Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^That cost $42,000 (or whatever it was)? That looks like some cheap fabric, plastic trees, and gold painted polls. I'm always suprised how much money is wasted between design and implementation with all the approvals and crap they have to go through.
    It really is amazing, isn't it?

• Dave

Blog Entries

Just looking at Universal Studios and man they are going to have a great addition when they are done. I can't help but wonder if because of all the money spent on DCA (It looks Great) if Disneyland will for the most part now be neglected for the next 5 to 10 years!
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 08-15-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Dave

^^That cost $42,000 (or whatever it was)? That looks like some cheap fabric, plastic trees, and gold painted polls. I'm always suprised how much money is wasted between design and implementation with all the approvals and crap they have to go through.
    Concerning the plastic trees, they're probably just pulling out some old Christmas decorations to help fill out the space.

---------- Post added 08-14-2012 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    No, they are. It was in an article on the closing of the current Princess Fantasy Faire. The Princess Fantasy Faire under construction is costing far more than $42,000.
    Right. $42,000 would probably cover the walls they put up around the construction area. And that construction is for the Fantasy Faire Village.

$40,000 was R&D, $2,000 is what you see.

Here is what it looks like with the Princesses.
    Today they had Snow White, Cinderella, and Tiana, followed by Belle, Jasmine, and Ariel.
    Yes, the posts look like Christmas Trees!

• Dave

Blog Entries

I think this Princess fun Fair area will be the last of the new attraction here for some time, besides Thunder Mountain's update. Which is a really nice make over but nothing new
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I think this Princess fun Fair area will be the last of the new attraction here for some time, besides Thunder Mountain's update. Which is a really nice make over but nothing new
    I have no insider info, nor can I tell the future, and I don't like betting.

With that said I would put money on an E-ticket in tomorrow land in 2015

The park will get new attractions soon then you think. I would have to guess that if we don't hear something soon, this some major things will be announced for Disneyland at D23.

• film975

We probably won't hear anything official about any new attractions until next year's D23 Expo.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    We probably won't hear anything official about any new attractions until next year's D23 Expo.
    If they arent even going to ANNOUNCE it until Summer 2013, then we can kiss goodbye any chances of a big E ticket for Disneyland's 60th. There just isnt enough time.

• Still lost in Neverland

I agree. If they are planning any changes in time for the 60th, they need to start working on it now. It takes so long now to get things done they will have to move fast if something big is going away to make room for something new. I hope we get something really special for Disneyland on it's 60th birthday.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Insomniac

Didn't they build all of EPCOT 1982 in 3 years? It seems to me they could easily build a new E-ticket, replace Captain EO, and fix up autopia and give the land a minor facelift in a little over 2 years.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evanator View Post
    I have no insider info, nor can I tell the future, and I don't like betting.

With that said I would put money on an E-ticket in tomorrow land in 2015
    I hope you are correct, but it seems they maybe sitting on the success of DCA's new threads and allowing oppertunities to be passed by. I would even be ok with adding addtional oppertunities to DCA, like a holleywood or music themed coaster in Hollywoodland. Right now it seems there are only two ideas in the works and one is mid way through, that is the pricess faire (love the concept) and an upgrade to Thundermountain (Not sure it needed one but we will see)!

---------- Post added 08-16-2012 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I agree. If they are planning any changes in time for the 60th, they need to start working on it now. It takes so long now to get things done they will have to move fast if something big is going away to make room for something new. I hope we get something really special for Disneyland on it's 60th birthday.
    My point exactly. Don't get me wrong what they did with DCA was and is amazing. That said, for that last ten years because of DCA taking so many resouces the grand daddy of all theme parks has been mostly neglected with some minor exceptions, and I am getting the felling that it maybe another ten years before we see anything new at Disneyland. I honestly because the parks ios such a cash cow that it gets taken for granted and some what neglected.
    Dave

Admittedly I'm getting this third hand, but a friend who used to be an Imagineer insists he got it from the horse's mouth that the Tomorrowland refresh, including a new E-Ticket, is in the pipeline.

• Nic

Just read some of this thread.

I feel like whatever Disney does with Marvel, they'll do it magically, just like they do with everything else. Who would have thought Star Wars would be a good fit in Disneyland?

Also, I don't want every time I come to Disneyland or California Adventure, there being massive construction walls everywhere. Disneyland could use a few new attractions, but that does not mean they need to do at this moment.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257 ... LastLast