Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Newly redecorated merchandise stands on Hollywood Blvd.:

IMG_6065 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6066 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Princess Sofia the First:

IMG_6242 by socal_ron, on Flickr

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

So what happened to the rest of the Disneyland Story exhibit? Are the giant Disneyland map and 50th video still there? Are the Lincoln exhibits and videos still there?

As much as I hate to see a formal gallery go away I think the Disneyland Story could work with the front room featuring rotating WDI and DL gallery exhibits. Central room with DL historical displays and the back room using videos and exhibits to set up the Lincoln show.

What des everyone else think?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Are the projects with dates confirmed like soarin'?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan5589 View Post
    Are the projects with dates confirmed like soarin'?
    Nothing has been confirmed for Soarin'.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

The Project Tracker is now basically a Rumor tracker. Most of the stuff listed are very loose rumors at best, not projects. Not the Thread creators fault, there just isn't anything going on in Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    That's the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride that's being built at Disney World's Fantasyland right now. And it's opening next summer. I don't think there's enough room to put a coaster that size in the old Motorboat Cruise area. But I agree something needs to go in there eventually.
    I was just at the parks this past weekend and saying to my group that SOMETHING needs to take the spot of the Motorboat Cruise. I'm not understanding this recent mentality of taking a ride out with no replacements. They used to at least replace anything that was being removed...

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Space Mountain's looking a little trashy. A quarter of the second lift projections are completely blank, 80% of the strobe tunnel is burnt out, surfaces all around the queue are scuffed and bruised, three safety video monitors are off, and the majority of blue grated ceiling lights in the load area are burnt out.
    Heh, it had been a while since I had been back, but I hadn't noticed this. All I noticed was if I sat in the front seat of the cars, I didn't feel such a sore back after the ride as I would if I sat in the back... lol
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

• Ducksketeer

Quote Originally Posted by BwaySaint View Post
    I was just at the parks this past weekend and saying to my group that SOMETHING needs to take the spot of the Motorboat Cruise. I'm not understanding this recent mentality of taking a ride out with no replacements. They used to at least replace anything that was being removed...
    Not really recent, the Motorboat cruise has been closed for 20 years. I think they closed it because they figured it wasn't needed after they opened ToonTown; most of the riders were mostly small kids. Back in the days of ticket books, the MBC was a 'B' ticket ride; which pretty much indicates it's lack of popularity even then. Only time I ever remember going on it was on days we would just buy a general admission ticket so we could "burn" unused tickets from previous trips to Disneyland.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BwaySaint View Post
    I'm not understanding this recent mentality of taking a ride out with no replacements. They used to at least replace anything that was being removed...
    It's not recent. Along with eliminating top name live entertainment, slashing employee pay and eviscerating the University of Disneyland training program, closing rides and restaurants without replacements goes back to the early days of Eisner's mandate that Disneyland must deliver double-digit profits no matter what.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

does anyone know the official completion date of Big Thunder?
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

• New Member Goes Forth

I think BTMRR has been delayed, so it could open in December, and not October as originally stated.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Minion

IMG_6347 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6348 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6349 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6350 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6351 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6352 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6353 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6354 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6355 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6356 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6357 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6360 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6365 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6377 by socal_ron, on Flickr

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by cpuJesse View Post
    does anyone know the official completion date of Big Thunder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    I think BTMRR has been delayed, so it could open in December, and not October as originally stated.
    While that could be true, it's still officially stated to open on Halloween Day.

Disneyland Park
    Now – Oct. 30, 2013: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for refurbishment.
    Now – January 2014: Starcade second floor will be closed.
    Now – Jan 15, 2015: Market House/Disneyana down until further notice. Re-opening to be announced.
    Aug. 19–29, 2013: Mad Tea Party will be closed for refurbishment.
    Aug. 26 – Sept. 12, 2013: Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 3-4, 2013: Rafts to Tom Sawyer’s Island will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 3-12, 2013: Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 3-26, 2013: Mickey’s House will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 3 – Oct. 10, 2013: King Arthur’s Carrousel will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 9-12, 2013: Mark Twain Riverboat will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 9-12, 2013: Space Mountain will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 16-19, 2013: Toy Story Midway Mania! will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 17-19, 2013: Sailing Ship Columbia will be closed for refurbishment.
    Sept. 30 – Oct. 3, 2013: Jungle Cruise - Horticulture work will be taking place inside the attraction
    Disney California Adventure
    Park
    Now – Jan. 1, 2014: Tower of Terror will operate at reduced capacity during routine maintenance.
    July 9-11, 2013: Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree will have a delayed opening on one side.
    Sept. 30 – Oct. 29, 2013: Disney Animation will be partially closed for maintenance.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

Rainbow Ridge (or Big Thunder, as it's now called) looks great! It's too bad they didn't use the opportunity to revert the names of some of those buildings back to their names during the Rainbow Ridge days. Oh well, at least they made the effort to rebuild them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Now – January 2014: Starcade second floor will be closed.
    They're reopening the 2nd floor?

I think January 2014 just mean "indefinitely." That's just as far ahead as the planning goes, so January 2014 stands in for "Until further notice" in a way.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 54552535455565758 ... LastLast