling it Hollywood Coaster or something similar.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    The Princess Fantasy Faire looks like a nice meet n greet. Not bad!
    That's Fantasy Faire Village.

The princess meet & greet is just located there.

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

When the Princess Fantasy Faire closes on August 12, will Troubador Tavern close along with it? I ask because it has delicious baked potatoes that I will miss dearly if it closes. Thanks!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 12.24.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 20

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055 ... LastLast