Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What's going into the Haunted Mansion this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    I love The Haunted Mansion
    Nice animated images of the portraits.

I'm friends with the guy that made them, I'm sure he'll be thrilled of the news that someone is actually using them.

----

About Phantom Manor...

Be warned about Phantom Manor, the more you want it, the more you might get it...

Oh yes, those old rumors about Disneyland's mansion being semi-converted into Phantom Manor were very true. Dead true. It didn't happen though. As didn't many of the other full scale 50th rehabs. But... the elements can still happen. You have the music, who wants more? Phantom Manor musical elements have already been applied to the mansions in DL and in WDW.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    When I was there last, I was easily able to see the lines on the projection screens in the Graveyard. Perhaps they can fix that too if they have not alread. Maybe they can also turn off those exit signs.
    I don't recall any graveyard projection screens,but the scrim is in dyer need of replacement or cleaning.so dusty you can't see through it.exit signs ain't goin' away.
    Last edited by UncleTheodore; 01-16-2006 at 05:03 PM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Return
    ...huh? Are you saying that we should get stuff for a while and then when WDW gets the budget they take it out of ours and put it in theirs? And then give them a new sound system? If so NO they need orginal stuff like we do also
    Ha ha no I was rambling but what I am saying is that they should then look at making some of these changes in WDW...but then instead of making those changes take the budget and fix the rides sound system. I said taking as in Cloning...not stealing.

Now Bill who wants more? Me. I'll take those dead guys playing each other as instruments. Very morbid but very cool.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Nice animated images of the portraits.

I'm friends with the guy that made them, I'm sure he'll be thrilled of the news that someone is actually using them.

----

About Phantom Manor...

Be warned about Phantom Manor, the more you want it, the more you might get it...

Oh yes, those old rumors about Disneyland's mansion being semi-converted into Phantom Manor were very true. Dead true. It didn't happen though. As didn't many of the other full scale 50th rehabs. But... the elements can still happen. You have the music, who wants more? Phantom Manor musical elements have already been applied to the mansions in DL and in WDW.
    Hmm, I'd imagine it would be somewhat hard to put the big elements of Phantom Manor into our Haunted Mansion, particularly all of the Bride add-ins...I mean you could do it, but once you enter the graveyard, the serious tone seems to evaporate from the whole ride. We wouldn't have her corpse showing us the way out, for example...and I'd hate it if they made our graveyard like the one in Paris. Just too creepy and a bunch of rotting flesh. I like our grim grinning ghosts.

Any new special effects that plus our ride derived from it being Disneyland's Haunted Mansion I welcome (unless Eddie Murphy showed up).

Wouldn't re-doing the loading area cause problems for HMH? I'd like it if they got extra creative with that spot and would perhaps use the same idea that they implemented in...Tokyo, I think...where Jack and Sally are talking to each other.

When is the last day of HMH (or should the question be when WAS)?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    When is the last day of HMH (or should the question be when WAS)?
    If memory serves correct, the last day is January 18th, or the day before...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    I have seen the ghostly candle moving past the windows. I can't say when I saw it, but it was there in the past.
    Not sure why it hasn't been repaired. It's my understanding that it is a simple coffee can with a hole punched in it mounted on a turntable. Suspended inside is a lightbulb. As it turns, a beam of light rotates around inside the building facade. How hard could that be to fix?

GG

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by woxel1
    No visible ghostal activity should really be in the loading area if you want to maintain the buildup to the ballroom sequence. I think we could however use a loading area that was a little more defined. I'm always so jealous when I see the pictures of the Phantom Manor's grand starcase:

I mean, that's a nice staircase. Disneyland has a staircase but you barely notice it. Yep.
    Yeah, thats a nice staircase. This version of a loading area re-do, that was tossed around by Imagineering and is touched upon in The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies wouldn't be so bad either:

If only it would materialize in our mansion!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

^ Oh holy heck, that looks amazing!

MasterGracey, why didn't it get implemented (or does the book say)?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    ^ Oh holy heck, that looks amazing!

MasterGracey, why didn't it get implemented (or does the book say)?
    Unfortunately, the book only has a couple peices of concept art on things that were considered to be added but that didnt make it into the ride. It doesn't go into why they weren't implemented or if theres even a chance the changes might make it into the ride later on...
    It'd be great if we could get these additions too:

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

dang those are awesome. I love the hidden door trick. The face in the door scares me.

• Banned User

I want Floating Leota, new sound system, and Phantom Manor elements in WDW's version because right now it sucks.

• Guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore
    I don't recall any graveyard projection screens,but the scrim is in dyer need of replacement or cleaning.so dusty you can't see through it.exit signs ain't goin' away.
    That's being cleaned during the refurb.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I heard they were replacing the graveyard scene with the 'Land of the Dead' town from Corpse Bride. The new 'ghost host' is going to be the maggot and the spider from the movie.

• Here to change the world

I know it was a joke, but Corpse Bride is not Disney! Tim Burton is a freelance director and the movie was made by Warner Bros! It will never have anything to do with Disney!

I hope they put in the Hatbox Ghost. Disney does acknowledge his existance, since they made the Big Fig.... but maybe they re-made the full size one as well?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast