Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: PARK REPORT CARD - An occasional but knowledgeable visitor's DLR scorecard

Personally, I like fastpass and single rider. Especially single rider! It's not like fastpass. They're just filling in an empty seat that would've been empty no matter. I don't see the harm. That's just my opinion

I want to add onto the entertainment part a little! I was there a week and a half ago for my birthday. It was a relaxing three days. On one of those days my mom and I took things kind of slow as we were waiting for my dad and sister who had to drive back to the hotel for something. We listened to the Dapper Dans for a while. Suddenly one of them whisked me out in front of everyone and sang Happy Birthday! After that we went to hear the Voices of Liberty because my mom wanted to show me their dresses. After they finished their song they came out to meet people. A man (gorgeous by the way!) shook mine and my mothers hand and said "Come up here with me." So I did and he announced to everyone it was my birthday and they too sang to me! Later that day in NOS the band was playing and we stopped for a second to listen, a guy threw me beads and motioned me up there and they too played a birthday song! Seriously, I felt pretty special that day
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Oh, I gotta ask - what's the meaning behind vnormth? A most interesting handle!
    Fun that you ask!

First letter of every state I've lived in, in order.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Wow - that is just so incredibly cool! I guess going by the same rules my handle would be cwcit. Not nearly as cool . . . . .

And looking at your handle, I'm gonna guess Vermont Nebraska Oregon Rhode Island Michigan Texas Hawaii?

I'm going with Virginia, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, Maine, Tennessee, Hawaii.

But anyway ~

I think most of the attraction "breakdowns" are not such at all. I think they're a result of ever-increasing safety rules ad nauseum that make the rides almost impossible to run without some slight issue going wrong or sensor tripped, and then the safety protocols necessitate endless procedures to get them running again. For one, the WDW Monorail system used to operate SO much more smoothly when DOS ran it vs. Windows. I'm sure many other components are to blame these days on the big ride breakdowns.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by vnormth View Post
    Undoubtedly. I was just finding it hard to believe that you'd discontinue trips to DLR simply because they'd return to the original way of queuing for their attractions.

And I still do.
    I've only been there once in the last 20 years, quite recently, and I have to fly 14 hours to get there. I can assure you, whether you choose to believe it or not, if I knew I couldn't avoid queues once I got there, I'd go to Europe instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekkap View Post
    I've only been there once in the last 20 years, quite recently, and I have to fly 14 hours to get there. I can assure you, whether you choose to believe it or not, if I knew I couldn't avoid queues once I got there, I'd go to Europe instead.
    Well, who could blame you?

Vermont
    New Hampshire
    Oregon
    Rhode Island
    Maine
    Texas
    Hawaii

I was there about 3 weekends ago, for two days. I generally go about once a year and in my younger days went multiple times a year. Some observations:

I have noticed some rides aren't being kept up as well as they should be in terms of just general upkeep. For example, when coming into the final loading area of Space Mountain (which was broken down on and off during the time I was there including the one time I finally got to go on it), I noticed that the back end of that spaceship thing suspended from the ceiling (sorry... there is probably a more technical term for it!) had a "tail light" out and the sides of the largest section in the back were very dirty... doubtless from "guests" tossing drinks or SOMETHING at it. I realize it's not the easiest thing in the world to get to but it does seem that of all places, Disneyland should have plans to be able to get to their stuff and keep it in pristine working order.

Also with regard to Space Mountain... it was broken down intermittently most of the first day I was there. The park closes at midnight and reopens at 8. That is EIGHT HOURS (ok.... seven if there were a lot of late guests) to figure out what the problem was and fix it. However, when I came back the next day, it was down intermittently. I am grateful I finally got to go on it (although it did stop again in mid-ride.... scared the daylights out of me to hear all the other cars still racing around at top speed after mine stopped). But WHAT was the problem and WHY was it still an issue the next day? I used to think of Disneyland as a well-oiled machine... but I have to say in recent years they seem to be falling down a bit. Just my imagination?? Or am I just getting older and more cynical? Believe me... I'd still rather be at Disneyland than anywhere else... but I was pretty disappointed in my last visit.

• The "zip" in your doo dah

Hmmm. The family & I went to both parks in early July. Starbucks was great & a welcome addition to the resort. It was busy, but we saw everything we wanted to see. The service at Flo's V-8 was terribly slow, but nothing else to complain about. The only ride breakdowns were on Splash (had to Eva ), and Mr. Toad. Loved Voices of Liberty and most of entertainment. I'm surprised that you had such a negative experience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123