Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What's going into the Haunted Mansion this time?

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Are you sure the narrator in that story was Thurl? I don't have my tape copy of it with me...but I was under the impression it was Pete Roundet (spell?) the same man who has auditions to be found on the 30th Anniversary CD of the Haunted Mansion.
    Yes, Thurl Ravenscroft is indeed the narrator. Pete Renoudet is the Ghost Host (instead of Paul Frees, who was too expensive to use for a "kiddie" record).

GG

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

lol....too expensive....of maybe making a Tony the tiger commercial

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost
    Yes, Thurl Ravenscroft is indeed the narrator. Pete Renoudet is the Ghost Host (instead of Paul Frees, who was too expensive to use for a "kiddie" record).

GG
    Ah yes my bad...Pete was the Ghost Host which is what I was thinking of...duh.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I saw this recording online somewhere...I think it was either on visions Fantastic, or either Doom Buggies

• Banned User

You all tell me that I should check out this LP.
    No, I'd rather ride the ride.

I don't really care about the history of the ride (even though I've read all through DoomBuggies.com probably 9 or 10 times). And I don't care about the history of the Hat Box Ghost. I know they won't "bring it back", unless they think of something better (head disappears and then floats "in front of you" via 3d effect?) I don't know, but I do know that casual guests and first timers won't care either way, because the park is designed with them in mind. Not for the disney freaks and the hardcore geeks (and I am 50/50 on that one).

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Snakus
    That is what is so great about these rides! You don't experience the entire ride the first, or even the first ten times you ride it! And the fact that the rides have History is cool, and if everyone doesn't get it, at least we do! And then you can feel cool at the park, telling your friends about the hatbox ghost etc. The average guest can learn the History of a historical ride, thats pretty sweet. Thats why we go back to Disneyland over and over and over and over.............
    Very well said!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    You all tell me that I should check out this LP.
    No, I'd rather ride the ride.

I don't really care about the history of the ride (even though I've read all through DoomBuggies.com probably 9 or 10 times). And I don't care about the history of the Hat Box Ghost. I know they won't "bring it back", unless they think of something better (head disappears and then floats "in front of you" via 3d effect?) I don't know, but I do know that casual guests and first timers won't care either way, because the park is designed with them in mind. Not for the disney freaks and the hardcore geeks (and I am 50/50 on that one).
    You know something... You are probably right about what you said about the "average guest". The average guest at Disneyland probably doesn't give a flying pair of Mickey Mouse ears about the history behind a ride. They just ride it, get off, and go someplace else. Walt Disney would approve of that, but he taught his imagineers and animators something. He taught them to put as much love, care, and detail into a film or attraction as possible. It is Mr. Disney's touch that made Disneyland and the Disney theme parks the ulitmate in entertainment and what made Disney animation the top in film entertainment for decades. No one else could compare. The average guest is not like Walt Disney and Walt Disney is not like the average guest. Walt cared about history. That's why we have Frontierland and Main Street U.S.A. Walt cared about those special touches. That's why we have New Orleans Square. Walt cared about the imagination. That's why we have Fantasyland. Walt cared about the future and its progression, the optimism that it held. That's why we have Tomorrowland. If Walt didn't care about any of these things, we wouldn't have Disneyland. In order to be an Imagineer, one needs a vision, a vision that allows a person to use his/her imagination to look into the past to make the future better. That's why there are people like us, people who do care. We look at the history of even the most meaningless things, in an attempt to re-create what was done in the past and improve upon it. The park is not just designed for the first timers. If that were true, none of us would be here today. There would be no reason to go back. The park is designed as Walt wanted it to be designed, engineered to Walt's standards. Walt wanted a place where kids, adults, children at heart, newcomers, and returning guests alike could enjoy themselves. It is the detail that makes Disneyland so great. It is its history. It is its imagination. The imagination spawns from the history and from the details of Disneyland. We do care. We're the people that make Disney's money for them. We're the fans, the fanatics, the APs, the connoisseurs. Without Walt, Disney would be nowhere, it wouldn't even exist. Without us, Disneyland would be no where. Yeah... we might be a little "different", but that's what makes us better than the average guest, better than the average person. We are the Disney freaks and we will live and die for Disneyland. No matter how many Mickey Mouse ears are thrown, we will be there to catch them.

Rant Done.

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding
    You know something... You are probably right about what you said about the "average guest". The average guest at Disneyland probably doesn't give a flying pair of Mickey Mouse ears about the history behind a ride. They just ride it, get off, and go someplace else. Walt Disney would approve of that, but he taught his imagineers and animators something. He taught them to put as much love, care, and detail into a film or attraction as possible. It is Mr. Disney's touch that made Disneyland and the Disney theme parks the ulitmate in entertainment and what made Disney animation the top in film entertainment for decades. No one else could compare. The average guest is not like Walt Disney and Walt Disney is not like the average guest. Walt cared about history. That's why we have Frontierland and Main Street U.S.A. Walt cared about those special touches. That's why we have New Orleans Square. Walt cared about the imagination. That's why we have Fantasyland. Walt cared about the future and its progression, the optimism that it held. That's why we have Tomorrowland. If Walt didn't care about any of these things, we wouldn't have Disneyland. In order to be an Imagineer, one needs a vision, a vision that allows a person to use his/her imagination to look into the past to make the future better. That's why there are people like us, people who do care. We look at the history of even the most meaningless things, in an attempt to re-create what was done in the past and improve upon it. The park is not just designed for the first timers. If that were true, none of us would be here today. There would be no reason to go back. The park is designed as Walt wanted it to be designed, engineered to Walt's standards. Walt wanted a place where kids, adults, children at heart, newcomers, and returning guests alike could enjoy themselves. It is the detail that makes Disneyland so great. It is its history. It is its imagination. The imagination spawns from the history and from the details of Disneyland. We do care. We're the people that make Disney's money for them. We're the fans, the fanatics, the APs, the connoisseurs. Without Walt, Disney would be nowhere, it wouldn't even exist. Without us, Disneyland would be no where. Yeah... we might be a little "different", but that's what makes us better than the average guest, better than the average person. We are the Disney freaks and we will live and die for Disneyland. No matter how many Mickey Mouse ears are thrown, we will be there to catch them.

Rant Done.
    *Thunderous Applause*

It is the depth and the History of these rides that turns the average guest, or first timer, into, well, a freak.

AMEN! Thank god someone finally said something.... Manator, CHILL OUT! Aura is Definately right in every aspect of their rant, if Disneyland were only meant for the first time visitor the quality would not need to be as high as it is..... the quality and the complexity is what keeps people coming back, and Manator, I know lots of those " normal " folks and first time visitors who are FACINATED by the history I tell them about the rides and Walts Philosophies etc, and they go and look for them and come back understanding something about what he tried to do..... and in each one of us FREAKS( Proud to be one by the way) Walt lives a little bit, and through us his spirit will never die .... we walk in his footsteps and try to hold things to the same standards he set back in 1955-1966. sorry for my own rant..... but people are starting to forget Walt..... he made the land they play in and very few people stop and think of him much.... except the freaks....... I think " Walt Disney's Disneyland" needs to make a return to publicity they kept it going into the 1970's why not bring it back... help us remember the magic this visionary created
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Wow....puled straight from the bible of the disney fanatic

Smile Re: What's going into the Haunted Mansion this time?

Damn Straight!
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• Banned User

It's funny seeing people get that into their 'groove' and be all 'passionate' and everything.

Yes, I am passionate about several things about Disneyland (more so about WDW) but I don't just go on a rant as such.

I'm not the one who needs to chill out People take things way too seriously.

*I* wouldn't be happy if they brought back something old.
    *I* would be happy if they brought in something new and original.

As I said, look to the future, not the past.

I like to think of it in this case as Coming Full Circle rather than looking to the past, but maybe that's just me.

Ofcourse, I have even less than absolutely no qualms about looking to the future. I'm an extreme futurist.

Yensidtlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Circle of Ancients

It is always good to be looking ahead, but as I stated in my post, you cannot just look at the future. If we don't look at the past, we can never find a brighter, better, or happier future. With your thinking, the only land in Disneyland would be Tomorrowland. There would be no Adventureland, Frontierland, NOS, Fantasyland, Critter Country, or any of the others. History is one of the most beautiful things in this world. It shows us what paths to follow and which ones to avoid. It is true that we should always be forward-looking, and we musn't dwell on the past, but we must look at what has been done, work from it, and "create a great big beautiful tomorrow". It's what Uncle Walt did. It's what we all must do if we are to make a difference in this world, in the lives of the ones we love, in ourselves.
    Last edited by Aura of Foreboding; 02-21-2006 at 07:12 AM.

" Here you leave today and enter the world of YESTERDAY, Fantasy and Tommorow"

:-D
    Light Magic 1997-1997

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast