Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    When the Princess Fantasy Faire closes on August 12, will Troubador Tavern close along with it? I ask because it has delicious baked potatoes that I will miss dearly if it closes. Thanks!
    Yes, apparently Troubadour Tavern will close with the Fantasyland Theater, but the baked potatoes will be added to the Harbour Galley menu sometime this month.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Yes, apparently Troubadour Tavern will close with the Fantasyland Theater, but the baked potatoes will be added to the Harbour Galley menu sometime this month.
    Thank you so much!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.11.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

• film975

Hard to believe that the Princess Fantasy Faire in the Fantasyland Theater is finally closing. But I'm glad the Princesses are getting something more permanent in the process.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Hard to believe that the Princess Fantasy Faire in the Fantasyland Theater is finally closing. But I'm glad the Princesses are getting something more permanent in the process.
    Yea it will be nice, sure it wont be a masterpiece like Buena Vista St or Carsland but it will be a fun little meet n greet nonetheless.

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to the Fantasyland Theater. My vote is to somehow enclose or at least darken the space to allow digital video projections and lighting effects as well as muffle some of the outside sounds that used to leak in while you watched the show.

Here is the temporary Princess Meet area. It is where they have the Villains at Halloween.

Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 08-13-2012 at 02:13 AM.

• Insomniac

^^That cost $42,000 (or whatever it was)? That looks like some cheap fabric, plastic trees, and gold painted polls. I'm always suprised how much money is wasted between design and implementation with all the approvals and crap they have to go through.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

It does look like it was designed by some high school prom committee. Meh...

• Disneyland History Lover

I was at DL yesterday, and it appears that construction on Fantasy Faire has gone vertical. Interestingly, they are building the new facilities for the princesses in front of the Frontierland transition facades rather than on their footprint. This will no doubt make the overall space a bit smaller and crowded, but it seems those facades probably mask a critical facility that cannot be removed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^That cost $42,000 (or whatever it was)? That looks like some cheap fabric, plastic trees, and gold painted polls. I'm always suprised how much money is wasted between design and implementation with all the approvals and crap they have to go through.
    That was my first impression. How could they spend that kind of money on plastic junk you can probably find cheaper elsewhere. Maybe it isn't finished yet. We'll see.

• Fastest Man Alive

Why the plastic trees? Doesn't horticulture have tons of topiaries on stand-by or whatever?
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Still lost in Neverland

Check post #81 again. This is the "Temporary Princess Meet & Greet Area" They will hold court here until the new area is finished. They are not spending the $42,000 (or whatever it is) on this. That is being spent on the Village over next to the Castle. Temporary means just that. Low cost, cheaply done area that will be there until the real area is finished.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Check post #81 again. This is the "Temporary Princess Meet & Greet Area" They will hold court here until the new area is finished. They are not spending the $42,000 (or whatever it is) on this. That is being spent on the Village over next to the Castle. Temporary means just that. Low cost, cheaply done area that will be there until the real area is finished.
    No, they are. It was in an article on the closing of the current Princess Fantasy Faire. The Princess Fantasy Faire under construction is costing far more than $42,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    I was at DL yesterday, and it appears that construction on Fantasy Faire has gone vertical. Interestingly, they are building the new facilities for the princesses in front of the Frontierland transition facades rather than on their footprint. This will no doubt make the overall space a bit smaller and crowded, but it seems those facades probably mask a critical facility that cannot be removed.

I believe those facades are part of the kitchen and eatery facility for Rancho del Zoccalo as well as the women's restrooms.

Also it looks like part of the fantasy village is being built on what used to be the very large landscaped area between the castle and the frontier land transition tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    That was my first impression. How could they spend that kind of money on plastic junk you can probably find cheaper elsewhere. Maybe it isn't finished yet. We'll see.
    I would think they could reuse some of the props and dressing from the newly closed meet-n-greet area.

Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156 ... LastLast