Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: What's going into the Haunted Mansion this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain EO
    I hope they put in the Hatbox Ghost. Disney does acknowledge his existance, since they made the Big Fig.... but maybe they re-made the full size one as well?
    I've heard of it being talked about . . . .

Ofcourse, it might not happen, but from what I hear it has strong chance.

Yensid "My source may be wrong though" tlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Here to change the world

That would be so cool!!!! Fingers crossed!

• Banned User

I just read a report that Haunted Mansion's opening has been pushed back until AT LEAST march. I hope the upgrades/changes are extensive!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    I heard they were replacing the graveyard scene with the 'Land of the Dead' town from Corpse Bride. The new 'ghost host' is going to be the maggot and the spider from the movie.
    If this were ever to happen, that would be the only ride i would go on! but too bad it ill NEVER happen!

Where did you see this?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    About Phantom Manor...

Be warned about Phantom Manor, the more you want it, the more you might get it...

Oh yes, those old rumors about Disneyland's mansion being semi-converted into Phantom Manor were very true. Dead true. It didn't happen though. As didn't many of the other full scale 50th rehabs. But... the elements can still happen. You have the music, who wants more? Phantom Manor musical elements have already been applied to the mansions in DL and in WDW.
    That is a very interesting disclaimer because... I recieved my "Disneyland Vacation Planning DVD" in the mail a few days ago and was shocked to see a scene from Phantom Manor's "Underground/Underworld" sequence mixed with the classic Mansion footage. It was the sequence where the skeletons were digging themselves out from the ground and rising from their coffins. It was pretty darn scary looking, and I don't think it fits in with our classic Happy Haunting grounds... I hope this was just an editing gimmik and not a real change...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    About Phantom Manor...

Be warned about Phantom Manor, the more you want it, the more you might get it...

Oh yes, those old rumors about Disneyland's mansion being semi-converted into Phantom Manor were very true. Dead true. It didn't happen though. As didn't many of the other full scale 50th rehabs. But... the elements can still happen. You have the music, who wants more? Phantom Manor musical elements have already been applied to the mansions in DL and in WDW.
    Which musical elements? I don't recall ever hearing anythnig Phantom Manor-esque at Disneyland's Mansion prior to Haunted Mansion Holiday...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding
    That is a very interesting disclaimer because... I recieved my "Disneyland Vacation Planning DVD" in the mail a few days ago and was shocked to see a scene from Phantom Manor's "Underground/Underworld" sequence mixed with the classic Mansion footage. It was the sequence where the skeletons were digging themselves out from the ground and rising from their coffins. It was pretty darn scary looking, and I don't think it fits in with our classic Happy Haunting grounds... I hope this was just an editing gimmik and not a real change...
    Lol I think that is just lousy quality control. Maybe I'm just wrong here but when something is selling me on a resort...I want only images of that resort. This mixing images tp save money irks me. Maybe I'm just a bit Monk-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Hmm, I'd imagine it would be somewhat hard to put the big elements of Phantom Manor into our Haunted Mansion, particularly all of the Bride add-ins...I mean you could do it, but once you enter the graveyard, the serious tone seems to evaporate from the whole ride. We wouldn't have her corpse showing us the way out, for example...and I'd hate it if they made our graveyard like the one in Paris. Just too creepy and a bunch of rotting flesh. I like our grim grinning ghosts.
    I dunno they COULD do it since if I recall correctly the layout of the Phantom Manor is almost exactly the same as DL's HM it's just that they'd have to actualy replace whole scenes

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Really hoping they fix the sound systems...they were in sorry state of disrepair the last few times I went, in fact most of the buggies I went on seemed to have a distinct hiss, or sometimes shorted out completely on a few instances.

That said, I read something on another Disney site, talking about the POTC and HM updates. They said something in the attic is going to be moved elsewhere, and something that's going to add to the back story of Master Gracey is going to be added. With the attic's past layout, I can only hope this 'added' thing is the Hatbox Ghost. ^_^ If I can find the article/quote, I'll post it.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
    Really hoping they fix the sound systems...they were in sorry state of disrepair the last few times I went, in fact most of the buggies I went on seemed to have a distinct hiss, or sometimes shorted out completely on a few instances.
    If you think Anaheim's sound system was bad, you should go to Florida's Haunted Mansion. Wow. It was completely horrid in every aspect last summer - I don't know if they've improved it anytime since then.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
    That said, I read something on another Disney site, talking about the POTC and HM updates. They said something in the attic is going to be moved elsewhere, and something that's going to add to the back story of Master Gracey is going to be added. With the attic's past layout, I can only hope this 'added' thing is the Hatbox Ghost. ^_^ If I can find the article/quote, I'll post it.
    The article you're referring to is "Keepin' It Fresh" over at MouseHub.com

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Which musical elements? I don't recall ever hearing anythnig Phantom Manor-esque at Disneyland's Mansion prior to Haunted Mansion Holiday...
    That is correct. When HMH debuted, the Phantom Manor's Gazebo music box track was used in the FastPass area. From what I've been told, it was kept in use in that area even after HMH. However, no PM music has ever been used at WDW that I am aware of. From what I've been told by a CM, WDW's sound system is slated to be upgraded this year, as part of a major refurb.

GG

Correction: The WDW refurb for HM is currently slated for 2008. They've recently installed digital video projectors at $20K apiece, but they're finding they don't last. One of the Singing Busts' projectors had to be replaced in less than a year, and the new one is significantly brighter than those previously installed.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 02-19-2006 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Correction

• Banned User

WDW's Haunted Mansion uses a Phantom Manor loop mixed with US loops at the entrance to the line queue.

Disneyland got the first sample of Phantom Manor with the music box loop for HMH... which wasn't really for HMH. It just happened at the same time.

Also, for many years the Magic Kingdom's Entrance Loop included Phantom Manor. And Star Tours, and Roger Rabbit. It's an interesting loop. I wish I knew where it began. Maybe it's from Paris and they had planned to build Roger Rabbit there? lol It's not in WDW any longer, but I still have a copy of it.
    Last edited by captsmith84; 02-18-2006 at 02:20 AM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Haha I wish I had your library of loops.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Thanks for clearing that up for me, GrinningGhost and Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Haha I wish I had your library of loops.
    Just the loops?! Heck, I want ALL of his Disney audio library!

| | |

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast