Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: PARK REPORT CARD - An occasional but knowledgeable visitor's DLR scorecard

DL needs to send Golden Horse Shoe an Dole Whip people over to Ghiradeli and Claribele's at DCA to see how to pump stuff out! More space and people might be required, but they'll be in business long enough to justify improvements. I think the voices of liberty might work with the audience demographics in Florida better(no matter how fun they try to make the CA version). I would rather show my patriotism joining and supporting the protestors outside the park for an hour or so.

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eicarr View Post
    DL needs to send Golden Horse Shoe an Dole Whip people over to Ghiradeli and Claribele's at DCA to see how to pump stuff out! More space and people might be required, but they'll be in business long enough to justify improvements. I think the voices of liberty might work with the audience demographics in Florida better(no matter how fun they try to make the CA version). I would rather show my patriotism joining and supporting the protestors outside the park for an hour or so.

There's still protesters outside the parks? LOL
    I hope you enjoy yourself, while I have fun at Disneyland!
    Less lines for me!

DL needs to send Golden Horse Shoe an Dole Whip people over to Ghiradeli and Claribele's at DCA to see how to pump stuff out!
    Good point! Those guys in DCA seemed to do even better than the FFP Starbucks!

actually, I agree. We go on a weekly basis. The rides have recently been down regularly. Especially the New RsRacers. Every visit, RSR is down at least once, if not more. and usually Indie goes down at some point for a couple hours. Perhaps Disney exec's need to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and learn how often maintenance men should be checking rides?

Same with food. They need to either get more CM's in the dole booth or get a second Dole location. The line by tiki room is never less that 30 minutes. It supposed to be a treat to buy while waiting for tiki room but you rarely get through the line before your group is being ushered in for the show. They really are losing major profits.

Pizza port needs a major makeover, perhaps redo it as the pizza place from toy story, change the menu a bit and redo the decor. Retro Disney is not "tomorrow" land appropriate.

Since Disney make millions (or Billions) a year in profits, they can certainly afford a few more CMs throughout the parks. The poor kids are being worked to the bone.

Been going to DLR for 45 years, and the biggest improvement ever was FP. Those of us savvy enough to use the system are not about to wait 90 or 120 minutes for favorite attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrlowery View Post
    Been going to DLR for 45 years, and the biggest improvement ever was FP. Those of us savvy enough to use the system are not about to wait 90 or 120 minutes for favorite attractions.
    But how long would that wait be if FP holders weren't slowing it down?

Through channels I won't detail here, I have access to instant FPs...no waiting for the time window or the next time you can get an FP...yet I'd still GLADLY see the system go.

But again, apologies, that wasn't the point of my Report Card. It was to grade all the different parts of a trip experience...and the stand-by queue guest behavior was truly sad.
    Last edited by vnormth; 08-01-2012 at 12:18 PM.

I did notice quite a few breakdowns last week, but since I am such an infrequent visitor I didn't have much basis for comparison. But one morning we went to go to RSR and it was closed (we asked and were told it was for a software update or something along those lines) until noon, so we went to Screamin' and it was down. Then we went to GRR, and the ride broke down just before we were getting towed up the ramp at the beginning of the ride. Disappointing morning to say the least! But it was tempered by the fact that the next day, crowds were markedly lower, and that in conjuction with using our DL EE let us ride 10 rides by 11 am. VERY happy about that.
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• Doombuggy Rider

An accurate trip report for Disneyland (I encountered too many ride breakdowns last October, along with waits so long for the simplest of treats it was beginning to irritate me) & the negative reports are part of the reason I am skipping on Disneyland this September / October (increased park admission was another factor - what happened to the days when Corporate Sponsors paid for the new Rides & Attractions instead of Park Guests?) ....

I <3 you Disneyland, but I do not <3 how Management ignores the simplest things which could improve the experience for Park Guests (since I am solo most of the time, "single rider" works to my advantage & I'm not rude in a queue line - I do whatever the Cast Members tell me to do). A quick look @ Disneyland's competitors reveals that even they evaluate & implement changes faster (something Team Anaheim needs to do) ....

C J

Name:  1_1060.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  58.2 KB

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    I work the FP system very well and benefit from it tremendously, but I think it's worth resurrecting an old debate: DUMP THE FASTPASS SYSTEM. There is NO way the average queue time for the average guest on the average day is reduced...which entirely defeats its purpose. Is FP a legacy of the Pressler era??? (Because APs were blacked out, we repeatedly ran into guests who hadn't a clue about FPs. One family asked me if they had to pay extra to use that "line next to ours that doesn't have anybody in it.")

Lose FP and Single rider. DLR is a family show filled with adventures, not an carney park full of rides.
    Losing fastpass would mean I wouldn't ever come to Disneyland - I have to fly half way across the world to get there, and if I have to stand in 1 hour + long queues once I get there, I'll go somewhere else instead.

But FP debates aside, losing single rider line wouldn't save anyone in the standby line time - it would just mean cars etc went with empty seats - I don't see how this would benefit anyone?

I was also at Disneyland last week, and also experienced Space Mountain, RSR, and Soarin' breaking down - but I had a ball anyway (and no-one tried to enfore FP times when I went back later either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekkap View Post
    Losing fastpass would mean I wouldn't ever come to Disneyland - I have to fly half way across the world to get there, and if I have to stand in 1 hour + long queues once I get there, I'll go somewhere else instead.
    Baloney. (respectfully ).

First of all, line waits wouldn't be that long if they weren't delayed by FP holders (and breakdowns) and second, people came from all over the world before there was FP and would still do so without it, and - let's face it - so would you.

I myself live over 1000 miles away from DLR.

Apologies to all here again though: this thread was NOT meant to be about FP and I mistakenly raised the specter of it being so by taunting at an old debate. I simply wanted us to start a report card framework for scoring our experiences.

The protests outside the park were not being patriotic....

• some assembly required

ATTRACTIONS: D
    Wow, where to begin?

Worse is the effect that that has on the Stand-by line - horrendous! I haven't been in an FP attraction's Standby queue in years but I took the plunge and waited in Space Mountain's. I was ABSOLUTELY APPALLED at what I saw: because the line barely moves at even a crawl, guests' behavior goes downhill fast. I saw kids running up the sides of the slanted planter walls over Cpt. EO roof, climbing to the top, slipping falling, scraping themselves, parents playing chasing games with smaller children in the open area, teenagers wrestling, playing tag, sitting on (and in one case) breaking the queue chains, twirling a queue chain around and smacking the head of a toddler further back in line, splashing people at the drinking fountains, sitting on the railings, throwing things onto guests exiting to Cpt. EO and the Starcade.

The posted wait time was 45 minutes but was 80. You used to be able to set your watches by the wait time posted at the start of a line...no longer.
    This sounds more and more like my Six Flags trips (SFMM) over the past 15 years or so and is sounding more and more like my DLR trips over the past 5 years. I am convinced it is the human race going the way of Mr. Toad in a hand basket. But...
    ...before 5 years ago, I was so sure that DL would fix these problems with a nifty plan of action or some good ol' creativity & magic. They don't seem to be. Ticket prices be damned, I'm not made of money, but Disney not controlling their guests will probably be the reason I stop going to the parks. Long before I get priced out of the resort.

I'm not talking about enforcing rules (tho this does need to be done), I want entertainment for the unwashed masses while they are not being entertained. As soon as a group of guests feel bored at DL, something happens to the crowd mentality.

My off season windows are getting smaller and smaller...
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Baloney. (respectfully ).

First of all, line waits wouldn't be that long if they weren't delayed by FP holders (and breakdowns) and second, people came from all over the world before there was FP and would still do so without it, and - let's face it - so would you.

I myself live over 1000 miles away from DLR.

Apologies to all here again though: this thread was NOT meant to be about FP and I mistakenly raised the specter of it being so by taunting at an old debate. I simply wanted us to start a report card framework for scoring our experiences.
    I'm sorry, but I said *I* wouldn't visit - I didn't say what anyone else would do. I'm not sure how exactly you can "respectfully" call my statement baloney. I'm not saying other people wouldn't visit, I'm saying I wouldn't, and I'm the only one who can speak for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekkap View Post
    I'm not saying other people wouldn't visit, I'm saying I wouldn't, and I'm the only one who can speak for me.
    Undoubtedly. I was just finding it hard to believe that you'd discontinue trips to DLR simply because they'd return to the original way of queuing for their attractions.

And I still do.
    Last edited by vnormth; 08-02-2012 at 10:30 AM.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I just gotta say a bit about FP. On my last visit a couple weeks ago I too encountered that long standby queue at Space Mountain. It was just barely moving, and I gave up on it after about 10 minutes. I'm not sure if the problem is with the FP or with the way they implement it on each attraction. I use it and don't want to see it go away. But I can still acknowledge that there are some problems.

And the Florida chapter of the Voices of Liberty is NEVER snarky. I've been enjoying them for over 20 years, and have never once heard them say anything that would be in the least objectionable. If someone in the DL version is being snarky, he needs to be re-trained.

Oh, I gotta ask - what's the meaning behind vnormth? A most interesting handle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast