Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Re: What's going into the Haunted Mansion this time?

Any chance anyone knows what the other added elements of Phantom Manor were supposed to be like? How drastic was this change going to be exactly, and did it fall through for more than budget reasons?

Thanks,

Yensidtlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, GrinningGhost and Bill.

Just the loops?! Heck, I want ALL of his Disney audio library!
    Start with the loops.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Start with the loops.
    What? Haunted Mansion's Getting a Loop? What?
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Minion

If they are adding any more elements from Phantom Manor, just put a few of the skeletons they keep showing in the damn american planning DVDs. The xylophone skeleton would work just fine in Disneyland's Mansion tonewise as would the skeletons looking straight out of Skeleton Dance.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• there's always my way...

I think I read here somewhere that they where considering a photo ending like splash mountain but with the hitch hiking ghosts.

I think that would be cool.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah
    I think I read here somewhere that they where considering a photo ending like splash mountain but with the hitch hiking ghosts.

I think that would be cool.
    I read once that the things for that were installed, but just never used

Oh well, that would be pretty cool ^_^

• keep moving forward...

allright fine... they are adding eddie murphy and jennifer tilly...

lets hope they dont...

• Banned User

I wouldn't mind adding Jennifer Tilly, since she's so awesome.

Oh, and ENOUGH with the Hat Box Ghost!
    Have any of you ACTUALLY seen the Hat Box Ghost? Probably 95% of you haven't. This goes back to the thing where people want stuff back that used to be but never saw. I've seen pics of the ghost, and descriptions, and it sounds bland to me. If you ask me (and no one DID) put something NEW and original in the attraction. Give us something that'll really WOW! everyone.

Screw old and dated ideas. Look to the future, not the past.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    Perhaps in your opinion. Ms. Tilly did have a few amusing moments in the film, but in general, she can't act. Absolutely the wrong choice for Madame Leota in my opinion. Much too young and inexperienced to portray a wisened seance medium. Eleanor Audley was and still is a more convincing and plausible actress for the part; a perfect choice. And Leota Toombs also did an excellent job as the visual interpretation of Leota. As far as living actresses go, Shirley MacLaine would been perfect for the film.

Have any of you ACTUALLY seen the Hat Box Ghost? Probably 95% of you haven't. This goes back to the thing where people want stuff back that used to be but never saw. I've seen pics of the ghost, and descriptions, and it sounds bland to me. If you ask me (and no one DID) put something NEW and original in the attraction. Give us something that'll really WOW! everyone.

I am agreeable to the idea of adding new things to the Mansion, but not at the cost of deleting what is already there. If they expand it, I'm all for it. You obviously have no respect for history or tradition, or the artistry that created the Mansion.

I myself, like many thousands of HM fans, grew up listening to "The Story and Song From The Haunted Mansion" Lp. You apparently did not. It was THE best Storyteller record album that Disney ever produced, and those of us who owned it played it again and again. On my first trip through the Mansion in 1978, I couldn't wait to see in person that "with each beat of his bride's heart, his head disappeard from his body, and appeared in the hatbox." I'll bet everyone who listened to the story was, like myself, greatly disappointed not to find the Hatbox Ghost in the attic near the window, just as the picture showed us.

The figure itself is the perfect embodiment of the overall concept, style and mood of the ride. And indeed, I have seen the figure from all angles (I have copies of the photos of the original AA figure), and my avitar is taken directly from one of those photos. I would give anything to see it restored to its proper place, provided they could work out the bugs with the illusion that caused it to be removed in the first place.

GG

• Circle of Ancients

BLASPHEMY! (Okay... maybe not... but...) Ms. Audley will always be THE VOICE. She is THE VOICE and no one can replace THE VOICE. As Madame Leota, she brings forth the most haunting interpretation of those incantations. That rich, elegant, and eerie quality that Ms. Audley's voice had can never be replaced. No one compares to the wonderful Eleanor Audley and her voice. Did I mention that she was THE VOICE? (Hahahahaha) Anyway, Jennifer Tilly's voice is rather annoying, (At least she deepened it a little for the Mansion film). Her voice was okay for the movie's Madame Leota, but the ride's Leota is so different that it would never fit. She could never replace Madame Leota. No one could. Eleanor Audley FOREVER!

Yeah, I have the Haunted Mansion LP, and on my first visits to the Mansion, I too looked forward to seeing the Hatbox Ghost. He's a Mansion legend. I hope he materializes soon...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding
    BLASPHEMY! (Okay... maybe not... but...) Ms. Audley will always be THE VOICE. She is THE VOICE and no one can replace THE VOICE. As Madame Leota, she brings forth the most haunting interpretation of those incantations. That rich, elegant, and eerie quality that Ms. Audley's voice had can never be replaced. No one compares to the wonderful Eleanor Audley and her voice. Did I mention that she was THE VOICE? (Hahahahaha) Anyway, Jennifer Tilly's voice is rather annoying, (At least she deepened it a little for the Mansion film). Her voice was okay for the movie's Madame Leota, but the ride's Leota is so different that it would never fit. She could never replace Madame Leota. No one could. Eleanor Audley FOREVER!

Yeah, I have the Haunted Mansion LP, and on my first visits to the Mansion, I too looked forward to seeing the Hatbox Ghost. He's a Mansion legend. I hope he materializes soon...
    You all might want to see the Hat Box Ghost, but most people, really don't know what it was and really don't care. Do you ACTUALLY think the average park guest CARES about the history of the Haunted Mansion? I'm sure they don't. You are all entitled to the opinion that it's great and all, but really, reguardless of me 'respecting' the history, or whatever you call it, I really wouldn't care if they didn't put this 'legend' back into the ride.

And as for Jennifer Tily, I don't know how she can be annoying, when her voice acting talents are pretty good (ie Family Guy, Monsters INC, Bride of Chucky/Seed of Chucky).

And this LP, is that the same one where it narrates you (the listener) being attacked by some birds?

• Needs the smell of summer

You all might want to see the Hat Box Ghost, but most people, really don't know what it was and really don't care. Do you ACTUALLY think the average park guest CARES about the history of the Haunted Mansion? I'm sure they don't. You are all entitled to the opinion that it's great and all, but really, reguardless of me 'respecting' the history, or whatever you call it, I really wouldn't care if they didn't put this 'legend' back into the ride.

And as for Jennifer Tily, I don't know how she can be annoying, when her voice acting talents are pretty good (ie Family Guy, Monsters INC, Bride of Chucky/Seed of Chucky).

And this LP, is that the same one where it narrates you (the listener) being attacked by some birds?
    All of this talk, between this and the Pirates rehab, about "the average guest not caring........." or whatever has got me thinking. That is what is so great about these rides! You don't experience the entire ride the first, or even the first ten times you ride it! And the fact that the rides have History is cool, and if everyone doesn't get it, at least we do! And then you can feel cool at the park, telling your friends about the hatbox ghost etc. The average guest can learn the History of a historical ride, thats pretty sweet. Thats why we go back to Disneyland over and over and over and over.............

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I Thinks that it would be wonderful to have those Phantom manor elements brought into the ride...I would love to see the loading area transformed into something like what is seen in the books concept art....it is basicly a Coffin storage area...lol...ver erie

• Minion

Absolutely not. That is a completely different record: "The Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House", Disneyland Records DQ-1257 created in 1964, five years prior to the opening of the Haunted Mansion. Obviously I was correct: you have never heard "The Story and Song from The Haunted Mansion," Disneyland Records ST-3947, 1969. It was one of the storyteller albums, with an 11-page booklet with artwork created by Collin Campbell. It stars a young Ron Howard as teenager "Mike", who along with Robie Lester as "Karen" unexpectedly take a tour of the Mansion while trying to escape a thunderstorm while walking home from a date. The narrator is Thurl Ravenscroft, the Mansion's "broken" Singing Bust. The storyline is a bit lame, but they did an excellent job of re-creating the ride experience in an audio-only format. Many of the attraction's music and sound effects tracks were taken directly from the ride soundtrack, including several unused tracks. This same recording was reissued in 1974 in a truncated form as the flip side of the album "Trick Or Treat".

I suggest you find a copy and listen to it. It is readily available on the USENET newsgroup alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.parks in my four-disc collection "The Haunted Mansion Unauthorized 36th Anniversary" set.

GG

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Are you sure the narrator in that story was Thurl? I don't have my tape copy of it with me...but I was under the impression it was Pete Roundet (spell?) the same man who has auditions to be found on the 30th Anniversary CD of the Haunted Mansion.

Anywho...actresses to play Mdm Leota in the movie? None. She's already too "real" to be portrayed by someone else. It was the lousy fact the movie wanted to be a comedy that gave it Jennifer Tilly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast