Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Radiator Spings Racers Effects Watch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CSC View Post
    I look at it more as they are working with a ride system that they have only used on Test Track before. There has hardly been 60 years of time to work out the kinks of that system - if we were judging them based on that criteria, they should never build an attraction that used anything but opening day tech. I'll take ambition (and time to work out the bugs) over a park full of simple, proven Bugs Land rides that work perfectly from day one.

Way too big of a deal is being made about the tractors not tipping. It's not that bad - you still get the sound and see one tractor tipped, so you hardly miss what's going on in the story. It's a cute effect, but not having it doesn't dramatically alter the ride.
    What I meant was, they've had 60 years' experience making state-of-the-art attractions. They should know how much R&D is required to make a new attraction run smoothly. So, no, I don't in any way think they should just stick with old school rides.

And regardless, the tractor tipping is a cool effect is it really unreasonable for people to want it to be working? After waiting hours in line and paying a lot of money I want things to be running as intended, not on the cheap. And even if we exclude the tractor scene...can you say the same thing about the Sherriff and Mater animatronics? Their absence does alter the ride's narrative and flow.

Cars Land may be a return to form for WDI in terms of theming and immersion but RSR represents the same old short-cut approach to attractions we've been seeing.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    The degree to which certain people in this thread are content to see a sub-par ride experience is astounding. Broken effects were fine in the first few weeks after opening, but still months later? Sheesh! I have never been on the ride with everything operational.

Too many are too quick to shoot down negativity on this site. News flash: this site is for opinions of all types, both negative an positive... and if you've been on this site for more than a day you would see that most is relentlessly positive. We all know what constructive criticism looks like, its not necessary to point it out everytime you see it. All commentary has its place. And we need negative criticism, especially when an experience is falling apart before our eyes. Was anyone around in the 90's?

We should never have to say "don't get your hopes up" to someone going to a Disney park.
    Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    And regardless, the tractor tipping is a cool effect, is it really unreasonable for people to want it to be working? After waiting hours in line and paying a lot of money I want things to be running as intended, not on the cheap.
    This. Please stop telling me I need to be content with constantly broken effects.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Resident of the Caldera

Everything was working today except the tractor tipping, which it appears they have given up on for the time being. The three tractors are in various positions, all having already apparently been tipped. My first time on the ride today: 40 minutes on the single rider line at 9 am. Fantastic ride.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Addicted to Disney

The tractors are tipping on Radiator springs racers again according to mousewait.... can anyone else confirm this?https://twitter.com/MouseWait/status/235800205973397505

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

well I think this thread is valid and a type of thread seen all over Micechat forums. People complaining and ripping Disney parks apart, their attractions and so forth. So if someone is seeing a pattern in this ride and requests updates on what isn't working then let it be.

I personally love Walt Disney World and the Magic Kingdom and that thread/forum is full of "negative" views and people complaining about everything and anything those east parks offer. It's just cray cray for people here to demand certain things to be picked apart and others not to be. Nothing seems off limits here.

I know what I'm getting into when I check Micechat.com. I expect rants and extreme criticism as well as a healthy dose of good posts and encouraging words directed at the Disney Parks in general.

I guess this was my rant.

I will say about the ride that the only thing not working that was noticable was the tractors not tipping. It sucks that is what I still remember about that ride so an effect not working really sticks out. Maybe other stuff wasn't working but I didn't notice it but the tractors seemed like a major effect that does get noticed.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   

To my knowledge, the tractor tipping was the only show effect that was consistently out of order. DisneyManiac was correct that the problem has now been fixed, thankfully. Other issues have typically been temporary flukes.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Did they get rid of the Mist of water you go thru at the end of the ride due to electrical problems? Or is it just not working?
    The castmembers told us the cameras on the cars were sensitive and not taking the pictures? I thought the cameras were somewhere else but that's what I heard, also if you get the spray paint part you don't get a picture, only if you go through the tire scene. Has anyone else been told this by a castmember?

Also I went on the fifth and all was working except the tractors and a few out of sync mouths.

• Hello Dolly.

I can comfirm the tractor tipping effect was working tonight

Last night here and it was my last ride so I'm glad I got to see it since I don't know when I'll get to again.

From the 3 times I've been on the ride, the tractor tipping wasn't working every time and the starting line's Luigi's eyes weren't on during one of the ride throughs. I can't remember if the tunnel mist at the end was on or off all 3 times, but it was definitely on the first time.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

2 out of the 3 times I have been on I have had noone racing against me! This is very disappointing especially after waiting in line for over an hour!

• Minion

As of yesterday evening the tractor tipping wasn't working

• Hello Dolly.

Question: Is the ride supposed to have random winners after the race? Because every time we rode only the right side won.

I managed to get on early after finding out the tractor tipping was working on my ride the night before, but it wasn't working again. Guess it's a "if you get lucky" effect.

I'm a 6 for 6 winner. 5 times left side, one time right side. I was almost sure it was left only until I rode the right side. Maybe I'm just that good, I don't know...

I have been on the left side once and lost and twice on the right side and won both times. The "launch" at the race start also feels faster on the right side. Not sure if anyone agrees, but the right side is lucky for me. I've also gotten the same color car every time.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast