Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 950
  1. #76

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    When the Princess Fantasy Faire closes on August 12, will Troubador Tavern close along with it? I ask because it has delicious baked potatoes that I will miss dearly if it closes. Thanks!
    Yes, apparently Troubadour Tavern will close with the Fantasyland Theater, but the baked potatoes will be added to the Harbour Galley menu sometime this month.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  2. #77

    • 10 Year Annual Passholder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Disneyland... I wish.
    Posts
    1,556

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Yes, apparently Troubadour Tavern will close with the Fantasyland Theater, but the baked potatoes will be added to the Harbour Galley menu sometime this month.
    Thank you so much!

    ^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.11.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

  3. #78

    • film975
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Hard to believe that the Princess Fantasy Faire in the Fantasyland Theater is finally closing. But I'm glad the Princesses are getting something more permanent in the process.

  4. #79

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    201

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Hard to believe that the Princess Fantasy Faire in the Fantasyland Theater is finally closing. But I'm glad the Princesses are getting something more permanent in the process.
    Yea it will be nice, sure it wont be a masterpiece like Buena Vista St or Carsland but it will be a fun little meet n greet nonetheless.

  5. #80

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    It will be interesting to see what changes they make to the Fantasyland Theater. My vote is to somehow enclose or at least darken the space to allow digital video projections and lighting effects as well as muffle some of the outside sounds that used to leak in while you watched the show.
    _____________________________________
    Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
    http://www.atomicbearpress.com

  6. #81

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    775

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Here is the temporary Princess Meet area. It is where they have the Villains at Halloween.


    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 08-13-2012 at 02:13 AM.

  7. #82

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    ^^That cost $42,000 (or whatever it was)? That looks like some cheap fabric, plastic trees, and gold painted polls. I'm always suprised how much money is wasted between design and implementation with all the approvals and crap they have to go through.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  8. #83

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    216

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    It does look like it was designed by some high school prom committee. Meh...

  9. #84

    • Disneyland History Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    I was at DL yesterday, and it appears that construction on Fantasy Faire has gone vertical. Interestingly, they are building the new facilities for the princesses in front of the Frontierland transition facades rather than on their footprint. This will no doubt make the overall space a bit smaller and crowded, but it seems those facades probably mask a critical facility that cannot be removed.

  10. #85

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,704

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^That cost $42,000 (or whatever it was)? That looks like some cheap fabric, plastic trees, and gold painted polls. I'm always suprised how much money is wasted between design and implementation with all the approvals and crap they have to go through.
    That was my first impression. How could they spend that kind of money on plastic junk you can probably find cheaper elsewhere. Maybe it isn't finished yet. We'll see.

  11. #86

    • Fastest Man Alive
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Why the plastic trees? Doesn't horticulture have tons of topiaries on stand-by or whatever?
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

  12. #87

    • Still lost in Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    4,071

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Check post #81 again. This is the "Temporary Princess Meet & Greet Area" They will hold court here until the new area is finished. They are not spending the $42,000 (or whatever it is) on this. That is being spent on the Village over next to the Castle. Temporary means just that. Low cost, cheaply done area that will be there until the real area is finished.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

  13. #88

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Check post #81 again. This is the "Temporary Princess Meet & Greet Area" They will hold court here until the new area is finished. They are not spending the $42,000 (or whatever it is) on this. That is being spent on the Village over next to the Castle. Temporary means just that. Low cost, cheaply done area that will be there until the real area is finished.
    No, they are. It was in an article on the closing of the current Princess Fantasy Faire. The Princess Fantasy Faire under construction is costing far more than $42,000.

  14. #89

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,595

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    I was at DL yesterday, and it appears that construction on Fantasy Faire has gone vertical. Interestingly, they are building the new facilities for the princesses in front of the Frontierland transition facades rather than on their footprint. This will no doubt make the overall space a bit smaller and crowded, but it seems those facades probably mask a critical facility that cannot be removed.

    I believe those facades are part of the kitchen and eatery facility for Rancho del Zoccalo as well as the women's restrooms.

    Also it looks like part of the fantasy village is being built on what used to be the very large landscaped area between the castle and the frontier land transition tunnel

  15. #90

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    That was my first impression. How could they spend that kind of money on plastic junk you can probably find cheaper elsewhere. Maybe it isn't finished yet. We'll see.
    I would think they could reuse some of the props and dressing from the newly closed meet-n-greet area.
    _____________________________________
    Brian Kolm the Atomic Bear - comics, cartoons, artwork and instruction.
    http://www.atomicbearpress.com

Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3917
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 03:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •